Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Wembanyama, the next big thing, will join the draft in 2023. Euro/French player, currently in TP's ASVEL, he is for sure the target the Spurs must focus on.

Spurs have 2 years to tank guys. Discuss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake me up when the spurs are drafting in the top3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Wembanyama, the next big thing, will join the draft in 2023. Euro/French player, currently in TP's ASVEL, he is for sure the target the Spurs must focus on.

Spurs have 2 years to tank guys. Discuss.
    Supposedly this is Presti’s plan. He is looking to ac ulate as many 2023 picks as he can. He currently has 3 outright and a pick swap. He wants Victor badly. The Spurs should also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with a top 3 this FO would use it on a second rounder with potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a top prospect, but Chet Holmgren is insane on paper too. 7'1 wing (who I'm assuming would play PF) he's got KD upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a top prospect, but Chet Holmgren is insane on paper too. 7'1 wing (who I'm assuming would play PF) he's got KD upside.
    Yes but that dude looks like he’s starving. Will he be able to put on weight? Also, I haven’t seen him play, but is he as mobile as KD?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with a top 3 this FO would use it on a second rounder with potential
    exactly. And I told you mfers this before the season ended. What's the use of tanking when they're just gonna pick a player that's not worth tanking for? Popovich and his figureheads must go...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are never going to voluntarily Tank hard. They can’t afford a lost decade like Phoenix just had. Our lease is up in 11 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are never going to voluntarily Tank hard. They can’t afford a lost decade like Phoenix just had. Our lease is up in 11 years.
    They don’t have to try hard. Without major roster changes, this current lineup would have a hard time cracking 100 pts. That should help with the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t have to try hard. Without major roster changes, this current lineup would have a hard time cracking 100 pts. That should help with the tank.

Since we’re the Spurs, and we’re classy, we call it “rebuilding” and pretend the verbiage makes a difference. I suppose. Or maybe call it “reshaping” since that even sounds artistic.

The season goals then are:

1. Win 26 games to get Pop the all time wins record (whether Pop himself cares or not.)

2. Win as little as we can beyond that, to get the best possible draft pick.

3. Go into next offseason with some way to sign a star, if one happens to become available.

4. Look cool doing it. Such as being nice to veterans and caring for the disabled.

So things appear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor made him his in the last U19 World Cup

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we’re the Spurs, and we’re classy, we call it “rebuilding” and pretend the verbiage makes a difference. I suppose. Or maybe call it “reshaping” since that even sounds artistic.

The season goals then are:

1. Win 26 games to get Pop the all time wins record (whether Pop himself cares or not.)

2. Win as little as we can beyond that, to get the best possible draft pick.

3. Go into next offseason with some way to sign a star, if one happens to become available.

4. Look cool doing it. Such as being nice to veterans and caring for the disabled.

So things appear.
    Dont care about next season. If Pop gets the record, fine. But we must NOT sign a star next off season, because that's THE season we have to tank to get Victor. He's only 17, he cant come to the draft before 2023.

We have already missed Doncic (I'm sure the Kings would have been ready to give their FRP for a one-year Kawhi), we cant afford to miss the next european game changer once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they got him
    He would break his leg and someone would say man up and he would bolt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a short nap my guy. This team sucks right now. Lots of potential but no major guns to get W's. This is a tough league and Spurs are in a tough conference & division. I would be surprised & thrilled to be wrong but I'm settling in with realistic expectations. The first years of my fandom saw me cheering helplessly for Ice, Johnny Moore, Gene Banks, Mike Mitc and A-Train as they tried to overcome the better teams in the West. They were just good enough to put a little sense of urgency in the Lakers during the playoffs.

Then there was the scrap heap with Alvin Robertson, Walter Berry, Cadillac Anderson and Johnny Dawkins. All that losing led to David Robinson who gave us some faint hope and then finally to the man who made this franchise - TIM DUNCAN.

They are starting over and its not going to be pretty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this team might be horrible. This team winning 15 games wouldn’t surprise me. Likewise 35 wins wouldn’t surprise me. A winning record would totally surprise me tho.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine the meltdown if the Spurs win less than 26 games and Pop sticks around for another year to break the record.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting a white American named Chet? Sounds like something the Spurs would do unfortunately
    Last edited by Kurgan; 08-12-2021 at 04:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting a white American named Chet? Sounds like something the Spurs would do unforrunately

It’s arguably better than drafting a Sherpa named Chet, who’s used to shooting at a 45 degree angle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine the meltdown if the Spurs win less than 26 games and Pop sticks around for another year to break the record.
    That's actually what I'm expecting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to win just enough games to miss out on a Top-3 pick. And it’s gonna suck tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor played great In the FIBA U19 tournament a month or so ago.

this season has some really good big men prospects also. I hope we can get a top 5 pick this season in the draft because I like a lot of the guys outside of Holmgren who I’m not a big fan of so far.

I like Paolo Banchero, Nikola Jovic and Jalen Duren a lot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... we cant afford to miss the next european game changer once again.
    I'm pretty sure we already did that. Sengun knows how to play... (At 19!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a short nap my guy. This team sucks right now. Lots of potential but no major guns to get W's. This is a tough league and Spurs are in a tough conference & division. I would be surprised & thrilled to be wrong but I'm settling in with realistic expectations. The first years of my fandom saw me cheering helplessly for Ice, Johnny Moore, Gene Banks, Mike Mitc and A-Train as they tried to overcome the better teams in the West. They were just good enough to put a little sense of urgency in the Lakers during the playoffs.

Then there was the scrap heap with Alvin Robertson, Walter Berry, Cadillac Anderson and Johnny Dawkins. All that losing led to David Robinson who gave us some faint hope and then finally to the man who made this franchise - TIM DUNCAN.

They are starting over and its not going to be pretty.
    i still think white/murray can improve overall. Not sure they fall off a cliff this season but its definitely possible. One key injury to any starter,and its def hasta la vista baby

Thread Information