Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont track whats on the front page on a daily basis. but this guy has been one of the most talked about stories for the last month+ that i can think of
    More than the Eron story back then?ok then I stand corrected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol trying to act cool.

You either didn't invest or you've lost it. You can't say now you've had it under the bed this whole time
    Sure, Jan

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater folds

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    where is the media treating him with kid gloves. presumably that same media would be up in arms about him being wrongfully arrested/charged
    he was barely mentioned in a negative way until the last couple days. look up articles about him from weeks ago or longer and you wont see anything about him being a criminal that stole billions from FTX users. when did anyone say he was wrongfully arrested? there is a difference between pointing out the msm not painting him as the piece of he is and claiming they are defending him as innocent or something

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    before they actually arrested his ass, this was being treated as "lol see crypto is a scam" and not that Bankman-fried scammed his customers to pay for lavish orgies and

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    before they actually arrested his ass, this was being treated as "lol see crypto is a scam" and not that Bankman-fried scammed his customers to pay for lavish orgies and
    both are true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dumb way to think

Crypto is not a scam. Its like saying the Internet is evil.

Some kindergarten way of thinking imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than the Eron story back then?ok then I stand corrected
    what happened with Enron and FTX are pretty different... one was bull accounting fraud meant to mislead the market and keep their stock unsustainably high. the other appears to be large scale embezzlement. enron was also a company with a market cap twice as big as FTX.

but i dno, my memory of the reporting had been pretty damn negative towards SBF. he was getting roasted for effectively admitting his crimes on twitter. and articles were calling him a villain, etc, for a while.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/18/busin...ned/index.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/13/busin...ion/index.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/15/how-...overnight.html
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-sam...rs-11668398012
    https://www.axios.com/2022/11/16/ftx...legal-strategy

these are all from november from a quick google search. i dno what your recollection was of him being coddled. was it his TV interviews or somethin? thats certainly possible. i get 99% of my news from reading print

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dumb way to think

nah, its a giant pump and dump. other speculative bubbles, like real estate, at least have some underlying value. baseline bum's comparison to tulip bulbs is the most apt

at best its just a gambling mechanism. at best.

this is why all crypto exchanges keep paying celebrities to promote their .. but they pay them in cash, not crypto . a number of celebs have been hit with SEC violations for their touting of crypto. including your boy steven seagal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happened with Enron and FTX are pretty different... one was bull accounting fraud meant to mislead the market and keep their stock unsustainably high. the other appears to be large scale embezzlement. enron was also a company with a market cap twice as big as FTX.

but i dno, my memory of the reporting had been pretty damn negative towards SBF. he was getting roasted for effectively admitting his crimes on twitter. and articles were calling him a villain, etc, for a while.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/18/busin...ned/index.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/13/busin...ion/index.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/15/how-...overnight.html
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-sam...rs-11668398012
    https://www.axios.com/2022/11/16/ftx...legal-strategy

these are all from november from a quick google search. i dno what your recollection was of him being coddled. was it his TV interviews or somethin? thats certainly possible. i get 99% of my news from reading print
    Wow 4 articles in novermber. The amount of $ gone eclipses Enron by a lot (thats what I read)

Enron was 24/7 on all tv channels for weeks.

It was called the Enron Scandal 100% of the time. When is this a scandal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow 4 articles in novermber. The amount of $ gone eclipses Enron by a lot (thats what I read)

Enron was 24/7 on all tv channels for weeks.

It was called the Enron Scandal 100% of the time. When is this a scandal?
    im sorry that i didnt copy/paste literally every single article about FTX over the last 2 months. i just posted found a few on the first google page when i filtered for results before december

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are you getting your specific numbers on how the $ gone eclipses Enron by a lot?

enron shareholders lost 74 billion and thats not including all the ruiend pension funds for employees that was also in the billions. OTOH, FTX "transferred" 10 billion to alameda

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dumb way to think

Its not a currency.
    If you say it is a currency you are a liar.

Its like saying, if I write you a check, it can gain and lose value depending on its intrinsic WHAT?
    A currency is used to pay for things that have intrinsic value. A currency does not produce anything.
    People hold crypto long term like it will gain value? Thats like thinking a check I write will gain value stashed under my bed.

Crypto could be a currency. But people are NOT USING it like a currency by my understanding.
    The only thing backing its intrinsic value is other people thinking it has intrinsic value in and of itself like a check I might write that somehow produces something.
    Well the check produces nothing. Its a vehicle for trading because bartering at an open market is a pain in the ass. "I will give you a pumpkin for 3 yellow squash"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are you getting your specific numbers on how the $ gone eclipses Enron by a lot?

enron shareholders lost 74 billion and thats not including all the ruiend pension funds for employees that was also in the billions. OTOH, FTX "transferred" 10 billion to alameda
    Im not surecthe #s but heres what I read:

Enron is often seen as the gold standard for corporate fraud, malfeasance, and complacency, with the scandal leading to the largest bankruptcy reorganisation so far in U.S. history.

The Enron scandal triggered a wave of regulatory reform, culminating in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and changes to the NYSE and NASDAQ listing rules.

In the bankruptcy pe ion for FTX over the FTX collapse, the new CEO shredded FTX, Alameda, and FTX’s former management team. Tellingly, he states:

“Never in my career have I seen such a complete failure of corporate controls and such a complete absence of trustworthy financial information as occurred here”

This came from the CEO who oversaw Enron’s bankruptcy.

And it gets worse. It has been revealed that the former CEO (Sam Bankman-Fried, or SBF for short) treated FTX as a ‘personal fiefdom’. FTX money seemed to go to buy property in individuals’ personal names. This involves at least 19 properties in the Bahamas – where FTX is headquartered – worth at least $121 million.

And the contagion has spread. Indeed, even Australian en ies – such as Digital Surge – are impacted, having to pause withdrawals. Celebrities are under scrutiny for promoting FTX, and CEOs, like billionaire Elon Musk, are coming out of the woodwork to tell us they knew all along.

https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/bu...tx-worse-enron

Read a bunch of articles like this. And this is just starting. The contagion will continue for a while who knows how much $ will be gone. All $ that was misused.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a currency.

Crypto could be a currency. But people are NOT USING it like a currency by my understanding.
    LTC, for example, is accepted in many places, BTC is also accepted, for payment of goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So none of that says the numbers are bigger than Enron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not surecthe #s but heres what I read:

Enron is often seen as the gold standard for corporate fraud, malfeasance, and complacency, with the scandal leading to the largest bankruptcy reorganisation so far in U.S. history.

The Enron scandal triggered a wave of regulatory reform, culminating in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and changes to the NYSE and NASDAQ listing rules.

In the bankruptcy pe ion for FTX over the FTX collapse, the new CEO shredded FTX, Alameda, and FTX’s former management team. Tellingly, he states:

“Never in my career have I seen such a complete failure of corporate controls and such a complete absence of trustworthy financial information as occurred here”

This came from the CEO who oversaw Enron’s bankruptcy.

And it gets worse. It has been revealed that the former CEO (Sam Bankman-Fried, or SBF for short) treated FTX as a ‘personal fiefdom’. FTX money seemed to go to buy property in individuals’ personal names. This involves at least 19 properties in the Bahamas – where FTX is headquartered – worth at least $121 million.

And the contagion has spread. Indeed, even Australian en ies – such as Digital Surge – are impacted, having to pause withdrawals. Celebrities are under scrutiny for promoting FTX, and CEOs, like billionaire Elon Musk, are coming out of the woodwork to tell us they knew all along.

https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/bu...tx-worse-enron

Read a bunch of articles like this. And this is just starting. The contagion will continue for a while who knows how much $ will be gone. All $ that was misused.
    The University of New South Wales is your go-to news source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, conspiracy theorists are always such dumbasses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So none of that says the numbers are bigger than Enron
    Yeah this is a nothingburger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin back to 18k

hold!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin back to 18k

hold!
    What was it worth when you bought your last coin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was it worth when you bought your last coin?
    #1 I dont remember
    #2 thats private information
    #3 its none of your ing business

HOLD!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin back to 18k

hold!
    You were bragging you owned 7 coins when they were worth about $45k each. So you didn't sell any and lost quite a bit of value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 I dont remember
    #2 thats private information
    #3 its none of your ing business

HOLD!!!!
    You explicitly told us when you bought at least twice. You also told us how many coins you owned.

Why are you so reluctant to brag about your holdings now?

Thread Information