Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trying to give away Hutchison: "Hey, you want the rest of of these cold nachos?"

Rest of NBA: "Nah, I'm good bro"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that I hate is that a lot of people were saying - Don’t bring him over he sucks - he has no mid range game - he has no 3 ball - he is not the future NBA Center - He can only Gorilla dunk. But yet we sign Poodle who has No 3 ball - No Mid Range - And actually no offense - Even his dunks are wimpy and yet now everyone is OK with that I don’t understand?
    “Everyone” is not really accurate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that's an expensive second round pick
    At first glance yes, but seems like market for a high second rounder these days, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that's an expensive second round pick
    Depends where in the second round. 31-40, it’s fine, and it’s the Wizards pick, so, probably in that range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends where in the second round. 31-40, it’s fine, and it’s the Wizards pick, so, probably in that range.
    It's the Detroit pick - so even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the Detroit pick - so even better.
    Even better. Someone sold a second rounder a day to two before the draft for like $3-4M, so this isn’t out of line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who cares about the cost lol?! I love that Sa is willing to spend money to buy picks - that’s an incredible sign for fans honestly. Especially because it has no long term cap ramifications either. It’s a great move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who cares about the cost lol?! I love that Sa is willing to spend money to buy picks - that’s an incredible sign for fans honestly. Especially because it has no long term cap ramifications either. It’s a great move
    The Dude being positive about a FO move?! Pinch me, babe, I'm surely dreaming....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dude being positive about a FO move?! Pinch me, babe, I'm surely dreaming....
    Fair is fair!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even better. Someone sold a second rounder a day to two before the draft for like $3-4M, so this isn’t out of line.
    And this lets the Spurs use cash in another deal if they want to. Cannot send more than a certain amount of cash out in a given year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did phoenix suns tweet out that they signed him?

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1435339698990313475?s=20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has a couple of angles in a hypothetical Young-to-Phoenix trade.

The Spurs were trying to include Hutch the deal and then cut him when no deal materialized. In this scenario, they aren't going to trade Young to Phoneix (maybe because they have another Young trade or are deciding to keep him).

Or the Spurs are basically eating most of Chandlers' salary in order to get more value out of the Suns in the deal. It's not likely, since the Spurs could probably just give Phoenix cash in that case and let the Suns preserve Chandler's Bird rights and RFA status.

I do think this is significant, though it might not end up mattering much to what happens next. The Suns wanting two players from the Spurs but SA not getting a trade done will be something to look into over the next few weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Young and Hutchison for Saric and Smith (and a protected '24 1st) wouldn't have worked financially.

Thread Information