Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people will avoid the hospitals full with delta and will die due to not seeing a doctor.
    This was always the danger, as I have been pointing out since day one.

300,000 total hospital beds for 300,000,000 million people. That is total hospital beds, not ICU/acute care with is even less than that.

All you need is to suddenly have a need to hospitalize somewhere around 0.01% to 0.1% of the population at once, and you have filled up every open ICU/acute care bed in the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    opens up a ridiculous precedent... southern doctor refusing to treat a woman who is having complications following an abortion, etc

imo this is nutty vindictive thinking
    A precedent of denying care to patients who could have avoided their illness at absolutely no cost but chose to be ing re ed instead is a good standard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News viewership is directly tied to lower vaccination rates

86% of adult Democrats have received at least one dose of the vaccine, compared to just 52% of Republicans.

one peer-reviewed study determined that viewers of Fox News were statistically more likely to say they would refuse the COVID-19 vaccines than viewers of CNN or MSNBC. This appeared to confirm two prior (non peer-reviewed) studies which showed a measurable correlation between Fox News viewership and refusal to comply with stay-at home orders issued by governmental agencies to contain the spread of the virus. A Pew survey also conducted last year confirmed that Fox News viewers were also more likely than their CNN/MSNBC watching peers to believe that the media had "greatly exaggerated" the pandemic; others showed that viewers of conservative news outlets felt that CDC reports were being deliberately slanted to undermine the Trump administration.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/fox-news/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blacks and hispanics are dying of covid right now at a great clip.

The myth that only.conserva s.are anti mask is that....

Just a myth
    Crickets (besides will)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News viewership is directly tied to lower vaccination rates

86% of adult Democrats have received at least one dose of the vaccine,

compared to just
    52% of Republicans.

one peer-reviewed study determined that viewers of Fox News were statistically more likely to say they would refuse the COVID-19 vaccines than viewers of CNN or MSNBC.

This appeared to confirm
    two prior (non peer-reviewed) studies which showed a measurable correlation between Fox News viewership and refusal to comply with stay-at home orders issued by governmental agencies to contain the spread of the virus.

A
    Pew survey also conducted last year confirmed that Fox News viewers were also more likely than their CNN/MSNBC watching peers to believe that the media had "greatly exaggerated" the pandemic;

others showed that viewers of conservative news outlets felt that CDC reports were being deliberately slanted to undermine the Trump administration.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/fox-news/

Murdoch family is homicidal, to keep the advertising profits pouring in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A precedent of denying care to patients who could have avoided their illness at absolutely no cost but chose to be ing re ed instead is a good standard.
    ok. so refuse medical treatment to smokers, drunk drivers, people who eat too much fast food, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The “You can’t get mad at them you have to be thoughtful and listen to their concerns and reasons why they aren’t vaccinated” Democuck is quite frankly more insufferable than the anti-vaxxer conservative. Its trying to manufacture good faith concern when their isn’t any. Being an anti-vaxxer is ultimately rooted in just being a contrarian who wants to tell everyone their wrong and he’s right. There’s no good faith concern about the vaccine for people who aren’t immunocompromised, it’s been insanely effective so far and was a medical miracle. By far the best achievement of Trump’s presidency.
    you yourself are ok with being this "democuck" when it comes to black/hispanic folk who are unvaccinated. you only want to dance on the graves of the white conservatives. its pure spite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitals can't turn patients away by law (thank you Reagan)... now the whole insurance premium thing makes sense. The problem is that you have States like Texas were a lot of these re s reside which happens to also have the lowest amount of insured people in America.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Crickets (besides will)

Well to be fair we haven’t heard crickets, apparently a lot of poor people can’t afford a vaccine that….checking notes….is free?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok so you send the sick contagious people home and they continue spreading it. great solution!
    Who are they going to spread it to? Other anti-vaxxers?

Accountability and social responsibility matter. The costs of treating anti-vaxxers are ultimately shared in rising health care premiums. ICU space is zero-sum and the beds they take up are ones that can't be used by truly innocent victims. There's simply no justification at this point for not being vaccinated. And there's no moral high road to treating these idiots in spite of themselves because we're seeing cate being denied to other non-covid patients. And that has nothing to do with the economic and social costs this is exacting as shut downs are becoming likely again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah same, but anti-vaxxers objectively should cost more to cover and we shouldn’t be paying higher premiums to subsidize their conspiracy theory wet dreams.
    It just makes sense. Bad drivers pay more, unhealthy people pay more, why shouldn't unvaccinated idiots pay more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be fair we haven’t heard crickets, apparently a lot of poor people can’t afford a vaccine that….checking notes….is free?

The Obama blacks and hispanics prefer a 6 pack to a vaccine tbqh

Morons lets dance on their graves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just makes sense. Bad drivers pay more, unhealthy people pay more, why shouldn't unvaccinated idiots pay more?
    paying more is one thing. refusing medical service and sending them home to die is different

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, there's really no excuse for my hispanic bros not to be vaccinated. I don't know what the deal is with african americans, but I can't think of a good reason either.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you yourself are ok with being this "democuck" when it comes to black/hispanic folk who are unvaccinated. you only want to dance on the graves of the white conservatives. its pure spite
    Strawman. I’m talking about calling anti-vaxxers stupid here and I’m 100% in favor of calling black and Hispanic anti-vaxxers braindead over-religious n!ggers and s. That’s different than dancing on their grave when they die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. so refuse medical treatment to smokers, drunk drivers, people who eat too much fast food, etc
    Sounds progressive

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    paying more is one thing. refusing medical service and sending them home to die is different
    Of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are they going to spread it to? Other anti-vaxxers?

Accountability and social responsibility matter. The costs of treating anti-vaxxers are ultimately shared in rising health care premiums. ICU space is zero-sum and the beds they take up are ones that can't be used by truly innocent victims. There's simply no justification at this point for not being vaccinated. And there's no moral high road to treating these idiots in spite of themselves because we're seeing cate being denied to other non-covid patients. And that has nothing to do with the economic and social costs this is exacting as shut downs are becoming likely again.
    children who are too young to get vaccinated. people who are immunocompromised. vulnerable people who are vaccinated and yet become breakthrough cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds progressive
    its not. thats why i've been vehemently arguing against this concept

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of these are analogous. There's a free vaccine. Smokers and fat s like DMC aren't contagion risks. And I'd be fine with treating anti-vaxxers if, at the end of their treatment, they had a felony conviction like DWI criminals. And none of these three are putting a strain on limited hospital resources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    children who are too young to get vaccinated. people who are immunocompromised. vulnerable people who are vaccinated and yet become breakthrough cases.
    Are children and HIV patients going to hang out with Cletus after he returns from being turned down at the ER?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strawman. I’m talking about calling anti-vaxxers stupid here and I’m 100% in favor of calling black and Hispanic anti-vaxxers braindead over-religious n!ggers and s. That’s different than dancing on their grave when they die.
    this is what happens when you make these moral claims on the fly instead of really thinking things out for a minute. even when acknowledging that minorities are anti-vax, you specifically excluded them from your ing the football on graves celebration

I didn’t say it’s only conservatives dying and you’re right minorities are anti-vaxxers to ( muh Tuskegee Experiment ), but I’m not celebrating the death of blacks and Hispanics. Just conservatives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are children and HIV patients going to hang out with Cletus after he returns from being turned down at the ER?
    if its Cletus' kids and his mom that lives in the trailer next door, maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, there's really no excuse for my hispanic bros not to be vaccinated. I don't know what the deal is with african americans, but I can't think of a good reason either.
    Easy theyre morons and deserve to die.

Just less votes for Biden 2024 Cheers

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That’s already happening at uncontainable levels whether you treat them or send them home.

im willing to compromise. The same way The Inglorious Bas s carved a swastika into the forehead of every Nazi they showed mercy to, anti-vaxxers can get treated for COVID if they get “ANTI-VAX” carved into their forehead with a machete..

Thread Information