Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the longest losing streak in San Antonio Spurs history?

16 games, set during the 2022-23 season.

Jan 20, 2023 126-131 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers
    Ended on Feb 28 with a 102-94 win over the Utah Jazz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ Minn L 15
    Chicago would be 16

@Houston for the All Time record 17
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 12-06-2023 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Chicago gm 2 not Houston

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POP ain't coaching. He's analyzing talent for next years team.

Basically, it's why the team isn't playing as a team. They're playing like they are trying to impress scouts. Like they are trying to make the team. Which is probably more accurate than not.

So, Pop simply doesn't care about this years record. I would bet he doesn't even know what it is. As long as it gets him into next years lottery...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has scouts for that
    His job is to coach or get the out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you give a working example of what, iyo, he is specifically analyzing?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Basically, it's why the team isn't playing as a team. They're playing like they are trying to impress scouts. Like they are trying to make the team. Which is probably more accurate than not.

So, Pop simply doesn't care about this years record. I would bet he doesn't even know what it is. As long as it gets him into next years lottery...
    As bad as I wanna tell you to knock it off, you might be onto something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have a chance against chicago

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you give a working example of what, iyo, he is specifically analyzing?
    Pretty much what we all are analyzing...

How well does Sochan handle the ball? Maybe not point guard material...but, maybe 2 guard? Does he have it in him to be another Manu? What position could Zach ultimately play if we kept him? Center? PF? Center coming off the bench? What could we do with someone like Bassey? Again, Bench player? PF? Jones worth keeping for secondary guard duties? Vassel worth starting...or giving a spark off the bench? Is Vassel good trade material?

If I was tanking this year to get a lottery pick next year, I would be giving a hard look at questions like that. Pop ain't looking to win as a team...he's looking at individuals to see if they fit into the future. That's why he may not even know what the Spurs record is right now...he doesn't care about that, as long as it gets him into the Lottery. Which sucks for the fans...But, that is what I'm seeing and the only thing that makes sense with what he is doing on court. Imho

And Yes, Pop would be fool not to be looking at Point guard in the draft. But, with an eye on defense and court awareness/passing abilities.

Out of all the players right now on the Spurs roster, I think there are only 2 locks. Wemby, of course...but, I think Sochan as well. But, not at point. He's actually increased his desirability with his point guard play. Not because he's a great point guard...he's not. But, those ball handling abilities he's learning will do him well as a 2 guard or Small forward. His defense tho...he can't D worth right now. But, D is at ude. Almost anyone can do it, and do it well, with the right at ude. He might just need an at ude adjustment. lol

Personally, I would like to keep Zach and Bassey as well. Vassel would make good trade bait for a more all-around team player who can defend as well as shoot 3's. A Bowen type? Vassel is probably the most marketable player on the team...that might not fit into a Future Spurs team. Great scorer. Doesn't make anyone around him better tho.

All the other players are up for grabs...and I think they know it. Which is why this current bunch looks like a bunch of individual players trying out for a spot on the team. All playing as individuals to prove their worth. The emphasis is not on winning as a team, but on their individual worth to a future team. For us fans...it's the most horrible basketball to watch ever. It sure ain't the Beautiful Game. I have always disliked Pop...but, if he pulls it off, he will be loved again. Just not by me.
    Anyway, these are my ramblings. Today, December 2, 2023
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 12-02-2023 at 09:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Match? They're going to blow that outta the water

Like if the Spurs played the Pistons, I have no doubt that Pop would tank that game because he doesn't want his boy Monty losing that much while his own team gets screwed. Any compe ive fire the old man had left died when Ginobili retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have a chance against chicago
    doubt it but there's hope

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This level of cognitive dissonance is simply amazing. He’s “analyzing”. No, he’s just a ty coach and very impressed with himself. He thinks that because he’s coached these guys, they will magically turn into good players

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This level of cognitive dissonance is simply amazing. He’s “analyzing”. No, he’s just a ty coach and very impressed with himself. He thinks that because he’s coached these guys, they will magically turn into good players
    He thinks because he coached Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker that makes him a good coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He thinks because he coached Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker that makes him a good coach.
    Stockton and Malone, Ewing, Barkeley, Nash. These guys are Hofers and don’t even have a single championship, much less 2, 4 or 5. I think coaching had something to do with it also.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stockton and Malone, Ewing, Barkeley, Nash. These guys are Hofers and don’t even have a single championship, much less 2, 4 or 5. I think coaching had something to do with it also.
    That makes Pop better than Sloan and Riley. I'm sure Pop thinks that too.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully the Bulls are a real show so there is a decent chance it ends at 15. Probably will get another chance or two to break the record anyways this season even if they can squeak that one out over Chicago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks bleak with how chicago stomped on the pelicans yesterday. Would be funny though it the spurs break the losing record to the lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks bleak with how chicago stomped on the pelicans yesterday. Would be funny though it the spurs break the losing record to the lakers.
    I'm sure this is a stat that does not matter to Pop or the team, but the Lakers are currently the only team with an all time winning records versus the Spurs, 93-92. This is a unique stat across the major American sports, with only the Yankees being able to make a similar claim, but it comes with a footnote because of interleague play (they have 1 game advantages against a couple of NL teams). Until the last few years, the Spurs were able to claim a winning record against every other franchise in the NBA. We're also down to a 2-game lead against Portland. The next closest team is Phoenix but we have a 14 game lead over them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully the Bulls are a real show so there is a decent chance it ends at 15. Probably will get another chance or two to break the record anyways this season even if they can squeak that one out over Chicago.
    I was going to say that record might fall twice this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the rate they are going, I don't think they will hit 20 wins ... so that record will be broken, probably on their current streak.

Even 10 wins seems out of reach at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the start of the season, I would have said the spurs will win anywhere for 28 - 35 ish games. Now I'm not so sure they'll get 20 wins if that many. People talk about giving the players time to develop, and I get that for the rookies, but for the players who have some experience ? What were they doing last year .. or during summer, playing board games or what.

I understand last year's tank to get Wemby and some assets. Great, mission accomplished. To say we are just developing our players again...well that's just a code word for tanking again. Sure if you tank enough, you get nice young talent, but that young talent doesn't always do much. Just ask the Pistons, or the Rockets of the last 3 years.

I think it now falls upon the front office to make some moves to improve the team and like soon. The rockets brought in a few vets and a skilled coach; look where they are in the standings. The pistons brought in a new coach also, but I don't think he is as good as Udoka. Bottom line, I think its time to rethink the go ultra young strategy and trade some of our assets for a veteran or two. It won't make us worse and we have plenty of assets. The "process" doesn't always work and spurs fans are pretty impatient. The start of trade season is coming soon, lets see if we can make a deal to improve the team. It can't hurt that much considering where we are in the standings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are arguably the worst team in the NBA. It's a 3 year process to turn this team around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He need to get kicked In the balls 16 times and maybe he get back to coaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lost to the hawks
    Enough said
    Just have to hope to play the suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He need to get kicked In the balls 16 times and maybe he get back to coaching
    You strike me as the type of guy that would enjoy getting kicked in the balls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lost to the hawks
    Enough said
    Just have to hope to play the suns
    So weird to reference loss to Hawks n not loss to grizzlies

Thread Information