Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are basically 4 teams fighting hard for that bottom 4, and spurs are best of them so far...

So yeah, you tank, you suck. All the time... Those 3 other ones are badly sucking too, while Orlando or OKC a few games above (I'll leave LA on the side) are showing just enough of the compe iveness and intensity some people here are waiting for to win more games...

Would the spurs play a bit better, they would win a bit more... We joke about it in game threads but you can't expect players to compete the whole game then drop it at the end, or calculate how good they should play to be good, but not to good so they still lose. that doesn't work like that... It's whole tanking dynamics and atmosphere. The NBA is such a compte ive league that just a tad less of intensity and cohesion (eventually due to a coach choices) and you're punished.
    Last edited by JPB; 01-15-2023 at 11:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To that, I 'll also add that I'll never really been a pro-tank guy, but since that's the path spurs chose to take, might as well go all in and badly suck...You can still individually develop players in or outside of the games, which is what is happening...

There's no point risking missing on a gem (Victor, Scoot or maybe some other guy) because of the 3-5 more games being worry of putting a decent product on the floor might cost you... I understand fans frustration but nobody will remember or care about this year if Spurs indeed get a gem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the Wins over Rockets (twice) and Detroit that is so dumbfounding, where I think Rockets was up on the 3rd quarter and conveniently pulled Sengun to nosedive and lose the game?? I’m sure it’s against every nature of Pop’s DNA to deliberately throw for not playing the right way, then play Barlow, Blake, Bassey. Two can tango.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need the trade deals for Richardson, Poeltl and McDermott to manifest now. Waiting until the deadline is playing with fire. Now that Wesley is back as the second PG and Malaki has come on offensively, hopefully they feel better about dealing Richardson and McDermott respectively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need the trade deals for Richardson, Poeltl and McDermott to manifest now. Waiting until the deadline is playing with fire. Now that Wesley is back as the second PG and Malaki has come on offensively, hopefully they feel better about dealing Richardson and McDermott respectively.
    All 3 have been helping their value lately. I’d say McDermott has surpassed Richardson as an attractive acquisition for a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m okay with dealing all 3 if they’re helping with the senseless wins. Spurs need to outtank Houston, Magic and Hornets who have more recent top picks yet still with worst records. They’re not the only one who can play the game. And if Spurs are tanking, just do it the right way and not adding to the odds on missing out on top picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All 3 have been helping their value lately. I’d say McDermott has surpassed Richardson as an attractive acquisition for a contender.
    Nah. JRich actually plays defense, which is pretty important for contenders going deep in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would seriously explore sending Richardson to Memphis for Danny Green. At no other time would that make sense, but this year it does.

The salaries are close. Danny at 10M, Richardson at 12M. Both expiring. Should be easy enough to work out. Maybe try to wangle a 2nd round pick for the Spurs. Of course the main thing is the highest possible draft pick this year, in the 1st round, so an additional pick from this deal would be rather trivial and nothing to worry about.

Danny isn’t going to do much, if anything, for the Grizz. Richardson could do them some good. The Grizz should like that.

And if Danny doesn’t do anything on the court for the Spurs, that’s fine. Not a problem this season. Even better, he would not take playing time away from the kids.

Danny knows a lot about the NBA so he could help mentor the youngsters. That could be stated as the reason for wanting him back. Then, as I recall, Danny was good with the media, too.

Sound reasonable to anybody else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would seriously explore sending Richardson to Memphis for Danny Green. At no other time would that make sense, but this year it does.

The salaries are close. Danny at 10M, Richardson at 12M. Both expiring. Should be easy enough to work out. Maybe try to wangle a 2nd round pick for the Spurs. Of course the main thing is the highest possible draft pick this year, in the 1st round, so an additional pick from this deal would be rather trivial and nothing to worry about.

Danny isn’t going to do much, if anything, for the Grizz. Richardson could do them some good. The Grizz should like that.

And if Danny doesn’t do anything on the court for the Spurs, that’s fine. Not a problem this season. Even better, he would not take playing time away from the kids.

Danny knows a lot about the NBA so he could help mentor the youngsters. That could be stated as the reason for wanting him back. Then, as I recall, Danny was good with the media, too.

Not unreasonable at all. Spurs are looking to rebuild, so it's going to come down to picks, otherwise they should hold onto JR. Love to haver Danny back in town though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see us finishing any higher than 4th. OTOH, it’s going to be very difficult for teams behind us to catch up. We’re essentially 2.5 behind the big clump at 1-3, and 3 ahead of Orlando.
    I already know. A couple of those wins cost us. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already know. A couple of those wins cost us. SMH
    just lose baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobme Johnson leading the way again.

Keep featuring him in your offensive strategy Popped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobme Johnson leading the way again.

Keep featuring him in your offensive strategy Popped.
    Perfect tank commander. Thanks goodness that contract de-escalates. Dejounte crying in his dormitory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect tank commander. Thanks goodness that contract de-escalates. Dejounte crying in his dormitory.
    Ah, this white guy who tries so hard to act black is calling for my attention again. Do yourself a favor and find real purpose outside of trying to constantly feed your ego on this forum. Nobody cares about you watching NBA teams besides the Spurs when you barely ever have anything basketball related to contribute. Stick with your smartass comments or running away from people with your tail under your legs whenever you get called out. Those are the only two things you’re good at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reasonable to me. Bet Green would rather have a run at another ring so he might not like it.

But, it might make Pop start yelling at players again just having Green back. Maybe we'd stop haci g the worst defense again just on that alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, this white guy who tries so hard to act black is calling for my attention again. Do yourself a favor and find real purpose outside of trying to constantly feed your ego on this forum. Nobody cares about you watching NBA teams besides the Spurs when you barely ever have anything basketball related to contribute. Stick with your smartass comments or running away from people with your tail under your legs whenever you get called out. Those are the only two things you’re good at.
    I woke him out of his s boys and gals!! Only comes around on a 3 game win streak to pump his own tires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I woke him out of his s boys and gals!! Only comes around on a 3 game win streak to pump his own tires.
    Sooo not only we have Malibu’s Most Wanted with you, but apparently you also have a mind of a 10 year old who craves online cred. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooo not only we have Malibu’s Most Wanted with you, but apparently you also have a mind of a 10 year old who craves online cred. Got it.
    eng boys are so sensitive!! You should fraternize even when you are wrong baby girl. timvp can always change your moniker

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eng boys are so sensitive!! You should fraternize even when you are wrong baby girl. timvp can always change your moniker
    I’ve said before that the majority of your posts are simply looking to get a rise out of people because you’re a bit of a punk and .

You just can’t talk ball. You gotta it up and antagonize. Idk I think you got problems outside of the board that you need to address. The way you act here and communicate with people is disturbing and honestly kinda ty.

It’s like you got bullied in real life and needed to project that into escalating on a forum because it’s cathartic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should also keep an eye on his little brother Oscar Wembanyama for 3-4 years down the road. Right now he's 6'6" at 15 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Green is done, there is no upgrade in bringing him back. And considering the way Richardson plays these days, I really believe he can bring us a 1st round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is done, there is no upgrade in bringing him back. And considering the way Richardson plays these days, I really believe he can bring us a 1st round pick.

If they can get a 1st round pick for Richardson that is absolutely the way to go, no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should also keep an eye on his little brother Oscar Wembanyama for 3-4 years down the road. Right now he's 6'6" at 15 years old.
    Sweet. If we miss on his bro odds are we'll still be a very high lottery team in 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet. If we miss on his bro odds are we'll still be a very high lottery team in 4 years.
    That sounds really encouraging, thank you

On the other hand, it may come from one of the Hawks' picks... never mind, happy again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve said before that the majority of your posts are simply looking to get a rise out of people because you’re a bit of a punk and .

You just can’t talk ball. You gotta it up and antagonize. Idk I think you got problems outside of the board that you need to address. The way you act here and communicate with people is disturbing and honestly kinda ty.

It’s like you got bullied in real life and needed to project that into escalating on a forum because it’s cathartic.
    I should probaly stay away from this but for the sake of it, it is true there's a couple of guys here who don't come to really debate about spurs or care about others take but to systematically inveigh, aggress, insult, bully everybody and anybody, including anything spurs, just following the "you're all a bunch of dumbasses, I'm a ing genius' mantra..."

I tought we were past that nowadays, but since there's no point arguing with these kind of guys, the only answer is: "ignore button". Crazy how it cleans the chat.

Thread Information