Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Milutinov become the next Luis Scola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in effect, we paid 4 million to turn our 2015 first rounder into a second rounder. Hmmm.... Well, honestly, it was sunk costs, so good to get something back for Milutinov. He was never going to be a Spur.
    well highly unlikely. He was taken because of two characteristics.
    1. he showed some promise
    2. He wasn't coming over the year drafted so he didn't impact cap space as they Pursued LMA. In the past the Spurs have even traded out of the 1st round and probably tried to do it then
    The game has changed even in the short time since he was drafted, so his value has declined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    countless threads about Milutinov washed away by a 2nd round pick
    You son of a I'm in!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so how do they get rid of Tik tok sensation? Just waive him? Gulag in Austin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in effect, we paid 4 million to turn our 2015 first rounder into a second rounder. Hmmm.... Well, honestly, it was sunk costs, so good to get something back for Milutinov. He was never going to be a Spur.
    I must have missed something. How and when did we pay $4 million for what/whom?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must have missed something. How and when did we pay $4 million for what/whom?
    Taking on the Hutchison contract @ 4 mill. We pay the Tik Tok kid no matter what (unless he can be flipped for something else, unlikely)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking on the Hutchison contract @ 4 mill. We pay the Tik Tok kid no matter what (unless he can be flipped for something else, unlikely)
    Got it! Thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Milutinov become the next Luis Scola
    Scola was actually a good player. Mikutinovs rights were only in the trade because the spurs literally had to have something in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola was actually a good player. Mikutinovs rights were only in the trade because the spurs literally had to have something in there.
    Milutinov is a good player too, but more for FIBA style basketball. He'd be dime a dozen type of center in the current NBA. Jock Landale has a better chance to make an impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I think Milutinov is actually a good prospect. The Spurs were never going to bring him over so not much of a loss. But, yeah, that probably knocks this down from an A trade to an A- trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I think Milutinov is actually a good prospect. The Spurs were never going to bring him over so not much of a loss. But, yeah, that probably knocks this down from an A trade to an A- trade.
    man, i really don't see it. looks like he would have been a nice backup in the early-mid 2000s but dont really see how he works in today's NBA at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the 2015 draft is never going to be okay. It's always going to be the Chernobyl of my Spurs fandom. But Milutinov is a good player while also being a bad prospect. He can just straight make more money in Europe compared to the US. Add in a buyout and a restricted market, and it didn't make sense. Nik would've only worked on the first-round scale, and after they let two years go by, they lost their leverage to get him to take less.

Of course, they absolutely should've just brought him over. They didn't need the money. I think realizing how much they ruined that situation and the one with Hanga soured them to the idea of stashing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enjoy Spurs fans
    wow this guy is a chode. At least he got us a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, i really don't see it. looks like he would have been a nice backup in the early-mid 2000s but dont really see how he works in today's NBA at all
    Yeah, tbh, I'd rather have Jock ... but you'd hope you'd get something more than literally nothing for him in a trade. The Spurs had to pick anything to add to this trade and went with him. Not a loss but just a little disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, tbh, I'd rather have Jock ... but you'd hope you'd get something more than literally nothing for him in a trade. The Spurs had to pick anything to add to this trade and went with him. Not a loss but just a little disappointing.
    well the fact that they drafted him to begin with was the issue (and that they never bothered at least trying to bring him over), but moving a guy who is likely never coming to the NBA and doesnt even look like he can have a role in the NBA doesnt hurt my feelings at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utilities and Railroads now ? Jk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a free agent last year I think, he had no buyout problems even before that I'm sure as he was expecting to be in the NBA. He would have earned his check a lot more than DeMarre Carroll or Trey Lyles.

If Zubac can succeed in the NBA in his role, Milutinov certainly could.

Anyways

I remember the good old days on this forum when so many were convinced that Scola couldn't play in the NBA, he was just a fiba and Europe guy. After all, if he was any good at all, the Spurs would have signed him, right?

And I remember the delight in the Spurs suckering some dumb new gm into taking his rights in a tiny salary dump, didn't that idiot know there was an impossible buyout? Didn't he know that Scola was demanding the max?

Besides, duncan and him could never play together, because they both could only play on the low block and two objects couldn't occupy the same space at the same time. Neither had any other way to score or contribute. It just wasn't meant to be.

Trip down memory lane aside, what really burns about Milutinov, or Scola, or even Hanga et al is this ...

In the harsh game of talent acquisition, the Spurs had already won at the hardest part: identifying NBA talent AND having exclusive rights. They did it! And that talent is usually gettable for cheap or reasonable for their first contract. After that it can be a rough road, but the Spurs scouting had done their job. They had the players! No one else could come in and steal them away in the NBA.

That's like free money. Free roll of the dice. Free square.

Every other team is scrambling to find guys and blowing picks, churning through 'second draft' busts, banking on washed up retirees, cycling through 10 days and 2 ways and summer leagues all just to find guys who can play on an active roster.

And the Spurs have had it and just tossed it aside; it's maddening. Why not use the asset while it's most valuable, that first contract? You've done all the work, just cross the finish line and take the prize.

And the Spurs guys wanted to be here. Scola wanted to play with Manu. Duncan was his favorite player. Hanga wanted to be a Spur, Milutinov too.

Morey pulled his hair out over Llull refusing any offer. The Magic set their franchise back with Fran Vasquez.

The Spurs had it, why didn't they just take it? I'll never get it. Instead of les in 05 and 07, is it possible that they would have run through 05, 06, 07, and 08? With just one small move, one flap of the butterfly wings ... A greasy haired flopper would have emerged from the chrysalis, glorious to behold!!!!

Oh well. At least they were able to spend their money where it really mattered most.

Bryn Forbes

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what a modern day NBA trade looks like. Gone are the days when teams would just trade one player for another straight up. Now, trades involve multiple teams and involve not only an exchange of players, but also include draft picks, draft rights, pick swaps, and trade exceptions.
    Are you complaining or just stating the obvious?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enjoy Spurs fans
    this Clown.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a free agent last year I think, he had no buyout problems even before that I'm sure as he was expecting to be in the NBA. He would have earned his check a lot more than DeMarre Carroll or Trey Lyles.

Anyways

I remember the good old days on this forum when so many were convinced that Scola couldn't play in the NBA, he was just a fiba and Europe guy. After all, if he was any good at all, the Spurs would have signed him, right?

And I remember the delight in the Spurs suckering some dumb new gm into taking his rights in a tiny salary dump, didn't that idiot know there was an impossible buyout? Didn't he know that Scola was demanding the max?

Besides, duncan and him could never play together, because they both could only play on the low block and two objects couldn't occupy the same space at the same time. Neither had any other way to score or contribute. It just wasn't meant to be.

Trip down memory lane aside, what really burns about Milutinov, or Scola, or even Hanga et al is this ...

In the harsh game of talent acquisition, the Spurs had already won at the hardest part: identifying NBA talent AND having exclusive rights. They did it! And that talent is usually gettable for cheap or reasonable for their first contract. After that it can be a rough road, but the Spurs scouting had done their job. They had the players! No one else could come in and steal them away in the NBA.

Every other team is scrambling to find guys and blowing picks, churning through 'second draft' busts, banking on washed up retirees, cycling through 10 days and 2 ways and summer leagues all just to find guys who can play on an active roster.

And the Spurs have had it and just tossed it aside; it's maddening. Why not use the asset while it's most valuable, that first contract? You've done all the work, just cross the finish line and take the prize.

And the Spurs guys wanted to be here. Scola wanted to play with Manu. Duncan was his favorite player. Hanga wanted to be a Spur, Milutinov too.

Morey pulled his hair out over Llull refusing any offer. The Magic set their franchise back with Fran Vasquez.

The Spurs had it, why didn't they just take it? I'll never get it. Instead of les in 05 and 07, is it possible that they would have run through 05, 06, 07, and 08? With just one small move, one flap of the butterfly wings ... A greasy haired flopper would have emerged from the chrysalis, glorious to behold!!!!

Oh well. At least they were able to spend their money where it really mattered most.

Bryn Forbes
    Poetry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing Pop has no idea what a tic tok is. Probably going to figure out after a single practice this guy sucks.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mommas don't let your babies get named to be chandler

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyways

Bryn Forbes
    Now your just rubbing salt in the wound...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyways

Bryn Forbes
    Now your just rubbing salt in the wound...

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy chandler, he's gross

Thread Information