Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really think reality is a Disney cartoon?

The difference is quite easy to understand.

Vaccines go to everyone, sick or not.

Who is eligible to receive monoclonal antibody therapy?
    Monoclonal antibody treatment is available to individuals who:

Are high risk** for developing severe COVID-19 and
    Have a positive COVID-19 test and have not yet been admitted to the hospital and
    Are 12 years of age or older (and at least 88 pounds)

Post-exposure preventive monoclonal antibodies are available to those who have been exposed (consistent with the CDC's close contact criteria)* and who are:

High risk** for developing severe COVID-19 and
    12 years of age or older (and at least 88 pounds) and
    Not fully vaccinated or vaccinated but immunocompromised

So you shouldn't have both a vaccination and the monoclonal antibodies unless you are immunocompromised.

So it's not inconsistent to be vaccine hesitant as a healthy person and yet be in favor of the monoclonal antibodies if you meet the criteria above.
    I think bb was referring to the identical level of authorization, emergency use.

how do you like the taste of my crew socks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if we did not know already - MAGA s are more likely to not be vaccinated than blacks!

Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans

Consider new polling from the Pew Research Center. It tracked vaccine uptake over the course of the year, finding that Democrats and Asian Americans are the groups most likely to say they have received a dose of the vaccine. Black Americans are the racial group least likely to say so, though that figure is about equal to the percentage of Whites who say they’ve received a dose. It is also higher than three groups that are largely Republican: Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, rural Americans and White evangelical Protestants.

Over the course of the vaccine rollout, we’ve seen that polling on vaccinations tracks with actual vaccination numbers, but it is the case that someone saying they are vaccinated is different from their actually being vaccinated. So we can look, once again, at the most obvious overlap of vaccination and politics: how counties voted in 2020 and how heavily vaccinated they are.

The Kaiser Family Foundation has been tracking this over time, finding on Tuesday that about 53 percent of people in counties that voted for Joe Biden in 2020 are fully vaccinated, compared with 40 percent of people in counties that voted for Donald Trump. In May, the gap between the two was only seven percentage points. Now it’s nearly twice as big.

Again looking only at the counties for which we have vaccination data, a slightly higher percentage of Black Americans than Trump voters live in the half of counties with the highest vaccination rates. But 1.9 times as many Trump voters overall live in the less vaccinated half of counties. There are about 7.4 million more Trump voters than Black residents in those least-vaccinated counties. There are a lot more Trump voters in the more heavily vaccinated counties, too, of course, but the ratio is narrower: 1.8 times as many.

None of this is a defense of those who aren’t vaccinated, whatever their race or politics. It is, instead, an effort to contextualize the continued effort by many on the right to point fingers at Black Americans as deserving of particular criticism on vaccination rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/
    The issue isn't about criticizing blacks. It's about the left ignoring vaccine hesitancy based on political affiliation. Why would vaccine hesitant republicans criticize blacks for also being vaccine hesitant?

The spin never stops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really think reality is a Disney cartoon?
    Some poster here has claimed reality is the matrix... never underestimate stupidity...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think bb was referring to the identical level of authorization, emergency use.

how do you like the taste of my crew socks?
    How does that change anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some poster here has claimed reality is the matrix... never underestimate stupidity...
    WH's comment was just a wordier version of the "hive mentality" accusation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's been so much flip flopping by the left this is just comical now. Masks are not necessary... masks are necessary. Won't take a vaccine created by Trump... Everyone must take the vaccine. Lock-downs work... not really. Vaccinated are good to go... now they're not and boosters are necessary(maybe a daily pill as well). Joy Reid last September no to vaccines... Joy Reid now Nicki Minaj is wrong for not accepting the vaccine. Biden we cannot make vaccines mandatory... Biden now they are mandatory. Hospitals are near full capacity/everyone's dying left and right.... 50% of hospitalizations are paranoid idiots with only minor symptoms. Biden will save and solve the covid issue... "Covid deaths" are still at the same rate as when trump was in (or more).

What about people that have survived covid?

I mean really what do you believe? Some people just know better than everyone else I guess. They just KNOW everything the government claims must be a fact.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's been so much flip flopping by the left this is just comical now. Masks are not necessary... masks are necessary. Won't take a vaccine created by Trump... Everyone must take the vaccine. Lock-downs work... not really. Vaccinated are good to go... now they're not and boosters are necessary(maybe a daily pill as well). Joy Reid last September no to vaccines... Joy Reid now Nicki Minaj is wrong for not accepting the vaccine. Biden we cannot make vaccines mandatory... Biden now they are mandatory. Hospitals are near full capacity/everyone's dying left and right.... 50% of hospitalizations are paranoid idiots with only minor symptoms. Biden will save and solve the covid issue... "Covid deaths" are still at the same rate as when trump was in (or more).

I mean really what do you believe? Some people just know better than everyone else I guess. They just KNOW everything the government claims must be a fact.
    You believed Trump.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will never understand why vaccines are so scary to the deplorables but they have no problems with monoclonal antibodies.
    if the vaccine worked when they got sick like the monoclonal antibodies, they'd be taking it at the first chance they got.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you're vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask because the numbers are low, oh look the numbers are high again because all the unvaccinated people went maskless so now we're saturated in COVID.

They're also not boosters they should have always been 3 and 2 shots respectively but the companies found a way to make them smaller doses so they could cash in on the "boosters" because they were negotiated at 3 times the price, example the j&j had a 90% efficacy with a second dose, but was made a 1 dose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You believed Trump.
    In my opinion, the guy was right as far as me and my family are concerned. Others voted for Biden just to go against Trump. This, as we are all seeing day by day, was so wrong. Biden admin. are a complete FUBAR. The issues we are facing really have nothing to do with DT but regular POTUS should be able to handle. I don't care if Biden was prez after Obama or Hillary (lol), he's ing things up for me and our kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask because the numbers are low, oh look the numbers are high again because all the unvaccinated people went maskless so now we're saturated in COVID.

They're also not boosters they should have always been 3 and 2 shots respectively but the companies found a way to make them smaller doses so they could cash in on the "boosters" because they were negotiated at 3 times the price, example the j&j had a 90% efficacy with a second dose, but was made a 1 dose.
    (Only way I can say it, not trying to start .) How the do you know? I think their position will continue to change until everyone agrees!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A lot of BS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You agree with me then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm totin' up those ciphers and lodging them upon the mother er Biden. ha, ha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my opinion, the guy was right as far as me and my family are concerned. Others voted for Biden just to go against Trump. This, as we are all seeing day by day, was so wrong. Biden admin. are a complete FUBAR. The issues we are facing really have nothing to do with DT but regular POTUS should be able to handle. I don't care if Biden was prez after Obama or Hillary (lol), he's ing things up for me and our kids.
    Oh yeah great call on 15 cases going on zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vaccine created by Trump

What a re ed thing to say. So are you antivaxx and going for a Herman Cain award?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the vaccine worked when they got sick like the monoclonal antibodies, they'd be taking it at the first chance they got.
    Aren't the monoclonals not that useful once someone starts feeling really sick? Thought you had to use them pretty early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't the monoclonals not that useful once someone starts feeling really sick? Thought you had to use them pretty early.
    You do

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah great call on 15 cases going on zero.
    You are way too smart for me homie. What the heck are you talking about? Are you one of the few idiots that give Biden a high approval rating?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccine created by Trump

What a re ed thing to say. So are you antivaxx and going for a Herman Cain award?
    Don't even know what you are talking about. Who the is Herman Cain? Whatever nerd.

About the vaccine, you know what the I meant. Under his watch that vaccine you LOVE, was birthed. You probably think Nas X is awesome cuz he had a baby? Disgusting Nas guy and your corrupt thinking. Nasty ass gente.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't even know what you are talking about. Who the is Herman Cain? Whatever nerd.

About the vaccine, you know what the I meant. Under his watch that vaccine you LOVE, was birthed. You probably think Nas X is awesome cuz he had a baby? Disgusting Nas guy and your corrupt thinking. Nasty ass gente.
    LOL Trumper doesn't know who Herman Cain is, right. The vaccine I took was birthed under Merkel's watch by BioNTech if you want to give credit to the president of the nation it was created in. Since you're such a low information poster you're not vaccinated against COVID, correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are way too smart for me homie. What the heck are you talking about? Are you one of the few idiots that give Biden a high approval rating?
    You said Trump was right when he constantly made idiotic claims like 15 cases going on zero.

Thread Information