timvp

Name: Jason Kidd
    Height: 6-4
    Weight: 212 lbs.
    Pos: PG
    Born: March 23, 1973, San Francisco, CA
    Drafted: 1994, 1st round, 2nd pick by Mavericks
    College: California

As everyone knows, Jason Kidd is a free agent this summer.

You know the details by now.

What do you think?

Jimcs50
    No way Jose!

KoriEllis
    Kidd has to be considered, but I don't think he should be the first option. Spurs have a great point guard. 2

travis2
    STOP THE MADNESS!!! :shock :shock :shock :shock

spurster
    I would prefer J. O'Neal or Brand to Kidd, but who's the star that wants to play with TD?

timvp
    If you are Pop and Kidd wants Duncan and Duncan wants Kidd, what do you do?

Question.

SpursForever
    Spurs fans and their wet dreams

Patrick Davis
    NO TO KIDD. Duncan won't say either way, he is too passive aggressive. He will just roll the ball away from Pop in practice.

timvp
    If Kidd wants to come to San Antonio, how are you going to say NO to him? He's one of the top players in the league. Unless you have someone like Jermaine O'Neal in the bag, it will be almost impossible to turn him down.

With a player like Kidd, you have to add him even if he isn't a need.

But if the Spurs win a Championship, my thinking may change

scott
    The Spurs aren't a point guard away from a championship.

I don't think the TP/Kidd backcourt would work, so I say NO!

Patrick Davis
    Its easy, when Kidd's agents calls SA

Pop: o

Kidd's agent: o, I represent Jason Kidd. can we set a date to meet.

Pop: No hablo ingles

Kidd's agent: Ahh forget it.

See, easy and fun way to say no to kidd this offseason.

SpursForever
    Sad Trick, Pay Us,

The Spurs would be certifiably mentally challenged if they hang up on Jason Kidd

Patrick Davis
    it was a joke

unlike you, when i make a stupid remark, i know its stupid.

timvp
    I don't love the idea of Parker playing off the ball, but I think it could work. He's a good enough shooter and slasher to make it work. Defensively, it isn't too much of a problem. Kidd is big enough to guard most 2 guards.

The problem is Manu is lost in the shuffle.

Patrick Davis
    I don't like the idea of Kidd coming, because i think we will end up looking like an eastern conference team. Kidd, Parker, Bowen, Rose, Duncan. That is too small to compete in the West.

Big Syke
    This is Jason Kidd we are talking about. He's the best point guard in the game. You can't NOT sign him.

Patrick Davis
    Everyone keeps saying that. I really don't think he will make our team 10 mil better. So I don't want him. You can say no to him, it might be hard, but you can't just throw away money cause he's the best pg. I really don't think he would make this team much better at all.

timvp
    A lot of people think like that. I'm sure it will be very, very tough for Pop to turn down Jason Kidd no matter the scenario.

Even if the Spurs win the Championship, I could see the Spurs still signing Kidd if he wants to come.

Patrick Davis
    You win or you don't win, you don't through money at a player just cause you can. We have a point guard. We don't have a center at the end of this season. We get Kidd, we most likely start Rose. That is an eastern conference team. I think the Lakers have a better chance of beating us if we sign Kidd.

timvp
    The thing is I don't know how you turn down a top five player, regardless of position. Parker is talented enough to play shooting guard. Kidd is a great basketball player, period. It doesn't matter where or how you play him, he'll find a way to be great.

Portland once drafted for need.

Sam Bowie.

Patrick Davis
    I don't see why we need Kidd to lob it into the post. Parker ain't a shooting guard. While were at it why don't we start Rose at SF. Yeah he could do it, but it will hurt his career, and he won't be happy. Funny you talk about Portland, They found it hard to turn down good players. Now everyone just waits for them to explode every season. Kidd has anger control problems too, he cussed out my friend at a game and timvp, if you walk up to him after a loss next season, he slap you silly just like he did his wife.

timvp
    I don't see why we need Kidd to lob it into the post. Parker ain't a shooting guard.
    In case you haven't noticed, this ain't your grandpa's Spurs. This group can run-and-gun with the best of them. Kidd won't just lob it down to Duncan. He'll lead the break and make everyone else better.

If nothing else, Kidd will make Duncan a better player. Kidd is one of the best players I've ever seen at getting players the ball where they want it. He'd give more easy baskets to Duncan then Duncan has had in the last two years.

Parker knows how to score. If he has to, he'd be a fine player off the ball. He'd still control the ball at times, so he wouldn't feel too "disconnected".

P.S.

Kidd ain't slappin' me

freak
    A. getting jason kidd does not make the spurs and eastern conference team.

B. because he cussed out your friend doesn't mean he has anger management problems. have you ever cussed out somebody? if so, do you have anger problems? and i bet your friend was innocently sitting at his seat eating cotton candy when the evil jason kidd hopped into the stands and yelled at his face

C. i agree with you, i don't want jason kidd either

Patrick Davis
    Parker will have a major disadvantage going at it on players 4-6 inches taller than him. He won't be nearly as effective when people are looking for him to score.

Duncan is the best player in the NBA, Kidd won't make him any better. He will me everyone else "look" better. He will make passes other people could make he just makes em flashier so people think the other guy must have done something good too. Its like when they give him an assist on a miss layup that K-Mart puts back in.

The Spurs have changed, BUT their half-court is what seperates them from other teams. They can do everything so well. Your making the Spurs the Nets with Duncan insted of Martin. Give me a big man and we can dominate inside. It's just simple minded thinking to say we can't turn down a player cause he's good.

timvp
    Parker will have a major disadvantage going at it on players 4-6 inches taller than him. He won't be nearly as effective when people are looking for him to score.
    First of all, he will have a huge speed advantage. What shooting guard in the league outside of Iverson can keep up with Parker? The size wouldn't be too difficult because he's already finishing at the rim against seven footers. And on defense, Kidd will be guarding the 2.

Duncan is the best player in the NBA, Kidd won't make him any better.
    Of course he'll make Duncan better. Kidd makes everyone on his team better. Players like Richard Jefferson exploding for huge games doesn't just happen. That is a result of numerous good looks from Kidd.

It's just simple minded thinking to say we can't turn down a player cause he's good.
    It doesn't make sense to turn down a top five player. You fit them in wherever you can.

To turn them down is simple minded.

Thread Information