Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to hear from people who are on the fence about getting one of the vaccines, or who have decided against it. What are your reasons?

I'm a pediatric physician in Texas who has gotten the vaccine myself. I've seen the terrible toll of the virus firsthand and I'm watching this resurgence with tremendous frustration, because now it's affecting our kids at a higher rate. I want to better understand these decisions that people are making and hopefully open a dialogue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. BeCauSe mUh riGhTs
    2. BeCauSe i dOn't trUst vaCciNes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Children are just little adults so why won't the FDA let them get vaccinated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Many people worry that these vaccines were rushed into use and still do not have full FDA approval — they are currently being distributed under Emergency Use Authorizations," Goepfert said. "But because we have had so many people vaccinated, we actually have far more safety data than we have had for any other vaccine, and these COVID vaccines have an incredible safety track record. There should be confidence in that."

“The long-term side effects of COVID infection are a major concern. Up to 10 percent of people who have COVID experience side effects” such as difficulty thinking, pain, tiredness, loss of taste and depression. “We don’t know why that is, how long these symptoms will last or if there are effective ways to treat them. That is the most troubling unknown for me.”

https://www.uab.edu/reporter/resourc...things-to-know

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I want to hear from people who are on the fence about getting one of the vaccines, or who have decided against it. What are your reasons?

I'm a pediatric physician in Texas who has gotten the vaccine myself. I've seen the terrible toll of the virus firsthand and I'm watching this resurgence with tremendous frustration, because now it's affecting our kids at a higher rate. I want to better understand these decisions that people are making and hopefully open a dialogue.
    Go ahead and rush one thru for the under 12 crowd. I double dare ya.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Many people worry that these vaccines were rushed into use and still do not have full FDA approval — they are currently being distributed under Emergency Use Authorizations," Goepfert said. "But because we have had so many people vaccinated, we actually have far more safety data than we have had for any other vaccine, and these COVID vaccines have an incredible safety track record. There should be confidence in that."

“The long-term side effects of COVID infection are a major concern. Up to 10 percent of people who have COVID experience side effects” such as difficulty thinking, pain, tiredness, loss of taste and depression. “We don’t know why that is, how long these symptoms will last or if there are effective ways to treat them. That is the most troubling unknown for me.”

Tell it, ducks.

Testify!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tell it, Snake.

Testify, Boy!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1. BeCauSe mUh riGhTs
    2. BeCauSe i dOn't trUst vaCciNes
    & because you politicized it and are now reaping the whirl wind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's Dr. Mic e Fiscus, a former health official fired by the state of Tennessee for doing her job too well. This is what she told CNN:

"I think, you know, the other thing in Tennessee, and I think in a lot of our southern states what's happening is this ideology that

if you get this vaccine, you're somehow placating the left part of the political spectrum. who's politicizing vaccine?
    And so, what we're actually seeing is our most hesitant population in Tennessee is

the
    white male rural conservative and that

they are stating that they're not going to get the vaccine, really, out of spite, and

are willing to put their own lives and the lives of people that they love at risk because

they feel that if they get the vaccine,

then they have, you know, placated the left or done what the Biden administration
    wants them to do."

https://www.rawstory.com/cawthorn-2654435446

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-04-2021 at 06:43 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here's Dr. Mic e Fiscus, a former health official fired by the state of Tennessee for doing her job too well. This is what she told CNN:

"I think, you know, the other thing in Tennessee, and I think in a lot of our southern states what's happening is this ideology that

if you get this vaccine, you're somehow placating the left part of the political spectrum.

And so, what we're actually seeing is our most hesitant population in Tennessee is

the
    white male rural conservative and that

they are stating that they're not going to get the vaccine, really, out of spite, and

are willing to put their own lives and the lives of people that they love at risk because

they feel that if they get the vaccine,

then they have, you know, placated the left or done what the Biden administration
    wants them to do."

https://www.rawstory.com/cawthorn-2654435446

California ain't no southern state and they've been locked down for 18 months and lead in deaths at 65k.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard also that it does stuff to your dna
    So that is messed up if true
    That is why pregnant woman are not suppose to get it.
    Heard if you want kids do not get it also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & because you politicized it and are now reaping the whirl wind.
    Blake (I assume) and I are vaccinated. We're not the ones dying from COVID because we didn't take the vaccine.... We did take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You heard? That's almost as good as reading something that was published in a peer reviewed medical journal with comprehensive data sets and analysis.

I heard eating Tide Pods is fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does nothing to your DNA. Some of the vaccines are mRNA (different from DNA) and your body turns that tiny mRNA piece into the e protein and then creates an immune response to that e protein.

But if you're worried about the mRNA vaccine, just get the Johnson Johnson vaccine. It uses an INACTIVATED virus, which is technology that has been around for decades and used in vaccines that you got as a child.

This is part of why I wanted to have this discussion. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and you just pointed one of those pieces of misinformation out. I hope I was able to help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish by posting this, but the quotes in that article actually support vaccination, both from a safety standpoint and because of the many long term effects of COVID infections...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell it, Snake.

Testify, Boy!!!
    They are not little adults, which is why the vaccine hasn't been approved for children under 12.

This fact is why it's so important for every qualifying adult to get vaccinated. Our children are counting on us to get vaccinated and stop the spread of COVID, because they can't get the vaccine at this time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's something really sick about rural culture, esp rural male culture, backwards, retrograde, just ed up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does nothing to your DNA. Some of the vaccines are mRNA (different from DNA) and your body turns that tiny mRNA piece into the e protein and then creates an immune response to that e protein.

But if you're worried about the mRNA vaccine, just get the Johnson Johnson vaccine. It uses an INACTIVATED virus, which is technology that has been around for decades and used in vaccines that you got as a child.

This is part of why I wanted to have this discussion. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and you just pointed one of those pieces of misinformation out. I hope I was able to help
    So why should woman who are expected not get it ?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blue Santa gs having all kinds of convos with himself, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They don’t use vaccines, they use ignorance. It’s their way of life.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think you mean 40% of adults are little children.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ducks thinks the vaccines mutates you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard chupacabra prefer the taste of vaccinated blood

Thread Information