Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    I hate seeing the all-time greats get old. Aging sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah I got 15 minutes in and couldn't take any more. Just too hard to watch

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like The Mule would have been the perfect way to stop acting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like The irishman it seems, some old washed up trying to CGI himself into the fountain of youth instead of getting someone that age to play that role.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    He'd already grown old,,,the decimater was finding Yoakam like that after this...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like Clint, and think it's super impressive that he's still working at his age, but he's getting pretty painful to look at.
    I watched it, because I can't imagine Clint making any more movies tbh and he's acted in and/or directed some of my favorites.

Not good. Clint was obviously supposed to be playing a younger old man than he was - 60 or 70 at most.
    Agree. Most unreal part for me was when Moms assigned gangsta was holding the kid and calling for all the locals that Clint was a kidnapper. Clint comes over and is going to fist fight him and punches him in the mouth and wins. FFS we expect some Hollywood but that was too much.

These two things, plus, unless Clint's love interest was into great-grandpa's or getting a green card, I did not see the love chemistry.
    Yeah forgot to mention that point. The love interest (as well as that scene with the mom) was awkward as .
    The way they had her pining over him from the moment they met. Think Eastwoods ego is delusional as and he leaks, makes that pours it into the storyline.
    I am glad he went back for her tho. I thought they he was going to continue the cold-hearted-is-macho bull . In fact seems like Clint was trying to undo a lifetime of them with the final statement.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Aside from all that, the storyline wasn't at all interesting and the characters' actions never made sense.
    Disagree. Basic storyline was very good imo.
    Clints mixed messages I agree jack with the movie. He's empathetic to the kid, or is he? After learning the greedy motive of the father and Clint himself being very shaken by it, he expects the kid to just instantly process the info and accept it spattering in a bunch of "shut up, deal with it" type bull . Weird. Pulled some of the same in Grand Torino.

OTOH Clint sure made a point of saying the macho isn't what it's all cracked up to be. Seems like he was talking about his own life / film making career.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now if only OP was smart enough to follow the 3 steps necessary to program his Fire Stick he'd be able to see the movie
    I streamed it porkchop so I'm making progress.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This was worse than I was expecting. The acting was terrible. Clint, Dwight....everybody. The kid might have been the worst. Can't believe they cast him. Or maybe it was the terrible lines. It was comical how many times they had him say, "his name is Macho".
    The writing was awful as well. It's like they didn't edit the script at all. Or even try to do extra takes on the filming. A couple of times, it seemed like the actors were stumbling over each other and they just didn't bother to re shoot the scene.

And wtf with the ending. It didn't seem like Dwight really wanted the kid and was going to use him as a bargaining chip.

Definitely time for Clint to let go of the acting. At least as the headliner.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This was worse than I was expecting. The acting was terrible. Clint, Dwight....everybody. The kid might have been the worst. Can't believe they cast him. Or maybe it was the terrible lines. It was comical how many times they had him say, "his name is Macho".
    The writing was awful as well. It's like they didn't edit the script at all. Or even try to do extra takes on the filming. A couple of times, it seemed like the actors were stumbling over each other and they just didn't bother to re shoot the scene.

And wtf with the ending. It didn't seem like Dwight really wanted the kid and was going to use him as a bargaining chip.

Definitely time for Clint to let go of the acting. At least as the headliner.
    That's it & that's all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I considered watching this the other night. Glad I didn’t waste my ing time tbh

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    6.5 or 7/10, was a cute movie but lacked action, climax and a real ending/resolution. Can't remember seeing another movie in this genre where nobody actually died or got seriously hurt. Not even the rooster died.

Movies in the same genre like Sicario (2015 - imo the first movie was a solid 10/10, the 2018 sequel was about a 6/10 at best despite a 10/10 intro) were far superior, but Cry Macho was kind of adorable and kid friendly imo unless your kid is fluent in Spanish.

Thread Information