Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re #4! OK, tied for 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren’t tanking for Banchero, or Banchero and Scoot. They’re tanking for a generational player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando choked but Houston and Charlotte came through. Detroit is hanging in there with Phoenix.

Top 3 seed is so close.

Btw DeJounte was on fire tonight. 8 total 3pters and 39 pts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists 2 steals and 2 blocks tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to see his team play more frequently. One game a week vs one game every three days if he played in NCAA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to see his team play more frequently. One game a week vs one game every three days if he played in NCAA.
    That's also why he signed with them. Time to work on his game and developing his body while reducing risks of injuries...

There are of few international qualifying games he's been and will play too, throughout the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That move at 0:47. Holy .

There's a big step between Scoot and Wemby. No way I'm trading down from #1 if we do get it.

I'd much rather bank on the generational superstar-level prospect staying healthy enough to put that talent on the court, than hoping a star-level player manages to develop his game such that he exceeds his potential level tenfold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's a big step between Scoot and Wemby. No way I'm trading down from #1 if we do get it.

I'd much rather bank on the generational superstar-level prospect staying healthy enough to put that talent on the court, than hoping a star-level player manages to develop his game such that he exceeds his potential level tenfold.
    If this draft were a Marathon race, he’d be at mile 20, and Scoot is at mile 2, with everyone else between mile 1 and 2. His skill set combined with his measurements is just ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great addition to Cade and Ivey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't get #1, would you trade away all of our future draft picks for that #1? Would any team accept that trade?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't get #1, would you trade away all of our future draft picks for that #1? Would any team accept that trade?
    I would absolutely offer that trade and no team in their right mind would take it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ones going to take it. Not sure if you were a fan back then of the Spurs, but the Spurs from what I remember never considered any trades for the number 1 pick in 1997 (I read they got a ton of offers. I think it was even said they wouldn't even trade that pick for Michael Jordan - Obviously due to his age and career being towards the end), so I wouldn't expect anyone to do so this time around either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not usually buying rigging the NBA Draft Lottery but if they do, hope they "give" it to Spurs. I know I'll be biased but currently bottom Top-5, here are the teams:

Pistons
    Magic
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Hornets

Outside the Spurs, the other 4 teams had atleast Top-5 picks recently:

Pistons - #1 (2021 - Cunningham), #5 (2022 - Ivey)
    Magic - #1 (2022 - Banchero), #5 (2021 - Suggs)
    Rockets - #2 (2021 - Green), $3 (2022 - Smith)
    Hornets - #3 (2020 - Ball)

I know the draft doesn't work that way by excluding them getting another #1 pick and a team can win back-to-back but just pointing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ones going to take it. Not sure if you were a fan back then of the Spurs, but the Spurs from what I remember never considered any trades for the number 1 pick in 1997 (I read they got a ton of offers. I think it was even said they wouldn't even trade that pick for Michael Jordan - Obviously due to his age and career being towards the end), so I wouldn't expect anyone to do so this time around either.
    I heard about the Jordan thing too, it would have been funny to see him traded like that, you can bet the guy would have been quite upset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a miserable season for 14% chance to get him.

Say, cut that in half to 7% he becomes an All Star or better player.

Cut that in half again to 3.5% he'll stay with the team or lead us to a chip.

Um. Yay?

Not into tanking....sorry.
    now do the math of getting a chip without him for a small market team like SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not playing too much is actually the point... probably the smartest decision he made so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not usually buying rigging the NBA Draft Lottery but if they do, hope they "give" it to Spurs. I know I'll be biased but currently bottom Top-5, here are the teams:

Pistons
    Magic
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Hornets

Outside the Spurs, the other 4 teams had atleast Top-5 picks recently:

Pistons - #1 (2021 - Cunningham), #5 (2022 - Ivey)
    Magic - #1 (2022 - Banchero), #5 (2021 - Suggs)
    Rockets - #2 (2021 - Green), $3 (2022 - Smith)
    Hornets - #3 (2020 - Ball)

I know the draft doesn't work that way by excluding them getting another #1 pick and a team can win back-to-back but just pointing out.
    This is the NBA’s biggest problem going into this draft, IMO. Hornets I’m not sure deserve to be included in this group considering they just got some bad luck and I wouldn’t classify as tanking, but if the Magic, Rockets, Pistons and Thunder end up in the top 5 again (along with the Spurs) then there is going to be a clear issue with blatant tanking paying off.

There was a thread last year with some good ideas of how to discourage tanking… I like the idea of your natural odds being reduced based on the number of times you’ve recently had a top 4 pick. Say the top 6 end up Magic, Rockets, Pistons, Thunder, Hornets and Spurs (in any order) - then there is a clear cut case that only the Spurs and Hornets have not be serial tankers, and the Spurs clearly have the absolute best case for being given the highest preference.

Of course, there is a zero percent chance owners agree to make any substantive changes mid-season, but I can see some calls for serious lottery reform if one of these perma-tankers lands Wemby (or to a lesser extent, Scoot)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certain national media types are so scared of the Spurs getting him that in the rare times they're mentioned, the word "tanking" has to immediately be attached as if they've invented it and there haven't been far more egregious examples that conveniently went unmentioned.

It's as if they're trying to preemptively discredit anything they may go on to do once they get whatever blue chip prospect they'll inevitably get at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocks last night. Scores in the French league aren’t as high as in the NBA, so getting 4 games in a row with 30 points or more is pretty amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be bad again, just like every other rebuilding team in history. It's also possible, while unlikely, you strike gold with a pick like this too - there are some very good players who could be available in the 5-7 range - Brandon Miller, Keyonte George, Nick Smith, etc.
    And SA doesnt have to be bad again…you land a stud with whatever pick you get (not a given, just saying if) and SA has tons of picks and cap space to trade for said upgrades.

Like CLE with Mitc , you first need a good young core then it makes sense to trade for that all star type if you can. SA is in a good spot to get good relatively soon IF they draft well and Keldon/Vassell/Sochan keep developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great addition to Cade and Ivey.
    If SA does not get him thats where I hope he lands. DET is building very well and has a fun team. They deserve a great player too IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA does not get him thats where I hope he lands. DET is building very well and has a fun team. They deserve a great player too IMO
    Detroit with Cade and recently Ivey and Duren and still blatantly tanking at top 2? The league should really investigate the likes of Rockets, Magic, Pistons, Thunder who have had great picks, #1 even, and still tanking hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit with Cade and recently Ivey and Duren and still blatantly tanking at top 2? The league should really investigate the likes of Rockets, Magic, Pistons, Thunder who have had great picks, #1 even, and still tanking hard.
    Cade got injured. Young teams, even with good talent, can go through a lot of growing pains. Thunder have so many come back wins. What do you mean?

Thread Information