Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have to wait to the end of the season to find out, if Richardson isn't traded by Feb. 9, then we're not 100% committed to the tank. Poeltl may or may not be traded though, stakes are higher with him so PATFO may want to keep him if they can't find a good enough return. But there should be no excuse not to move Richardson (for WHATEVER we can get).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a bad feeling we go on a late season winning streak like we had at the beginning of the year, especially if we solidify the roster with some moves at the deadline.

Romeo and Stanley are getting better. Sochan is becoming the man. Good games from Vassell and Johnson with those other guys will win us some games.

Also I'm not confident in Silver or the NBA wanting to land Wembanyama in SA even if f they'd weigh the scales anyway. And I feel like we have a curse over us since neph all over this franchise.
    I think Vassell is done for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. He just had a meniscus clean out. Unless there are complications, it’ll be 6-8 weeks from the surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a bad feeling we go on a late season winning streak like we had at the beginning of the year, especially if we solidify the roster with some moves at the deadline.

Romeo and Stanley are getting better. Sochan is becoming the man. Good games from Vassell and Johnson with those other guys will win us some games.

Also I'm not confident in Silver or the NBA wanting to land Wembanyama in SA even if f they'd weigh the scales anyway. And I feel like we have a curse over us since neph all over this franchise.
    Nope. This team gives pretty damn good effort every night, and yet we are where we are. There will be no late season kick. Last season was an experiment to see if DJ could be a cornerstone. He proved that the only place he could lead us was the play in game, even going all out. There is no experiment this year, just losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. This team gives pretty damn good effort every night, and yet we are where we are. There will be no late season kick. Last season was an experiment to see if DJ could be a cornerstone. He proved that the only place he could lead us was the play in game, even going all out. There is no experiment this year, just losing.
    I think the Spurs must try hard (and I guess they are doing so already) to get an unprotected FRP either in 2023 or near-abouts for Poeltl. I have always been in favour of retaining Jakob Poeltl, who in my opinion during the TD era, would have been a perfect complement to a superstar player. I am also in agreement with those who think that he could complement Wemby if he ever lands in San Antonio (fingers crossed). But the Spurs must be prepared for the eventuality that he might not and moving Poeltl for a good FRP this year (late lottery if we find a sucker, mid-FRP or even end-FRP) would be a good insurance policy. The Spurs, I think will eventually pick one of the Thompson twins if they dont land Wemby or Henderson.. Complementing that pick with a safe FRP will go a long way in moving the rebuilding process along.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doubt it.

The Spurs know they are in position to have the highest odds at Wemby and won't be adding players at the deadline to mess that up.
    I see the Spurs sitting players with minor injuries down the strech.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs must try hard (and I guess they are doing so already) to get an unprotected FRP either in 2023 or near-abouts for Poeltl. I have always been in favour of retaining Jakob Poeltl, who in my opinion during the TD era, would have been a perfect complement to a superstar player. I am also in agreement with those who think that he could complement Wemby if he ever lands in San Antonio (fingers crossed). But the Spurs must be prepared for the eventuality that he might not and moving Poeltl for a good FRP this year (late lottery if we find a sucker, mid-FRP or even end-FRP) would be a good insurance policy. The Spurs, I think will eventually pick one of the Thompson twins if they dont land Wemby or Henderson.. Complementing that pick with a safe FRP will go a long way in moving the rebuilding process along.
    Everyone wants to get another pick, but you can rule out anyone who is in the lottery, or close to the lottery, because no one is trading away even a potential Wemby golden ticket. There are like 10-12 teams that are.500 +/- 3 games that are straddling the lottery line. Most of the rest have already traded their picks. I’m not even sure this is a great draft to have another pick in, unless you have 1 and 2. It drops off a cliff after that, and is pretty much just another draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone wants to get another pick, but you can rule out anyone who is in the lottery, or close to the lottery, because no one is trading away even a potential Wemby golden ticket. There are like 10-12 teams that are.500 +/- 3 games that are straddling the lottery line. Most of the rest have already traded their picks. I’m not even sure this is a great draft to have another pick in, unless you have 1 and 2. It drops off a cliff after that, and is pretty much just another draft.
    I think there are a couple teams that might be willing to trade a lottery pick but, they won't be willing to do it until they know their draft position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. He just had a meniscus clean out. Unless there are complications, it’ll be 6-8 weeks from the surgery.
    I wasn’t talking about how serious the injury is, I just think they’ll put him in the fridge so guys like Langford or Branham can get some playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will believe it when i see it in the final month and especially final 2 weeks.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What can the Spurs get if they trade their first round draft pick this year? Three unprotected future first round picks and a player?

Play the odds that the Spurs won't land the first or second pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably right about this. there are only about 10 weeks left in the season and he'll need conditioning upon a return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna happen, but wonder what trades other teams could make that would actually be a good deal for both Wama drafter and Tradee team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a comment in regard to any particular musings, but you lay out a good case for why there could be an additional, top-2 protected FRP on the table this year from a team straddling the play-in line. If this is a weak draft outside of the top 2, you may prefer to trade it for a known commodity, while protecting yourself in the Wemby/Scoot chase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a comment in regard to any particular musings, but you lay out a good case for why there could be an additional, top-2 protected FRP on the table this year from a team straddling the play-in line. If this is a weak draft outside of the top 2, you may prefer to trade it for a known commodity, while protecting yourself in the Wemby/Scoot chase.
    I’m as much team Jak as anyone, but a top 2 protected pick is a massive overpay. The Spurs asking price was 2 FRPs, no protection limits stated. Indy currently has #24 and #30, and if they weren’t set at center, those would meet the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m as much team Jak as anyone, but a top 2 protected pick is a massive overpay. The Spurs asking price was 2 FRPs, no protection limits stated. Indy currently has #24 and #30, and if they weren’t set at center, those would meet the price.
    Forget Jak in the context of this discussion. It's only following logically with the cir stances you raised.

1. No team will want to trade away their lotto ticket at Wemby or Scoot (definitely true)
    2. There is a huge drop off after the top two, to take that further, you staded it may not be a great draft class to have another pick in (the second part is subjective, but let's roll with it)

A team who is on the cusp of the play-in who shares sentiment #2 might be willing to part with a top-2 (or top-4, or top-wherever the feel the cutoff for top talent is). That's going to be the Spurs only shot at another lotto pick, but as you mention that's a steep ask for Jak - Spurs might not have the ammo to pull that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically yes, but right now we have #33, at that point there's no much difference in value between that pick and a first projected at #30. #24 is better, but not overwhelmingly so. I think we should prioritize getting good picks over getting any pick. A far out unprotected pick would be ideal, or even a single pick projected to go 15-20 would be better than those 2 IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably right about this. there are only about 10 weeks left in the season and he'll need conditioning upon a return.

Please God

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons lost tonight and Rockets down 40 tonight in the 4th...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't agree with it being a weak class apart from #1 & #2. There is a drop off sure but there's still a lot of very good talents to be picked here. This year's a really good class. Me I really like Cason Wallace, he has great potential to be a top notch perimeter defender, he's currently #18 on nbadraft.net so if he falls that low or lower he could be a great second pick if we can get one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be fun watching Luka launch from midcourt to keep his step back 3 from being blocked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why but I’ve had a feeling for a while now that Wemby’s gonna be a Washington Wizard tbh. Hope I’m wrong obv but that’s what my guy’s telling me.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most exciting night of the season will be the NBA Draft Lottery night

Thread Information