Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really glad for Pop. He's in a different place in his life than he was back in 2014. He's lost his wife, the Spurs dynasty is over, and he's certainly at an age where he's feeling his mortality. I'm sure this victory was special for him for a number of reasons.

I was impressed by KD and how he took the U.S. team on his shoulders and carried them to victory. Draymond was great as well. And I do think Keldon brought some genuine excitement and energy that these guys needed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really glad for Pop. He's in a different place in his life than he was back in 2014. He's lost his wife, the Spurs dynasty is over, and he's certainly at an age where he's feeling his mortality. I'm sure this victory was special for him for a number of reasons.

I was impressed by KD and how he took the U.S. team on his shoulders and carried them to victory. Draymond was great as well. And I do think Keldon brought some genuine excitement and energy that these guys needed.
    This!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well put.

To add to that, I know a lot of posters around here give Pop for his political outlook, but you could tell that the Trump presidency and other recent social events took a grind on him. COVID is just the latest in that trend, and is one that potentially could threaten to end his life as a senior citizen. You aren't that outspoken about things if they don't weigh on you personally.

If this is his swan song, what a way to go out. Military veteran wins gold medal and avenges the loss from 2004 (which was more on Larry Brown imo). I don't think he was lying when he said how special it was to him...he's wanted that gold for a long time.

Pop needs to come back for one more year, get that all-time coaching record for good measure, and I would say there is nothing left for him to accomplish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Olympics in 2024, he might be willing to take another swing at it. I'd actually like to see him retire from the Spurs after this season or next then be the full time USANT coach through the next games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I would say there is nothing left for him to accomplish.
    How about coach a WNBA team to a Championship?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about coach a WNBA team to a Championship?
    Sure, why not.

Thread Information