San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SEC are evil demons who need to GTFO out trying to extort the crypto world for their own gain.

Bogus lawsuit vs Ripple needs to be thrown out ASAP.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mouthpiece slurping Steph Curry jinxed the rally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gensler telegraphs the punch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gensler telegraphs the punch

They have no jurisdiction. Besides the large american exchanges of course.

All they will be able to regulate is those. The large exchanges. Everything else will still be the wild west

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone with IOTA?

Iota.org

Pretty cool . Not a blockchain but a Directed Acylic Graph. So no long time to approve transactions and more importantly. no fees

Getting me a bunch of Iotas this could be the future.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone believe in this bull ? It's supposed to be a currency but its transactions are almost all speculation as opposed to transactions where you actually buy with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone believe in this bull ? It's supposed to be a currency but its transactions are almost all speculation as opposed to transactions where you actually buy with it.
    It’s a new unregulated space to do pump and dump and separate the fool from their money. Free country though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh it is mostly speculation. So is ethereum tbqh.

Doesnt mean it has no use or no value. If it has a use it has a value. Thus cryptocurrencies do have value in the end. Why? Its a safe, free from regulation, unmodifiable payment system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far easier way to move money, especially globally.
    Ass SEC sees it's corruption fund drying up thus is heavily schemeing.
    If we can't regulate it we can't get bribe and skim money.

Walmart and Ripple partners working together on a new money transfer marketplace - Coinnounce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus with bitcoin its sooo easy to connect to the blockchain and pay ANYONE in the world securely.

You can download your own local node too for security. Have your own wallet. Takes maybe 1 hr to set up and now you can pay ANYONE in the world in minutes. Its secure and anonymous and transactions are engraved for eternity.

No need to setup bank acct, exchange rates or bothersome taxation/regulation.

There are the fees tho which are a (ethereum is even more $) but you set the fee. Like a tip. The miners can either take them or not.

Thats maybe why the Iota Tangle is the answer. No fees, no mining, instantaneous transactions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the etheruem block chain goes way beyond just its currency. most sh** coins are trash but there are a few that actually have utility. given how the development of smart contracts on the block chain, the emergence of NFTs, DeFi, etc, ETH is one of the few coins that is a solid investment.

Hate on it all you want tbh im sure the guys that held bitcoin 10 years ago got made fun of too, and now i doubt they give two sh**s if someone thinks its a scam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the etheruem block chain goes way beyond just its currency. most sh** coins are trash but there are a few that actually have utility. given how the development of smart contracts on the block chain, the emergence of NFTs, DeFi, etc, ETH is one of the few coins that is a solid investment.

Hate on it all you want tbh im sure the guys that held bitcoin 10 years ago got made fun of too, and now i doubt they give two sh**s if someone thinks its a scam
    The more I learn about bitcoin (and Ive been developing in the blockchain for a while) the more I think its a wasteful pig. But its still most likely the most revolutionary invention since maybe the internet. Its so.clean simple and secure

Ethereum is great and a great addition but I am seeing the big corporations jumping on it which is never a good sign IMO also Ethereum GAS is soooo expensive. Why?? Greed I guess.

The people that say "crypto is a scam and sucks" just have no idea what they are talking about. But the people that say "ill get rich with this" also are morons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's a currency why is it not used much as one? It's ing tulip bulbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says its a currency? Its a payment system. A ledger where someone send you a transaction with coins and you can create a new transaction to someone else or many people.

Ideally tbqh once you have butcoin it stays bitcoins and you can pay ppl.and it never gets converted to $

Bitcoin is working flawlesly as designed. Its the greedy and idiots who think they can somehow make a fortune of $ from it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If people can't explain crypto in a few sentences, it's not going to be widely accepted as currency (excuse me, payment system) anytime soon. I can understand the excitement among the wonks, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says its a currency? Its a payment system. A ledger where someone send you a transaction with coins and you can create a new transaction to someone else or many people.

Ideally tbqh once you have butcoin it stays bitcoins and you can pay ppl.and it never gets converted to $

Bitcoin is working flawlesly as designed. Its the greedy and idiots who think they can somehow make a fortune of $ from it.
    If it's a payment system why are its transactions almost entirely speculating on it instead of actually paying for goods and services?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's a payment system why are its transactions almost entirely speculating on it instead of actually paying for goods and services?
    Huh??? millions of ppl already paying for goods and services with bitcoin. Every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has the pluses of unregulated currency (easy to hide income for taxing, for example) but the minuses of it as well (money laundering, rampant fraud, illicit goods, etc).

And you need to understand where you're putting your money into as well. ie: Bitcoin has one particular flaw that if somebody controls 45+% of the network, they can break the work-as-proof system and basically siphon and create money.

This nearly happened once, so it's not some arcane possibility. But, again, if you do your homework like you should be doing with any financial instrument, then these are risks you factor in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has the pluses of unregulated currency (easy to hide income for taxing, for example) but the minuses of it as well (money laundering, rampant fraud, illicit goods, etc).

And you need to understand where you're putting your money into as well. ie: Bitcoin has one particular flaw that if somebody controls 45+% of the network, they can break the work-as-proof system and basically siphon and create money.

This nearly happened once, so it's not some arcane possibility. But, again, if you do your homework like you should be doing with any financial instrument, then these are risks you factor in.
    Its 51% and its just not profitable to do that. It would cost billions of $ for a guy or group to do this attack. And they would be able to do only limited things (like reverse their own transactions) and for a limited time.

No they would not be able to create money.

Its just not worth it. Sure USA or China could do this but why would they spend so much $ and computing power just to hurt bitcoin value? That money and microprocessor power can be much more useful for China/USA invested in AI.

IMO the one thing that will hurt bitcoin is human greed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its 51% and its just not profitable to do that. It would cost billions of $ for a guy or group to do this attack. And they would be able to do only limited things (like reverse their own transactions) and for a limited time.

No they would not be able to create money.

Its just not worth it. Sure USA or China could do this but why would they spend so much $ and computing power just to hurt bitcoin value? That money and microprocessor power can be much more useful for China/USA invested in AI.

IMO the one thing that will hurt bitcoin is human greed.
    I'm not criticizing Bitcoin in particular, or anything like that. Just pointing out that you need to understand where are you putting your money, and what protections are available to you.

This is not specific to crypto currencies, it applies to almost every currency or financial instrument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not criticizing Bitcoin in particular, or anything like that. Just pointing out that you need to understand where are you putting your money, and what protections are available to you.

This is not specific to crypto currencies, it applies to almost every currency or financial instrument.
    Nothing wrong w criticizinv bitcoin tbqh

As I said its kinda of a slow pig. Transactions could take dozens of minutes. It uses up so much power and cpu and most is completely wasted as miners race to a POW and only 1 wins. The rest wasted all that effort. And fees are becoming expensive so is running a miner.

But its flaws might be its strengths too. As the wasteful CPU prevents countries/corporations from taking over. And the delay in transactions might be useful in some cases. Who knows

Thread Information