My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs stock piling those 2nd rounders
    They're on track to be the Thunder of the second round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc wants all the firsts and SA wants all the 2nds. It’s like in monopoly where one players gets all the property and the other guy is obsessed with getting all 4 railroads and 2 utilities

No Limit For Life NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Tank and add picks
    2. Repeat 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good move. This is the type of weaponizing of cap space I wanted. Not a huge get but it's the type of deal the Spurs should be doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc wants all the firsts and SA wants all the 2nds. It’s like in monopoly where one players gets all the property and the other guy is obsessed with getting all 4 railroads and 2 utilities
    DPG21920 turning heel is one of the most surprising 180s in this storyline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't complain the Spurs don't make these trades and then clown them when they do, my guy.

No Limit For Life NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good move. This is the type of weaponizing of cap space I wanted. Not a huge get but it's the type of deal the Spurs should be doing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Spurs collecting expiring contracts for a big trade?

Simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Spurs collecting expiring contracts for a big trade?

Simmons?
    Nah, just gathering free assets like they should be doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, atleast they are getting assests . Extra 2nd rnd picks cant hurt,and that xtra 1st from chicago will def help down the line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure they are getting another second rounder though…

• Spurs to acquire Hutchison and either the Bulls’, Lakers,’, or Pistons 2022 second-round pick (whichever is most favorable; from Wizards).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Sounds like they're getting an awesome second round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically now SA gets two of those picks, the least favorable from CHI and the most favorable from WSH. SAC gets the middle pick unless they've traded that this week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a 30 something pick for a small salary dump = home run. Unless I'm missing something or misinterpreting the conditions, this looks like a great trade. Early seconds are more valuable than late firsts because you're not locked into a certain contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Sounds like they're getting an awesome second round pick
    I thought this might mean it’s to do with the DDR deal yesterday meaning that the higher of the 3 available 2nd round picks go to the Spurs.
    I’m happy to be educated on this. I’m def. confused by all the dealings

Edit: Oh, saw Chinooks post as well. Thanks for clarifying gents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically now SA gets two of those picks, the least favorable from CHI and the most favorable from WSH. SAC gets the middle pick unless they've traded that this week.
    On top of the Spurs' own second rounder, they can prolly package them to move up into the late first round. Spurs finally made a smart move with their cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On top of the Spurs' own second rounder, they can prolly package them to move up into the late first round. Spurs finally made a smart move with their cap space.
    Spurs traded their 2022 second rounder in that Boris Diaw salary dump a million years ago, unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs traded their 2022 second rounder in that Boris Diaw salary dump a million years ago, unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So with this trade and the Derozan trade are they getting 3 2nd round picks or just 2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-I know wtf im doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a 30 something pick for a small salary dump = home run. Unless I'm missing something or misinterpreting the conditions, this looks like a great trade. Early seconds are more valuable than late firsts because you're not locked into a certain contract.
    So going into this off-season, Washington had the rights to be best of those three picks, Sacramento has the rights to the second-best of those picks and Chicago had the rights to the worst pick. The Spurs got the worst pick as a result of the DeRozan trade and the best pick as a result of the Hutch trade. This isn't a situation where Chicago now gets to keep their pick, because "better pick" that WSH got wasn't Chicago's to give. It's possible that the Spurs agreed to send that pick out in order to fulfill the trade requirements. But that's not indicated by what was just posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course they did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So going into this off-season, Washington had the rights to be best of those three picks, Sacramento has the rights to the second-best of those picks and Chicago had the rights to the worst pick. The Spurs got the worst pick as a result of the DeRozan trade and the best pick as a result of the Hutch trade. This isn't a situation where Chicago now gets to keep their pick, because "better pick" that WSH got wasn't Chicago's to give. It's possible that the Spurs agreed to send that pick out in order to fulfill the trade requirements. But that's not indicated by what was just posted.
    Yeah, Spurs have to send out something in this trade. You can't be in a trade without sending something (anything) somewhere. Hopefully the Spurs just send out a top-55 protected second round pick or the rights to Robertas Javtokas or whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we still got 2 2nd round picks and 1 first round pick? We just get the better 2nd rounder? Did I get this right? Cause i initially thought we got 2 seconds from the Bulls and a 3rd one from the Wizards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we still got 2 2nd round picks and 1 first round pick? We just get the better 2nd rounder? Did I get this right? Cause i initially thought we got 2 seconds from the Bulls and a 3rd one from the Wizards
    The Spurs did get three seconds and a first. It's just not clear if they sent out a second to complete the Hutchison deal. SA has to send out something, if only like $500k in cash or whatever. Most of their international rights probably won't work anymore, but Hanga, Milutinov and Dangubic probably do.

Thread Information