Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1778
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not complaining at all.
    Merely asking, WTH is Charlotte doing winning?

Don't tell me the Mavs are tanking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not complaining at all.

Players dont tank. They play their hardest when on the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not complaining at all.

They are far from the third place and far from the fifth, so winning is the better way to end the season for them.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, after watching Brandon Miller and Jarace Walker today, picking 5, 6 or 7 doesn't seem like a huge deal, which is ultimately what is being decided if we finish 2nd or 3rd worst (odds at those spots).
    Still better to get the higher pick as it can open trade scenarios and also gives the higher pick in the 2nd round and it could make a difference in getting a player you want or not by not missing out by a pick or two.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players dont tank. They play their hardest when on the floor.
    But players can also get lazy and not put out a strong effort especially on defense if they know management wants no part of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, after watching Brandon Miller and Jarace Walker today, picking 5, 6 or 7 doesn't seem like a huge deal, which is ultimately what is being decided if we finish 2nd or 3rd worst (odds at those spots).
    I've been lightly suggesting for a while that the team wants Wemby, of course, but after missing him would be okay dropping down a bit. Still get a player they want while not being tied into a high salary structure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte beat the mavs again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte is doing the lords work, securing a top 3 pick for the Spurs as well as pouring tons of fuel on the ongoing Mavericks dumpster fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They help lakers too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte is doing the lords work, securing a top 3 pick for the Spurs as well as pouring tons of fuel on the ongoing Mavericks dumpster fire.
    and hopefully pushing for a playoff spot next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is unbelievable man - what an absolute train wreck. Luckily, magic number is 3 and Spurs have a tough matchup today. So should be 2 after this to officially cement this (its already a lock tho)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of now the spurs, Houston and Detroit have 8 games left. Don't think the pistons win anything much so they'll have the worst record. The spurs are going to continue to lose hoping that Houston somehow wins 1 game. If that happens, they'll both have 19 wins and its a coin flip for the 2nd worst record. No way the spurs try to win after that point. Sure they'll both have a 14 pct. chance of getting the top pick, but neither will fall below the 7th pick at worst and that's something to shoot for (sort of) . Not worried about passing Charlotte one bit.

At this point, it's pretty safe to say that the spurs will get the 3rd-7th pick, or if they are lucky the 2nd - 6th pick, or if the basketball gods really smile upon us, we land Wemby , Adam Silver has a stroke and Pop flashes that wicked evil simile as only he can. Its going to be an interesting next few weeks even for us bottom dwellers and then its on to the draft lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is unbelievable man - what an absolute train wreck. Luckily, magic number is 3 and Spurs have a tough matchup today. So should be 2 after this to officially cement this (its already a lock tho)
    Dallas fighting to keep their top 10 protected pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas fighting to keep their top 10 protected pick.
    Im not sure thats the case…why trade for Kyrie (and give up a first to do it) if you want to end up in lottery? I think they are trying to win but are just a disaster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not sure thats the case…why trade for Kyrie (and give up a first to do it) if you want to end up in lottery? I think they are trying to win but are just a disaster
    Possible, but not one play in team so far has won a PO series... They know they're not contending this year but can still luck (long shot) into Wemby or a top 3 pick... 2% is still 2%. Their pick becomes a SRP in 2 or 3 years I believe. Cuban might also anticipate Luka and Kyrie leaving now he've seen it's might not be not working (duh!) and then a rebuild where he'd keep that FPR.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-26-2023 at 06:42 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man they're securing a bottom three seed for the Spurs, giving them the best possible odds at a top 3 pick. But it's still only a 40.17% chance of picking in the top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of now the spurs, Houston and Detroit have 8 games left. Don't think the pistons win anything much so they'll have the worst record. The spurs are going to continue to lose hoping that Houston somehow wins 1 game. If that happens, they'll both have 19 wins and its a coin flip for the 2nd worst record. No way the spurs try to win after that point. Sure they'll both have a 14 pct. chance of getting the top pick, but neither will fall below the 7th pick at worst and that's something to shoot for (sort of) . Not worried about passing Charlotte one bit.
    It honestly doesn't make much difference whether the Spurs finish 2nd or 3rd. The expected value for the pick for the 2nd worst record is 3.86, while the expected value for the pick with the 3rd worst record is 4.06. Even Detroit's expected value for their pick is 3.66.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent game by Pop today.
    Doogie and Grahams combined 2-15 outstanding.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It honestly doesn't make much difference whether the Spurs finish 2nd or 3rd. The expected value for the pick for the 2nd worst record is 3.86, while the expected value for the pick with the 3rd worst record is 4.06. Even Detroit's expected value for their pick is 3.66.
    Better to get the higher 2nd round pick. Can make the difference in getting a better player. You must not play fantasy sports where you draft a team. Often you lose out on a targeted player by one or two picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possible, but not one play in team so far has won a PO series... They know they're not contending this year but can still luck (long shot) into Wemby or a top 3 pick... 2% is still 2%. Their pick becomes a SRP in 2 or 3 years I believe. Cuban might also anticipate Luka and Kyrie leaving now he've seen it's might not be not working (duh!) and then a rebuild where he'd keep that FPR.
    Definitely possible but would make the trade for Kyrie look amazingly silly sense they gave up a first…but honestly, if they wanted to blow it up Luka would command such a massive package it would not matter.

Like, I would trade #1 pick for Luka probably if Spurs landed it and Dallas made that offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man they're securing a bottom three seed for the Spurs, giving them the best possible odds at a top 3 pick. But it's still only a 40.17% chance of picking in the top 3.
    Ya - Spurs have to survive those picks 7, 6 & 5 still and it will be scary come time for those picks to be announced.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely possible but would make the trade for Kyrie look amazingly silly sense they gave up a first…but honestly, if they wanted to blow it up Luka would command such a massive package it would not matter.

Like, I would trade #1 pick for Luka probably if Spurs landed it and Dallas made that offer.
    I wouldn't trade Wemby for Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get both sides of the argument - I guess I would rephrase it that theres only a few players I would even entertain it for and Luka is one. Giannis is another. Not sure who else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would in a second if (and only if) Doncic wanted to be here. Which he probably wouldn't so I guess the argument is moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would in a second if (and only if) Doncic wanted to be here. Which he probably wouldn't so I guess the argument is moot.
    Yeah, the trade would have to come with an extension (which I'm not even sure he is eligible for).

Thread Information