Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do these guys struggle during flu season too? Just seems odd to see perfectly fit guys like that all of a sudden get wrecked by COVID but who knows....I'm in good shape too, and pretty much never get anything outside of a once a year "flu-like" symptoms for a day but one year I got some kind of food poisoning that made me contemplate the viability of suicide for like 9 days or so. just outta nowhere.
    There's nothing odd about exceptions to the rule with a virus that has been caught by almost 40 million Americans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it's pretty simple:

Eat right, exercise, etc plus get vaccinated and you increase your chances of living
    I don’t think exercising or being fit applies to this virus. Anyone from fat to skinny to fit has gotten it and died.

I’ve known of a few cases where real out of shape fools haven’t gotten as much as a light headache over COVID and the opposite in a healthy individual. We really still don’t know what triggers this virus in some people.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don’t think exercising or being fit applies to this virus. Anyone from fat to skinny to fit has gotten it and died.

I’ve known of a few cases where real out of shape fools haven’t gotten as much as a light headache over COVID and the opposite in a healthy individual. We really still don’t know what triggers this virus in some people.
    Like he said, it increases your chances of living. There are no guarantees, but it absolutely helps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That seems incredibly misinformed. It's pretty easy to find stats showing that the large % of deaths occur in those with underlying conditions. Obesity (and the related issues) being at the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More importantly for playblair, his kind is not welcomed in NY:

NYC declares war on ‘rim jobs’ in graphic health department memo.

NYC’s Department of Health is bending over backwards to warn the public about a whole new threat — “rim jobs.”

The city’s health agency issued graphic guidelines for safe sex practices during the coronavirus pandemic Saturday, and while many were quick to take jabs at the agency for labeling masturbation safer than sex with a partner, most missed the backdoor rim shot.

Yes, the city specifically called out rimming — or using the tongue on the anal rim of another person for sexual pleasure — as particularly dangerous in a jaw-dropping section of the public safety alert.

“Rimming (mouth on anus) might spread COVID-19. Virus in feces may enter your mouth,” the city warned in the section led, “Take care during sex.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/nyc-de...partment-memo/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

That's it & that's all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems incredibly misinformed. It's pretty easy to find stats showing that the large % of deaths occur in those with underlying conditions. Obesity (and the related issues) being at the top.
    Also pretty easy to find stats of healthy and young people dying from it. Blanket blaming lazy fat s isn’t really helping which this thread seems to be all about. I was just making a point.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like he said, it increases your chances of living. There are no guarantees, but it absolutely helps.
    tee, hee. We get that guarantee out of this catastrophe and we'll be like overjoyed. It'll all be worth it, right, Adam?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also pretty easy to find stats of healthy and young people dying from it. Blanket blaming lazy fat s isn’t really helping which this thread seems to be all about. I was just making a point.
    Bend over. I'll be in' making a point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll be in' making a point.
    Be careful, old man. You know you've been hiding from this virus since day 1. It loves old people. Let it bend you over, thread.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do these guys struggle during flu season too? Just seems odd to see perfectly fit guys like that all of a sudden get wrecked by COVID but who knows....I'm in good shape too, and pretty much never get anything outside of a once a year "flu-like" symptoms for a day but there was one time I got some kind of food poisoning that made me contemplate the viability of suicide for like 9 days or so. just outta nowhere.
    Nah he never gets sick but COVID kicked his ass a bit.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The point you were trying to make was completely wrong forum dunce.

Obesity Worsens Outcomes from COVID-19

Adults with excess weight are at even greater risk during the COVID-19 pandemic:

Having obesity increases the risk of severe illness from COVID-19. People who are overweight may also be at increased risk.
    Having obesity may triple the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection.
    Obesity is linked to impaired immune function.2,3
    Obesity decreases lung capacity and reserve and can make ventilation more difficult.4
    A study of COVID-19 cases suggests that risks of hospitalization, intensive care unit admission, invasive mechanical ventilation, and death are higher with increasing BMI.5
    The increased risk for hospitalization or death was particularly pronounced in those under age 65. 5
    More than 900,000 adult COVID-19 hospitalizations occurred in the United States between the beginning of the pandemic and November 18, 2020. Models estimate that 271,800 (30.2%) of these hospitalizations were attributed to obesity.6

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obe...-covid-19.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Be careful, old man. You know you've been hiding from this virus since day 1. It loves old people. Let it bend you over, thread.
    But that was me before COVID. I've been a recluse for the past 20 years when the children left the nest.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do these guys struggle during flu season too? Just seems odd to see perfectly fit guys like that all of a sudden get wrecked by COVID but who knows....I'm in good shape too, and pretty much never get anything outside of a once a year "flu-like" symptoms for a day but there was one time I got some kind of food poisoning that made me contemplate the viability of suicide for like 9 days or so. just outta nowhere.
    ...both ends, Mark?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point you were trying to make was completely wrong forum dunce.

Obesity Worsens Outcomes from COVID-19

Adults with excess weight are at even greater risk during the COVID-19 pandemic:

Having obesity increases the risk of severe illness from COVID-19. People who are overweight may also be at increased risk.
    Having obesity may triple the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection.
    Obesity is linked to impaired immune function.2,3
    Obesity decreases lung capacity and reserve and can make ventilation more difficult.4
    A study of COVID-19 cases suggests that risks of hospitalization, intensive care unit admission, invasive mechanical ventilation, and death are higher with increasing BMI.5
    The increased risk for hospitalization or death was particularly pronounced in those under age 65. 5
    More than 900,000 adult COVID-19 hospitalizations occurred in the United States between the beginning of the pandemic and November 18, 2020. Models estimate that 271,800 (30.2%) of these hospitalizations were attributed to obesity.6

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obe...-covid-19.html

That was my OP. Are you telling me the young and healthy aren't getting sick and dying just because they're young and fit?

My main point is that this virus doesn't look at fitness as a barometer for it not to kill you.

Side note:

It's good to see the biggest conspiracy poster here adopt science for once and believe in it.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

That was my OP. Are you telling me the young and healthy aren't getting sick and dying just because they're young and fit?

My main point is that this virus doesn't look at fitness as a barometer for it not to kill you.

Side note:

It's good to see the biggest conspiracy poster here adopt science for once and believe in it.
    Blake was 100% right. You are 100% wrong forum dunce.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake was 100% right. You are 100% wrong forum dunce.
    So people from all spectrum aren't dying? Cool

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are you telling me the young and healthy aren't getting sick and dying just because they're young and fit?

Obviously if anyone is saying being young, vaccinated and healthy is a 100% guarantee against dying of COVID, they're an idiot, but I don't think anyone is saying that.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So people from all spectrum aren't dying? Cool
    No one said that forum dunce. How deep are you going to dig your hole?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I didn't mean death by virus. I meant just extend your chances of living by any cause of death overall.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I didn't mean death by virus. I meant just extend your chances of living by any cause of death overall.
    I'll just bet you did.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Pointing to the fact some young and healthy people have gotten sick and died from COVID as proof that your physical health doesn’t have any impact on your risk of severe COVID symptoms is the equivalent of using a random day when it’s cold outside of proof that global warming isn’t real.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Another lardass per par etc

Yes, and these people now suddenly care about their health so you should wear 3 masks and helmet to make them feel comfortable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and these people now suddenly care about their health so you should wear 3 masks and helmet to make them feel comfortable.
    Hate to say it but obesity is another pandemic in the US, tbh...

From 1999 –2000 through 2017 –2018, US obesity prevalence increased from 30.5% to 42.4%. During the same time, the prevalence of severe obesity increased from 4.7% to 9.2%.

That's 1 in 10 Americans being complete lardasses... just can't look the other way when it comes to accounting for it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This post is so full of desperate edginess.

Thread Information