Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a miserable season for 14% chance to get him.

Say, cut that in half to 7% he becomes an All Star or better player.

Cut that in half again to 3.5% he'll stay with the team or lead us to a chip.

Um. Yay?

Not into tanking....sorry.
    Have you seen the team the last 10 games or so? What are you into?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is going to break the league. He’s going to be a NBA sea change along the lines of Curry. The best analogy I’ve seen is the love child of KG and Giannis. 14% chance of our 3rd HOF big man, and multiple chips. He’s the real deal. Multiple outlets say he’s a better draft prospect than LeBron was in 2003. I’m never team tank…except this year.
    What will be the next step if the Spurs get only the fifth or even seventh pick in the draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will be the next step if the Spurs get only the fifth or even seventh pick in the draft?
    Be bad again, just like every other rebuilding team in history. It's also possible, while unlikely, you strike gold with a pick like this too - there are some very good players who could be available in the 5-7 range - Brandon Miller, Keyonte George, Nick Smith, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really matter right? Don't the bottom 4 teams all have the same odds for the #1 pick regardless of record.
    Not quite
    1 14.0%
    2 14.0%
    3 14.0%
    4 12.5%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be bad again, just like every other rebuilding team in history. It's also possible, while unlikely, you strike gold with a pick like this too - there are some very good players who could be available in the 5-7 range - Brandon Miller, Keyonte George, Nick Smith, etc.
    I can’t see them being a Houston or a Detroit. We’ll be at the nine years and counting down to the expiration of the arena deal. We need to be a decent playoff team, not necessarily a contender, by the time a vote comes up for a new arena.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the Lakers reportedly made a solid trade offer to them, only to get rejected." ..."solid".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open question: say we end up with the #1 pick, and we're set to land Wemby. Are there any scenarios under which you'd be willing to give up the pick? Or would you keep it no matter what? For me, say Orlando has #2 and they offer a swap and throw in Banchero, Would you consider that? I would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. If they get the #1 then they won't trade it for anything and shouldn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open question: say we end up with the #1 pick, and we're set to land Wemby. Are there any scenarios under which you'd be willing to give up the pick? Or would you keep it no matter what? For me, say Orlando has #2 and they offer a swap and throw in Banchero, Would you consider that? I would.
    With no hesitation…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is considered the best prospect since James, if not the best prospect ever, there is no way you trade his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is considered the best prospect since James, if not the best prospect ever, there is no way you trade his ass.
    I'm aboard the Wemby bandwagon, but I think it'd be interesting to see just how far it goes, because some crazy proposals are going to be on the table if we land no. 1. For the record, I don't think the FO would trade his rights for practically anything, but for something like that (Banchero + Scoot + maybe something else) you'd have to at least listen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Worst net, offense and defense . Tank is looking good tbh.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop at work. Tanking but others will thought Spurs are not tanking due to the early strong start left an impression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting the #1 pick would bring this forum back from the dead imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Worst net, offense and defense . Tank is looking good tbh.
    This chart makes me happy-- I put $100 on New Orleans at the beginning of the year at +4000 odds. They're still a long shot at this point, but it sure makes the regular season more interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a Duncan level NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting the #1 pick would bring this forum back from the dead imo
    "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a Duncan level NO.
    That's the most comparable case, yes. But Boston's offer was #3 + #6 for #1 (Duncan), the scenario I was talking about was something ridiculous... Banchero (#1) + Scoot (could be #1 in lots of drafts) wouldn't be anything to scoff at. More than anything, I'm anticipating the crazy offers whomever lands #1 will get for Wemby... and I don't think it's a binary answer... at some point, if someone is crazy enough to offer anything, you have to think about it... I'm just trying to figure out where that line lies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tall skinny guys like Wemby scare me a bit especially with so many of them having injury problems. I'd trade him for like 5 future picks (all non protected) and a decent player or two, whomever bids the absolute highest. It could be one of the biggest NBA trades ever.

There is a history of #1 picks bolting for greener pastures, and in this case we' could still have a pick or two before he left. I know that sounds a bit of a pessimistic , but I'm just looking at history. In today's NBA, top players and even not so great players want absolute top money and I'm just not sure the spurs would be willing to pay a player many many millions per season after his first contract ends. Again this the modern NBA we're talking about.

Who knows what will happen but we have to be real bad and get real lucky first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can get Banchero AND the #2 pick to use on Scoot then you have to make that deal. It really sets our roster going forward. We have our PG of the future, PF of the future, jak at C along with KJ and Vassell to round out our wings. That’s a very good team going forward. Add in some solid vets and that is a championship contender.

I love everything about Victor and his game except that he is 7’4. He’s just gonna get injured. It’s what people his size end up doing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the most comparable case, yes. But Boston's offer was #3 + #6 for #1 (Duncan), the scenario I was talking about was something ridiculous... Banchero (#1) + Scoot (could be #1 in lots of drafts) wouldn't be anything to scoff at. More than anything, I'm anticipating the crazy offers whomever lands #1 will get for Wemby... and I don't think it's a binary answer... at some point, if someone is crazy enough to offer anything, you have to think about it... I'm just trying to figure out where that line lies.
    I don't take that deal...If we landed the #2 pick and Orlando has #3 or #4 I'd trade our #2 (Scoot) for Banchero and there pick but there's nobody I'd trade Wembanyama for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit question... is this kid done growing? There has been a lot of speculation as to his ability to stay healthy at his current height and frame... but he is still a teenager. I'd be even more concerned if he has like 3 more inches of growth in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby for Scoot + Banchero + an assortment of unprotected future picks and you have a deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby for Scoot + Banchero + an assortment of unprotected future picks and you have a deal.
    With Orlando’s ability to screw things up you’d have to really consider that.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot and Banchero is a solid upgrade to the roster.

Thread Information