Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people don’t understand it. From the outside it looks like a scam because it kind of is.

You have to literally keep mining it to maintain its glory as it were. Unless you’re loaded like Musk and Cuban, this isn’t an effective money maker for the average person. If the value drops which happens weekly, they’re not going to feel the lost like you and I would.
    My buddy this past yr went from $1400 in doge to $106000, back down to $60,000, and now I have no idea but he won't pull his money out which is ridiculous. Last time he showed me his portfolio was months ago so I wonder where it's at now.

Either way anything computational is also hackable and controlled by governments no matter how hard yall try to convince me otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people don’t understand it. From the outside it looks like a scam because it kind of is.

You have to literally keep mining it to maintain its glory as it were. Unless you’re loaded like Musk and Cuban, this isn’t an effective money maker for the average person. If the value drops which happens weekly, they’re not going to feel the lost like you and I would.
    All these copycat coins (doge, etc) are just copycats. If someone is stupid enough to "invest" in a dog coin then this stupid will probably blow that money on something else

I mainly talking about the bigdog. Bitcoin. Ethereum is also decent as it brings cool features.that bitcoin doesnt. The rest are trash I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My buddy this past yr went from $1400 in doge to $106000, back down to $60,000, and now I have no idea but he won't pull his money out which is ridiculous. Last time he showed me his portfolio was months ago so I wonder where it's at now.

Either way anything computational is also hackable and controlled by governments no matter how hard yall try to convince me otherwise.
    Bitcoin and ethereum are not "hackable" save those 2 scenarios I described (getting private key sitting on a server or tricking someone to send coins to their account)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin and ethereum are not "hackable" save those 2 scenarios I described (getting private key sitting on a server or tricking someone to send coins to their account)
    If they haven't been hacked yet they will in the future. Everything is hackable that's computational.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they haven't been hacked yet they will in the future. Everything is hackable that's computational.
    You need a quantum computer to hack it (theoretically)

Those havent really been invented yet. I believe the bitcoin devs are already working on next gen encryption that even the quantum computers wont be able to touch.

So yes. I truly believe crypto when built correctly is unhackable.

But I also agree anything is possible in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater with some truth nukes in this thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from the hacks, hasn't the IRS seized billions in BTC?
    I recently read a headline where someone in the IRS called seizing btc a "side-hustle" for the gov, doesn't sound au ious to me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all a scam. You can make your own ing coins.
    $600M stolen this week.

keep your coins on a hardware wallet chez vous, and disconnected from Internet until needed

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater with some truth nukes in this thread
    Oh yeah this is going to be great for our electrical grid once the mining farms move here after China cracked down on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from the hacks, hasn't the IRS seized billions in BTC?
    I recently read a headline where someone in the IRS called seizing btc a "side-hustle" for the gov, doesn't sound au ious to me
    Well if you keep your crypto coins in accounts managed by central exchanges like Coinbase. Then yeah the government can do whatever the they want. I read thats what happened here.

You want to move those coins immediately to a private wallet. Then its impenetrable. Of course if u really a bad guy government can hack it by obtaining your password which most ppl have saved somewhere in their pcs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah this is going to be great for our electrical grid once the mining farms move here after China cracked down on them.
    US datacenters already take about 10% of US electricity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh complaining about the use of electricity it takes to mine coins is kinda silly, considering how much energy it takes to run the hundreds of thousands banks and other financial centers in the US.

DeFi is the future. Ethereum is front and center. i'll remember to bump this thread when I'm in ETH millionaire in 5 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and i'd also argue that saying it makes currency out of nothing isnt exactly true. and even if it were, how is that any different than fiat currency, which is literally just printed money thats only worth something because people believe it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol a.gamer complaining about wasting electricity .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh complaining about the use of electricity it takes to mine coins is kinda silly, considering how much energy it takes to run the hundreds of thousands banks and other financial centers in the US.

DeFi is the future. Ethereum is front and center. i'll remember to bump this thread when I'm in ETH millionaire in 5 years
    Are banks designed to explicitly consume more electricity over time? Because with Moore's Law long dead, cryptocurrency is designed to keep consuming more power as mining gets more difficult over time. Also banks provide services for a real currency I can go spend anywhere and that has a relatively stable value.

Lol a.gamer complaining about wasting electricity .
    Oh yeah me playing my PS5 for three hours is the exact same as some bag with a warehouse of RTX 3080 and RX 5700 XT running balls to the wall 24 hours a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ETH
    BTC
    MATIC
    ADA
    VET
    SHIB
    DOGE
    STELLAR LUMENS(Coinbase card reward)

is what I own at the moment. Looking to get some SUSHI and AAVE next

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cryp s are so funny.

"democratize money! deregulation! no taxes!"

then their magic internet money is stolen...

" help me FTC i was hacked "

it's sad to see the middle and lower class being taken advantage of by a few foreign whales. just wait until all that american wealth is transferred out of the country once it is regulated.

i much prefer to trade derivatives and leverage rates...and i don't mind paying capital gains because it means i'm doing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice rant bro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll remember to bump this thread when I'm in ETH millionaire in 5 years
    Bold move. This has 2 endings. Either you'll hit and get lucky or you will lose it all. Either way is gambling right now.

But I wish you the former obviously, you're a good guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold move. This has 2 endings. Either you'll hit and get lucky or you will lose it all. Either way is gambling right now.

But I wish you the former obviously, you're a good guy.
    Thanks brah. I've only invested what I'm willing to part with so it's a low risk/high reward tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah me playing my PS5 for three hours is the exact same as some bag with a warehouse of RTX 3080 and RX 5700 XT running balls to the wall 24 hours a day.
    3 hours

You mean 30 hours niga. That plus your 3x30+ inch monitors and 100w speakers you basically a one man mining operation

Its hilarious that a hardcore gamer es about someone rigging up a few graphics cards to make a buck

Hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cryp s are so funny.

"democratize money! deregulation! no taxes!"

then their magic internet money is stolen...

" help me FTC i was hacked "

it's sad to see the middle and lower class being taken advantage of by a few foreign whales. just wait until all that american wealth is transferred out of the country once it is regulated.

i much prefer to trade derivatives and leverage rates...and i don't mind paying capital gains because it means i'm doing well.
    Yet you are compelled to post here

jealous much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks brah. I've only invested what I'm willing to part with so it's a low risk/high reward tbh

Only a complete moron would invest their life savings into the roulette that is crypto coins

Thread Information