Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude talks about me non stop then claims to have me on ignore
    He also claims to be black but that's neither here nor there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida GOP official who wanted to 'end Faucism' clever!
    dies from COVID-19

An official from Florida's Hillsborough County Republican Party —

which has been busy mobilizing members to protest coronavirus restrictions such as school mask mandates —

has died from COVID-19.

https://www.rawstory.com/florida-gop-official-dies
    When's RAWSTORY going to write your obituary though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a hilariously false reading of that chart.

I thought I told you to steer clear of math stuff.
    Blacks are disproportionately represented by COVID deaths. Maybe you can get onboard that concept, since it sounds woke.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Blacks are disproportionately represented by COVID deaths.
    That's a true statement.

What is not a true statement is that 2x as many blacks have died from COVID as whites.

Do you understand the difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a true statement.

What is not a true statement is that 2x as many blacks have died from COVID as whites.

Do you understand the difference?
    Now you're all about raw numbers. The average black family has more deaths than the average white family.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's goalpost

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Now you're all about raw numbers. The average black family has more deaths than the average white family.

These are raw numbers:

So for those 6 people who's deaths you celebrated, 12 black people died. 16 or so Latinos.
    They're wrong.

I'm glad we're aligned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These are raw numbers:

They're wrong.

I'm glad we're aligned.
    You don't value black lives.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC: teh blacks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is wrong with this guy lol
    Nursing homes started extending wifi hours, due to staffing issues, to keep geriatrics mentally active.

So it is sort of like self-checkout at grocery stores but for geriatrics from getting lonely due to family not visiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't value black lives.
    Most likely and he also knows no black people irl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely and he also knows no black people irl.
    Probably had one cleaning his house when he was growing up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if we did not know already - MAGA s are more likely to not be vaccinated than blacks!

Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans

Consider new polling from the Pew Research Center. It tracked vaccine uptake over the course of the year, finding that Democrats and Asian Americans are the groups most likely to say they have received a dose of the vaccine. Black Americans are the racial group least likely to say so, though that figure is about equal to the percentage of Whites who say they’ve received a dose. It is also higher than three groups that are largely Republican: Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, rural Americans and White evangelical Protestants.

Over the course of the vaccine rollout, we’ve seen that polling on vaccinations tracks with actual vaccination numbers, but it is the case that someone saying they are vaccinated is different from their actually being vaccinated. So we can look, once again, at the most obvious overlap of vaccination and politics: how counties voted in 2020 and how heavily vaccinated they are.

The Kaiser Family Foundation has been tracking this over time, finding on Tuesday that about 53 percent of people in counties that voted for Joe Biden in 2020 are fully vaccinated, compared with 40 percent of people in counties that voted for Donald Trump. In May, the gap between the two was only seven percentage points. Now it’s nearly twice as big.

Again looking only at the counties for which we have vaccination data, a slightly higher percentage of Black Americans than Trump voters live in the half of counties with the highest vaccination rates. But 1.9 times as many Trump voters overall live in the less vaccinated half of counties. There are about 7.4 million more Trump voters than Black residents in those least-vaccinated counties. There are a lot more Trump voters in the more heavily vaccinated counties, too, of course, but the ratio is narrower: 1.8 times as many.

None of this is a defense of those who aren’t vaccinated, whatever their race or politics. It is, instead, an effort to contextualize the continued effort by many on the right to point fingers at Black Americans as deserving of particular criticism on vaccination rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘We’re ALIVE!’ Anti-Vax YouTube Couple Dead

After Posting Boastful Video

two YouTubers from Alabama who were popular for online resale tips

died as a result of COVID-19 days after they posted a video confirming they would never get vaccinated,

"We are ALIVE and still Reselling on eBay," the couple said in their last video.

The couple, Dusty Graham and Tristan Graham, known as "Alabama Pickers,"

posted quite a few videos on their YouTube channel denying COVID-19.

their last video remains online reposted through other accounts, including the channel "Vaxx Mann."

That channel belongs to the website sorryanitvaxxer.com,

which is dedicated to re-sharing social media posts from people who publicly opposed the COVID-19 vaccine only to later die from the virus.

Dusty died Thursday after battling COVID-19 for three weeks.

His wife had "passed suddenly in her sleep" weeks earlier due to coronavirus complications on August 25

"Unfortunately Dusty and Tristan have both passed away," no, suicide by covid

https://www.nationalmemo.com/anti-vaxxer-youtube-dead

the habitual "unfortunately ... <bad thing>" is ALWAYS superfluous

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-19-2021 at 10:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 LAPD cops dead from covid

1000s more infected

LAPD demanding exemption

Infantile Americans are diseased with with their sociopathic "rights" and The Negative Power of No, so easy to say and do nothing, while YES means action.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will never understand why vaccines are so scary to the deplorables but they have no problems with monoclonal antibodies.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As if we did not know already - MAGA s are more likely to not be vaccinated than blacks!

Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans

Consider new polling from the Pew Research Center. It tracked vaccine uptake over the course of the year, finding that Democrats and Asian Americans are the groups most likely to say they have received a dose of the vaccine. Black Americans are the racial group least likely to say so, though that figure is about equal to the percentage of Whites who say they’ve received a dose. It is also higher than three groups that are largely Republican: Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, rural Americans and White evangelical Protestants.

Over the course of the vaccine rollout, we’ve seen that polling on vaccinations tracks with actual vaccination numbers, but it is the case that someone saying they are vaccinated is different from their actually being vaccinated. So we can look, once again, at the most obvious overlap of vaccination and politics: how counties voted in 2020 and how heavily vaccinated they are.

The Kaiser Family Foundation has been tracking this over time, finding on Tuesday that about 53 percent of people in counties that voted for Joe Biden in 2020 are fully vaccinated, compared with 40 percent of people in counties that voted for Donald Trump. In May, the gap between the two was only seven percentage points. Now it’s nearly twice as big.

Again looking only at the counties for which we have vaccination data, a slightly higher percentage of Black Americans than Trump voters live in the half of counties with the highest vaccination rates. But 1.9 times as many Trump voters overall live in the less vaccinated half of counties. There are about 7.4 million more Trump voters than Black residents in those least-vaccinated counties. There are a lot more Trump voters in the more heavily vaccinated counties, too, of course, but the ratio is narrower: 1.8 times as many.

None of this is a defense of those who aren’t vaccinated, whatever their race or politics. It is, instead, an effort to contextualize the continued effort by many on the right to point fingers at Black Americans as deserving of particular criticism on vaccination rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/
    Were these the same (((experts))) that concluded Trump rallies were superspreader events while BLM protests weren't?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will never understand why vaccines are so scary to the deplorables but they have no problems with monoclonal antibodies.
    not scary at all to them. it's childish refusal, just to exercise their "right" to say NO.

Their rights overwhelm any consideration for the own and others health and lives.

obsession with "rights" is one of America's worst and deepest perversions, but there are many more perversions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or ing their cousins... talk about genetic experiments...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First amendment permits you to say “Jimmer was always meant to star in MSG!” but no one should believe or act on that , tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Veronica Wolski, anti-masker with COVID-19 who QAnon demanded be treated with ivermectin, dies

Wolski, an adamant QAnon believer, went viral in the past for both bragging that she refused to wear a face mask while in stores, and for preaching QAnon conspiracy theories from a bridge in Chicago, Illinois.

"I have never once worn a mask,”

“I have called the police on people that tried to make me wear masks.”

Lin Wood, .. told the operator

they’ll be charged with murder because they refused to dispense Ivermectin to an anti-vaxxer pal of his who got COVID.

Wood is using Wolski’s death as further incentive to get QAnon followers to harass medical workers.

“It is our responsibility to ensure that these medical murders stop NOW and the perpetrators be brought to justice,”

Wood wrote in part on Telegram. He added: “Now, we go to war.”

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/...sive-care-unit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because monoclonal antibodies probably saved Trump. simple as that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-mask FL GOP bookkeeper dies of COVID —

leav
    ing party without access to finance software

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/19/ant...ance-software/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because monoclonal antibodies probably saved Trump. simple as that.
    you really think reality is a Disney cartoon?

The difference is quite easy to understand.

Vaccines go to everyone, sick or not.

Who is eligible to receive monoclonal antibody therapy?
    Monoclonal antibody treatment is available to individuals who:

Are high risk** for developing severe COVID-19 and
    Have a positive COVID-19 test and have not yet been admitted to the hospital and
    Are 12 years of age or older (and at least 88 pounds)

Post-exposure preventive monoclonal antibodies are available to those who have been exposed (consistent with the CDC's close contact criteria)* and who are:

High risk** for developing severe COVID-19 and
    12 years of age or older (and at least 88 pounds) and
    Not fully vaccinated or vaccinated but immunocompromised

So you shouldn't have both a vaccination and the monoclonal antibodies unless you are immunocompromised.

So it's not inconsistent to be vaccine hesitant as a healthy person and yet be in favor of the monoclonal antibodies if you meet the criteria above.

Thread Information