Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a salary cap expert and was wondering does a team typically tank in season when they have a lot of cap space?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a salary cap expert and was wondering does a team typically tank in season when they have a lot of cap space?
    well usually you try to sell/rent out your cap space in exchange for picks to help facilitate trades. take on bad contracts, etc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know as long as we land a top 3 pick I’ll be Very Happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy looks tall, tiny and weird lol

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah happens every year. You can almost garuantee two of the consensus top 10 prospects as of now will end up as second round picks by next years draft.
    Decided to answer before looking up an answer, and chose only the first hit:

Bleacher Report | Way-Too-Early 2022 NBA Mock Draft
    Johnathan Wasserman, July 31, 2021

1) Chet Holmgren
    2) Paolo Banchero
    3) Jaden Hardy
    4) Yannick Nzosa
    5) Jalen Duren
    6) AJ Griffin
    7) Jabari Smith
    8) Caleb Houstan
    9) Patrick Baldwin, Jr.
    10) Matthew Cleveland

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming his body doesn't fail him, he's the next Jordan, LeBron.
    Lew Alcindor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Wembanyama injury history

Wembanyama has had several injuries in his young career. His season ended on June 3 after what’s been reported as a psoas injury. It was his third injury of the season. He also suffered a small fracture of his finger in Nov., and then had a stress fracture in his fibula that cost him two months starting to Dec.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with 7’5 guys is they’re almost ALL injury prone. This kid is a ridiculous prospect but I’d bet good money that he deals with a lot of injuries throughout his career. Wouldn’t be surprised if his career is cut short by them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (About Victor Wembanyama of France): "I don’t really give too many people credit, but I give credit to this guy right here. I thought I was tall, I thought I had long arms, but he takes it to a whole other level. He moves great. He’s got a shot. He’s got skills too. He’s gonna be a rich man one day. I know he’s gonna keep working. Hopefully I’ll be able to see him in the NBA and continue to play against him for a long time." - USA forward Chet Holmgren

https://www.fiba.basketball/es/world...a#tab=boxscore
    Final game USA vs France:
    Wembanyama: 22 pts, 8 reb, 9 blocks
    Holmgren: 10 pts, 5 reb., 5 asists, 0 blocks

Oh... Wembanyama is almost 2 years younger than Holmgren...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is somehow still listed at 7’2 but that’s obv a joke. He’s look a legit 7’5+. Here is is standing beside 7’4 Center Zach Edey from Purdue and 7’1 Chet Holmgren. This kid is massive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think you reach a size where it's not good for your body or the game as far as being able to stay healthy. I like the Kid but I agree he is going to be a walking band aid for his career.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot Henderson it is then.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness the injury frequency and severity tend to increase exponentially once players go over 7'2 in height. And every inch above that tends to increase it even more.

Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that VW is so long and skinny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama >>>>>>>> Ralph Sampson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best ability is availability right? The Spurs need to field the best team they can and compete. Tanking for dude is a losing proposition….. who knows, you still might get him later on down the road ( Ayton says hi ). We need to compete and let the chips fall were they may.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best ability is availability right? The Spurs need to field the best team they can and compete. Tanking for dude is a losing proposition….. who knows, you still might get him later on down the road ( Ayton says hi ). We need to compete and let the chips fall were they may.
    Agree. The chances of getting Wembanyama is still a long shot <<<< offering Max on Ayton. As mention, Ayton has a lot of upsides still at 23 yrs old and inline with our youth. It’s not responsible to not try to get Ayton at thus point.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably for the best if we get the second pick.

Super skinny and longer than God? Sounds like an injury waiting to happen. And he has already had leg injuries apparently. Of course, in passing on him, there is the potential of looking like you outsmarted yourself later.

I dunno, obviously, but to me he is a question, not a certainty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably for the best if we get the second pick.

Super skinny and longer than God? Sounds like an injury waiting to happen. And he has already had leg injuries apparently. Of course, in passing on him, there is the potential of looking like you outsmarted yourself later.

I dunno, obviously, but to me he is a question, not a certainty.

Nah, everyone wants this kid for a reason. He's potentally a top 5-10 player in history... He totally outplayed Chet, while 2 years younger...

There's always a risk, but you don't pass on a generational player and such an attraction because of potential injuries. You don't want to spend the following 15 years regretting and looking like fools... Look how NO supermaxed Zion who played 85 games in 3 years for them...

He's certainly gonna bulk up and work on what he physically needs to avoid injuries. There's no other kid behind him who would be worth passing on him. And he fails, so be it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, everyone wants this kid for a reason. He's potentally a top 5-10 player in history... He totally outplayed Chet, while 2 years younger...

There's always a risk, but you don't pass on a generational player and such an attraction because of potential injuries. You don't want to spend the following 15 years regretting and looking like fools... Look how NO supermaxed Zion who played 85 games in 3 years for them...

He's certainly gonna bulk up and work on what he physically needs to avoid injuries. There's no other kid behind him who would be worth passing on him. And he fails, so be it.
    sam bowie over mj?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^this. People refuse to acknowledge history

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor has been selected to the french team for Euro 2022.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think you reach a size where it's not good for your body or the game as far as being able to stay healthy. I like the Kid but I agree he is going to be a walking band aid for his career.
    No doubt he is a risk.

See how he holds up this year, if more leg injuries stay away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of really tall, but relatively skinny, players have had serious problems with their bone structure causing stress fractures and degenerative knee conditions. Bill Walton, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden, Yao Ming, Greg Daugherty, Ralph Sampson and the little known Johnathan Bender are some of many who had their career ended or limited in either time or skills domination .

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of really tall, but relatively skinny, players have had serious problems with their bone structure causing stress fractures and degenerative knee conditions. Bill Walton, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden, Yao Ming, Greg Daugherty, Ralph Sampson and the little known Johnathan Bender are some of many who had their career ended or limited in either time or skills domination .
    From what I remember, a lot of this can be blamed on the square-cube law. For example making someone 10% bigger in every dimension increases their mass by 33.1% but the surface area of their bones (which must support that mass) by only 21%. That means extremely tall people that do a lot of high-impact activities on a hard surface, like running and jumping in a basketball game, should be more prone to injuries like foot fractures than more normal-sized people.

Thread Information