Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1778
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people who put miller at 2 not realize that scoot Henderson had an amazing tourney run? Oh wait that didnt happen. And miller is saying he was injured. The virtue signaling fans need to STFU about Miller. Nobody knows what the spurs will do and the spurs haven't had a high pick in nearly forever (duncan was a lock).
    You realize that if Miller is a dip and interviews confirm this, that's MORE reason not to take him, right?

And 'virtue signaling' is like 'woke' -- just a phrase idiots use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that if Miller is a dip and interviews confirm this, that's MORE reason not to take him, right?

And 'virtue signaling' is like 'woke' -- just a phrase idiots use.
    Yes, but wish casting a future of miller folding in an interview is not analysis. Any competent agent will coach a top 10 prospect. Too much money is at stake. I say woke because people are arguing passing over miller for stupid pre textual reasons. If someone out plays miller and scoot at the combine so be it.

Historically bad tournaments do no hurt prospects. I assumed this was known.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 prospects historically do not participate in the combine. Scoot and Miller are unlikely to be part of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 prospects historically do not participate in the combine. Scoot and Miller are unlikely to be part of it.
    They used to get weighed and measured, but now they will usually just talk to a few teams in their draft range. Later lottery picks will get weighed and measured. Borderline firsts and solid or borderline seconds will workout, shoot and scrimmage in some combination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I'm rolling the dice on Wemby over a trade for Luka D but it has more to do with Luka being specifically Luka than the value exchange being debated. Luka is expensive, malcontented, physically a ticking time bomb, and not transcendent enough on the court for me. Wemby is a fresh start.

I'd be open to consider trading the Wemby pick for a different established superstar besides Luka though, just no actual player in the league right now that checks all my boxes to do the deal for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just played in the French Championship :

26pts (9/16 with 4/6 from deep), 10rbds, 3blks, 2assists

Here is an article (in French) with some highlights :

https://www.parlons-basket.com/2023/...uences-folles/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just played in the French Championship :

26pts (9/16 with 4/6 from deep), 10rbds, 3blks, 2assists

Here is an article (in French) with some highlights :

https://www.parlons-basket.com/2023/...uences-folles/
    And did it against grown ass men. Unlike Scoot. Which isn't to say Scoot can't or won't be good, but there's a significant difference in quality between those 2 leagues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And did it against grown ass men. Unlike Scoot. Which isn't to say Scoot can't or won't be good, but there's a significant difference in quality between those 2 leagues
    you've convinced me. i now think that with the #1 pick, i would take victor over scoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of a rash assumption. If you're looking at individual pick odds, the highest for the 3rd spot is #6 overall, at 26%. That might be the place to start if you're looking at one individual pick.
    Sorry, I’m no draftnik and don’t really pay much attention to draft odds and other stuff. Could you explain what you said? Not sure I’m tracking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millers stock def dropped after the tournament choker.

I don't want to think about anything else until the Wama fantasy is fulfilled -or not.
    Exactly. Before Bama got booted, it seemed like Miller was the consensus 3rd pick although he “making a push for 2”. The board was split on whether they want him for 3 (assuming that’s where the spurs end up picking) or if the spurs would even want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Miller or Amen/Ausar are out of the question. The team will dive deeply into them, give interviews, and so on. There's a contingent here that thinks they might try to trade down from that spot, but who knows.
    Yeah with the Spurs, seems like nothing is off the table based on how they’ve operated the past few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way I trade the #1 pick for Luka. If Wemby doesn't materialize as superstar, I live with it but no way I take the risk to miss out on a potential GOAT and see him in Dallas. Specially for a psychologivally unstable diva would actually didn't achieve anything so far in the NBA and whose bad shape will become an issue over time.

Gimme Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I’m no draftnik and don’t really pay much attention to draft odds and other stuff. Could you explain what you said? Not sure I’m tracking.
    https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Scroll down past the useless section with ties included, which isn't a real world scenario. The pre lottery position is the column on the left going downward. The pick odds are the row going to the right, next to each position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the spin job going on to protect the great white hope.

Didn't see the Trail Blazers finishing with the 5th worst record which now seems likely. In that case and given Lillard's loyalty and age, I could see them being handed Wembanyama. Either way, I get the sense they'll be moved into the top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the spin job going on to protect the great white hope.

Didn't see the Trail Blazers finishing with the 5th worst record which now seems likely. In that case and given Lillard's loyalty and age, I could see them being handed Wembanyama. Either way, I get the sense they'll be moved into the top 3.
    The NBA probably cares less about Portland than they do us.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too early to say who they’ll pick. Once they eventually do the combine they’ll watch them play and then pick the best player. Done!

Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you've convinced me. i now think that with the #1 pick, i would take victor over scoot
    Wasn't my point and you know this is disingenuous. I'm saying Scoot might not be worthy of that 2nd pick given his compe ion level is shyte in comparison to what a CLEAR #1 is doing against even better compe ion.

Despite the hard fall off in the tournament, Miller was putting up a fied season against very good SEC teams. Outside of any legal concerns, he might be tge wiser choice. That was my unspoken point that I gave the board the benefit of the doubt to pick up on. My apologies for granting that benefit to some here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA probably cares less about Portland than they do us.
    Yet they gave them Oden in '07 . . . before you bring up Robinson and Duncan, that was before the Spurs became what they were known as.

It's not so much about them though than it is the message it'd send if it'd vault them into championship contention briefly.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't my point and you know this is disingenuous. I'm saying Scoot might not be worthy of that 2nd pick given his compe ion level is shyte in comparison to what a CLEAR #1 is doing against even better compe ion.

Despite the hard fall off in the tournament, Miller was putting up a fied season against very good SEC teams. Outside of any legal concerns, he might be tge wiser choice. That was my unspoken point that I gave the board the benefit of the doubt to pick up on. My apologies for granting that benefit to some here
    I think the unspoken logic is that every single other person here is a moron, but the individual poster, obviously, is a genius. So yeah, giving people some credit for having any knowledge, definitely frowned upon!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And with the 5th overall pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select Jarace Grant, F from the University of Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good win Charlotte! Thanks for the try!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mission completed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Eurosport french version, the best franchise for Victor are:
    1- Portland
    2- Indiana
    3- Spurs
    4- Orlando

https://www.eurosport.fr/basketball/...93/story.shtml

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Portland
    2- Indiana
    3- Spurs
    4- Orlando

I just read it and the arguments for Portland are lame. They’re stuck with Lillard who seems like he doesn’t give a about being a contender. He took the money and looks happy like that. Indiana makes more sense with Haliburton, but just like the article states, neither Portland or Indiana will get him in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Portland
    2- Indiana
    3- Spurs
    4- Orlando

Any list that starts with Portland is garbage: cursed franchise, awful medical staff, Dame on the way out, score first guards... but they have Nike's headquarters? stupid choice. Orlando also seems like a weird fit, with Banchero and Wagner already on board... do they want Wemby to play center??? Whoever wrote that doesn't know sh!t.

Thread Information