Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest I am surprised that White has not missed a couple of weeks of injury with his foot because if he had I can 100% say we would be dead last. I think the same thing next year who ever we draft will play in G League and Primo is still learning I don't expect much from him until his third year.

If White or Murray miss a couple of weeks of games we have a good chance to fall in the top 3 in this draft and next years draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest I am surprised that White has not missed a couple of weeks of injury with his foot because if he had I can 100% say we would be dead last. I think the same thing next year who ever we draft will play in G League and Primo is still learning I don't expect much from him until his third year.

If White or Murray miss a couple of weeks of games we have a good chance to fall in the top 3 in this draft and next years draft.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if White is playing injured. I’m not big on him and haven’t been in awhile although I respect his defense but if he is ailing maybe he should take some time off as he has no bounce at all and I think that’s what is really hurting his shot and why it is so damn flat. Even his makes are ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s only the lottery draw position. You draft from post lottery position, which has been much more fluid than before the odds changed. It’s easy to jump into the top 4. 8 or 9 teams have done it for the 12 top 4 positions over the past 3 drafts.

You don’t have to finish with the worst record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updating lottery odds for ppl who are curious:

we currently have a ~40% chance of a top 4 pick:

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

I’d love to see us firmly as the 3rd worst team to finish the year.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-24-2022 at 03:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updating lottery odds for ppl who are curious:

we currently have a ~40% chance of a top 4 pick:

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

I’d love to see us firmly as the 3 worst team to finish the year.
    There was a year when 3 of the top 4 position finishers were booted out. Orlando is the current bottom feeder. Do you know what pick they have the highest odds to get? Number 5 at 47.9%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a year when 3 of the top 4 position finishers were booted out. Orlando is the current bottom feeder. Do you know what pick they have the highest odds to get? Number 5 at 47.9%.
    Well that was the point of flattening out the odds. They have a >50% of top 4 and can’t fall below
    a fifth pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that was the point of flattening out the odds. They have a >50% of top 4 and can’t fall below
    a fifth pick.
    Right, but if you hard tank, and draw the #5? Disaster. You tried to lose but couldn’t even do that right. I like our chances if we stay at 5-6. Decent shot to climb up high in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, but if you hard tank, and draw the #5? Disaster. You tried to lose but couldn’t even do that right. I like our chances if we stay at 5-6. Decent shot to climb up high in the draft.
    From a pure mathematical standpoint hard tanking still is the correct strategy at optimizing your chance at getting the best draft pick all else equal. There are qualitative factors to consider however.

I’m very happy with this year thus far. Our guys have competed, we’ve had some moral victories, we’ve developed players, we’ve gotten a good look at our group both individually and as a whole and we haven’t sacrificed team culture or player morale. With that being said as you get closer to the end of the season you absolutely want to maximize your odds at a higher pick which means finishing with the worst possible record.

In my opinion, given our current seeding, the 3rd seed is attainable and optimizes those qualitative factors I mentioned above with the math, all else equal.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-24-2022 at 04:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and some of you were bagging on Chet Holmgrens 7'0" 195 build?

7'2" 225. This Wemban dude can use some hamburgers too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for Victor in 2023

https://twitter.com/LNBofficiel/stat...64134366359552

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn, he looks good. Is that the team that TP owns that he's playing for?

Not sure what the level of compe ion is like that he's playing against, but he looked really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are likely going to be a little better this coming year than last. Wembanyama is a bigger pipe dream than Banchero tbh.

Teams will be tanking hard for him at the end of next season though. He’s going to be the biggest prospect since Zion. Looks like a legit franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn, he looks good. Is that the team that TP owns that he's playing for?

Not sure what the level of compe ion is like that he's playing against, but he looked really good.
    Yeah, that's the team TP owns. And the game was in French League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for Victor in 2023

https://twitter.com/LNBofficiel/stat...64134366359552
    Holy crap. Look at the 1:00 mark how he grabs the ball with one hand after a pass, like you'd do if they throw you a tennis ball. Unlike Chet's, this dude's hype seems legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it elsewhere in recent days, but this is the guy the Spurs should be aiming for. Or at the very least, the 2023 Draft is where PATFO should be focusing, not this year's. The more the Spurs can trade this year's draft picks and convert them into 2023 1st-rounders, the better. Stockpile trade assets with that draft in mind.

I don't think the Spurs have to hard-tank to be in the 2023 Lottery. The current lineup is bad enough to get there, even with another year's worth of 'seasoning'. No current Spur creates a consistent matchup problem against other teams over an entire season. Great character guys. I love 'em, but none is a threat to dominate a 4th quarter night after night. So if PATFO stands pat with the current roster and doesn't add something to make us an 8-seed, they'll lose plenty despite best efforts. But if they get lucky enough to add Wembanyama to this lineup, I think this team competes for rings again. Whatever team gets him -- he's going to be *such* a matchup nightmare. He'll change the balance of the floor every night. Make life easier for all his teammates, even as a rookie.

I don't think there's a 2022 draft pick or free agent that can turn the current Spurs roster into a championship team. Wembanyama can. I'll take a 5-10% chance at him any day over a 0% chance of winning a championship with the current Spurs roster + anyone available in the upcoming summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are likely going to be a little better this coming year than last. Wembanyama is a bigger pipe dream than Banchero tbh.

Teams will be tanking hard for him at the end of next season though. He’s going to be the biggest prospect since Zion. Looks like a legit franchise player.
    Not sure I see many teams worse than the Spurs next year. Which teams are you thinking of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow or another, and despite their horrible draft pick and cap status, he'll end up in LA.

Or NY. Or Miami. Or Chicago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BY the way, he's 7'3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow or another, and despite their horrible draft pick and cap status, he'll end up in LA.

Or NY. Or Miami. Or Chicago.
    LA doesn't have a draft pick until 2027.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I see many teams worse than the Spurs next year. Which teams are you thinking of?
    Thunder
    Pistons
    Magic
    Rockets
    Kings
    Pacers
    Wizards

Those are the teams I think we’ll be better than for sure. Lakers and Knicks are wild cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Detroit Pistons will be a force in 2030

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it elsewhere in recent days, but this is the guy the Spurs should be aiming for. Or at the very least, the 2023 Draft is where PATFO should be focusing, not this year's. The more the Spurs can trade this year's draft picks and convert them into 2023 1st-rounders, the better. Stockpile trade assets with that draft in mind.

I don't think the Spurs have to hard-tank to be in the 2023 Lottery. The current lineup is bad enough to get there, even with another year's worth of 'seasoning'. No current Spur creates a consistent matchup problem against other teams over an entire season. Great character guys. I love 'em, but none is a threat to dominate a 4th quarter night after night. So if PATFO stands pat with the current roster and doesn't add something to make us an 8-seed, they'll lose plenty despite best efforts. But if they get lucky enough to add Wembanyama to this lineup, I think this team competes for rings again. Whatever team gets him -- he's going to be *such* a matchup nightmare. He'll change the balance of the floor every night. Make life easier for all his teammates, even as a rookie.

I don't think there's a 2022 draft pick or free agent that can turn the current Spurs roster into a championship team. Wembanyama can. I'll take a 5-10% chance at him any day over a 0% chance of winning a championship with the current Spurs roster + anyone available in the upcoming summer.
    So many unknowns, the Spurs might have an injury or two and then the tank will be on.

They aren't deep enough to have a good record next year if they have a key injury.
    Last edited by rascal; 05-01-2022 at 07:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder
    Pistons
    Magic
    Rockets
    Kings
    Pacers
    Wizards

Those are the teams I think we’ll be better than for sure. Lakers and Knicks are wild cards.
    On paper I agree. But it depends on the way the Spurs go this summer. If they sign Lavine and keep Poeltl, they are out of the lottery altogether. If they just keep Poeltl and draft well, they'll make the play in and may be in the late lottery or out of it. If they shock us all and also trade Dejounte for a few young players in an out of character rebuild move, then it could happen. But I give that scenario 1 in a 100 chance, if that.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not taking into account that other teams are likely to improve. Just thinking the Spurs will improve while others stay the same.
    The Spurs were healthy this year and still were not a playoff team, a key injury and they will be near the bottom.

The Spurs are closer to the bottom than to the top with their current roster.

There's going to be a need for a big turnover on the roster for the spurs to be good enough to be back in le contention.

Thread Information