Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh noooooooooooz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been playing 2K with Wembanyama on the Spurs and he truly is a game changer. He has so much size and length that he can alter shots at the rim even when he gets beat by his man. And with his 7"3 frame, he can dunk the ball at the rim with only a slight jump. He's the perfect roll man or trailing big on the break.

A lineup of Wembanyama-Sochan-Johnson-Vassell-Jones was able to beat the Lakers at Staples, even when Kyrie was added to their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was expected, even without being injured he wasn’t sure to go, too young and too fragile. The fact is that he’s really often injured, this is definitely a concern for his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am off the Wemba fan club he just got to many Red flags and being 7'5 with his body he won't last long in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These games are criticized here in France, he’s clearly doing that to promote himself while his team will have started its season. Not a very good way to help the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am off the Wemba fan club he just got to many Red flags and being 7'5 with his body he won't last long in the NBA.
    We’ll see that, he’s damn good for his size, dribbling like a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected to be off the Wemb band waggon after Chet snapped.

But that was a total re play by Chet. Sure, could have been injured later in another NBA game. But Chet was fine all summer. Backing up, trying to make a hero block in a meaningless game vs Lebron. Really really bad judgement.

So my Q is can these super tall talented twigs be taught to limit liability to injury?
    I say yes they can.
    Did OKC emphasis this to Chet and rather Chet just did not apply the advice? Don't think we'll know for years when it won't to Chet and he can talk about it. Ditto OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert was just a little smaller in dimensions when he was drafted. Utah put him in the weight room and the gleague for a bit to build him up for the NBA. He played less than 450 minutes as a rook. Gobert was worth waiting for, becoming a 4 time All NBA selection, and he didn’t have guard skills to pair with his center skills.

There will never be another Tim or David who will step in and elevate your team 35-36 games. That’s just nothappening again. Even the top picks will have a development curve. If you understand that, Wemby becomes the obvious choice. Scoot might be more NBA ready now, but I don’t see any chance of him becoming a dominant player on oth sides of the ball. Even if he doesn’t hit his ceiling, a bad outcome for Wemby is Gobert, a defensive monster with rim runner skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Scoot hits a growth Spirt (he's 18 so it's still very possible) I would put him ahead of Wemb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Wembanyama is likely to have durability issues and may not last that long, but skilled size will always rule this sport. You don't pass it up for a small guard (even though he's long and strong enough as is to not be a physical liability defensively, it's highly unlikely he has a significant growth spurt at this point) with a shaky jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Wembanyama is likely to have durability issues and may not last that long, but skilled size will always rule this sport. You don't pass it up for a small guard (even though he's long and strong enough as is to not be a physical liability defensively, it's highly unlikely he has a significant growth spurt at this point) with a shaky jumper.
    Work on your sentence structure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Work on your sentence structure.
    Playing grammar police because I put the kibosh on another terrible take of yours.

Let me guess, Collins and Kleber are both big, white guys with similar precious counting stats, so what's the difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing grammar police because I put the kibosh on another terrible take of yours.

Let me guess, Collins and Kleber are both big, white guys with similar precious counting stats, so what's the difference?
    I love how you make everything about race when you are clearly a middle aged asian.
    Yellow M&M is so representative.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how you make everything about race when you are clearly a middle aged asian.
    I make "everything" about calling out peoples ignorance and I'm neither middle aged nor Asian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. You make a lot of weird assumptions.
    Pretty funny!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. You make a lot of weird assumptions.
    Pretty funny!
    and you add zero to the conversation. Seldom make basketball takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and you add zero to the conversation. Seldom make basketball takes.
    Lol. So defensive! Which is the norm for you.
    No worries. Carry on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes body type is unlike no other ever seen in the NBA... Wouldnt be suprised if injury prone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert was just a little smaller in dimensions when he was drafted. Utah put him in the weight room and the gleague for a bit to build him up for the NBA. He played less than 450 minutes as a rook. Gobert was worth waiting for, becoming a 4 time All NBA selection, and he didn’t have guard skills to pair with his center skills.

There will never be another Tim or David who will step in and elevate your team 35-36 games. That’s just nothappening again. Even the top picks will have a development curve. If you understand that, Wemby becomes the obvious choice. Scoot might be more NBA ready now, but I don’t see any chance of him becoming a dominant player on oth sides of the ball. Even if he doesn’t hit his ceiling, a bad outcome for Wemby is Gobert, a defensive monster with rim runner skills.
    The thing is Gobert wasn’t as expected as Wembanyama, so Utah could hide him during his rookie season. Victor is a phenomenon everyone is craving for, the team that will get him won’t have the luxury to keep him under the radar like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is Gobert wasn’t as expected as Wembanyama, so Utah could hide him during his rookie season. Victor is a phenomenon everyone is craving for, the team that will get him won’t have the luxury to keep him under the radar like that.
    He’s going to need a year of body building and development. Any team that doesn’t do that is asking for what they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not banking on VW (I’ll be over the moon if we even get a top 5 pick this up coming draft) but the beauty of winning the VW sweepstakes as Ex alluded to is you can take your time developing him, let him grow into his body / build it up and still be a bottom of the league team. We need a solid 2-3 years of picking in the early lottery for the rebuild to gain traction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s going to need a year of body building and development. Any team that doesn’t do that is asking for what they get.
    I feel like we said the same thing about Murray and Johnson and Samanic and Primo...

I know Tim Duncans don't grow on trees....but if we are lucky enough to get a #1 pick, I'd have concerns spending it on a project even if it is one like Wemby. Sometimes projects don't pan out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a loaded question. If Victor Wemby stays injury free, He's more than likely the #1 pick. That being said how many players and draft picks/future picks is he worth in a trade, or is he so valuable that players and picks wouldn't be enough to sway anyone ?

Thread Information