Page 138 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3732
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, it's gonna be a hard push right thru Monday night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

holy

Winnnnnning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Citing possible security threats to both those on board the airplanes and those on the ground at Department of Defense airbases, the State Department also said that “charter flights, even those containing American citizens, would not be allowed to land at Defense Department (DOD) airbases,” effectively grounding the evacuation mission.

Old Joe protecting Americans, as he should...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Citing possible security threats to both those on board the airplanes and those on the ground at Department of Defense airbases, the State Department also said that “charter flights, even those containing American citizens, would not be allowed to land at Defense Department (DOD) airbases,” effectively grounding the evacuation mission.

Old Joe protecting Americans, as he should...
    Imagine how excited hater and the other Trump s would be if the Taliban shot down charter plane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So keep fighting the forever war....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So keep fighting the forever war....
    Biden on Trump's exit plan. Americans are trapped there. 13 of our finest are dead.

Biden is on vacation, and you don't care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden on Trump's exit plan. Americans are trapped there. 13 of our finest are dead.

Biden is on vacation, and you don't care.
    You didn't give one about dead servicemen and women during the single Trump term so why are you acting like you do now?

Biden ended the forever war.

Trump didn't.

You're so angry about it, you want to reinvade Afghanistan.

Sorry you backed a loser who didn't do anything. That's on you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And don't you forget it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And don't you forget it.
    A "Royal ting" at that and no welshing on leaving.

Explains why Beep Boop is traumatized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And don't you forget it.
    Oh, we ain't, El.

I swore to that old man I'd avenge him. Let us proceed...

I'm gettin' those 30 stacks of High Society a totin', daddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty naysayers were right, tbh

Turning points in history usually come by surprise because, if the powers-that-be of the day could see those turning points coming at them, they would take steps to avoid them. Governments and the public like to believe that there is more inevitability in history than there really is. Unexpected events of great significance, such as the fall of France in 1940, the overthrow of the Shah in 1979 and the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 were followed by inquiries into why experts did not foresee them.

These investigations dig down deep in search of root causes of historic change and always find them. But, as Lord Northcliffe said, one “should never lose one’s sense of the superficial”. Key ingredients in important historic developments may be decisions and actions occurring that could easily have gone the other way. For instance, there were long-standing reasons for Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait in 1990, but none of these would have mattered if the Iraqi leader had changed his mind at the last minute.

I argued for a decade that the Afghan government was a floating wreck and that it was its unpopularity and fragility, and not the strength of the Taliban, that was the driving force of events. Yet, unsatisfactory though this situation was, it could have gone on for a long time had not Donald Trump signed an extraordinarily one-sided US withdrawal agreement with the Taliban in February 2020. And even this might not have produced the final debacle, had Joe Biden not decided for domestic political motives to grandstand in his speech on 14 April this year confirming the American departure before the 9/11 anniversary.
    He said correctly that the Afghan regime provided too rotten a branch for the US to sit on forever – and then decided to jump up and down on the very same branch and not expect it to snap. The details of just how everything fell apart on the night, and how this could have been avoided, is being venomously debated, but a far more important lesson is that the American way of war is dysfunctional and automatically generates failure.
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/09...of-waging-war/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A curious fact is that the US had won the war by the early months of 2002, at which time the US-backed forces had overthrown the Taliban and al-Qaeda had left the country for Pakistan. But the White House continued the “war on terror” even in the absence of terrorists because of its strong appeal as a slogan and a policy to a US public badly bruised by the shock of 9/11. US forces brought back and supported old warlords, whose blood-soaked banditry between 1992 and 1996 had given birth to the Taliban by way of reaction. Big and small-time Afghan-style mafiosi used American support to win power and money, often denouncing their rivals as secret Taliban and al-Qaeda supporters.

How this process discredited the anti-Taliban forces and produced the Taliban’s return is explained in Anand Gopal’s brilliant and detailed book, No Good Men Among the Living: America, the Taliban and the War through Afghan Eyes. Based on copious interviewing, it convincingly describes how US military intervention first helped get rid of the Taliban but then replaced them with predatory local bosses who denounced as “terrorists” anybody who stood in their way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Blob is already beating the war drums

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The greatest President to ever walk the face of the earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 Guantanamo ex prisioners and 1current FBI most wanted Terrorist are named into new Afghan government

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 Guantanamo ex prisioners and 1current FBI most wanted Terrorist are named into new Afghan government
    Trump and Pompeo got Baradar released, isn't he some of honcho now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rump cult members want to talk about this?
    Under the Trump regime:

Eight U.S. service members died in combat between July and December 2019, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System. Army Sgt. 1st Class James Goble of New Jersey was the last U.S. combat death of 2019, CBS News reported. There were also four non-combat deaths in Afghanistan between July and December 2019, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System. For the whole year, 23 U.S. service members died in Afghanistan.

A total of 11 members of the U.S. military died in Afghanistan in 2020. Of those 11 casualties, four were in combat, the Defense Casualty Analysis System shows.

Can we get a parrot in here to do the math and give us the facts??
    23+11 = ___?

Is that more then 13?

FACT CHECK: Viral Image Claims There Were Zero US Casualties In Afghanistan During The Last 18 Months of Donald Trump’s Administration | Check Your Fact

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rump cult members want to talk about this?
    Under the Trump regime:

Eight U.S. service members died in combat between July and December 2019, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System. Army Sgt. 1st Class James Goble of New Jersey was the last U.S. combat death of 2019, CBS News reported. There were also four non-combat deaths in Afghanistan between July and December 2019, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System. For the whole year, 23 U.S. service members died in Afghanistan.

A total of 11 members of the U.S. military died in Afghanistan in 2020. Of those 11 casualties, four were in combat, the Defense Casualty Analysis System shows.

Can we get a parrot in here to do the math and give us the facts??
    23+11 = ___?

Is that more then 13?

FACT CHECK: Viral Image Claims There Were Zero US Casualties In Afghanistan During The Last 18 Months of Donald Trump’s Administration | Check Your Fact
    Mult, Biden looked at his watch multiple times as the 13 children "stepped" down from that plane...
    "And there to meet me is my mama and papa"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ LOL what was orange blob doing when the 23 + 11 were killed in 2019 and early 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump and Pompeo got Baradar released, isn't he some of honcho now?
    Say what?

You mean this was all trump’s doing?

But hater did not call it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^ LOL what was orange blob doing when the 23 + 11 were killed in 2019 and early 20.
    Not loitering his watch out at Dover, by God.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taliban inauguration ceremony this Saturday the 11th. The Taliban has invited China, Pakistan, Russia, Turkey, Iran and Qatar to attend .

Thread Information