Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Danny is my favorite non star Spur of all time.
    mine is malik hariston

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard people say he was rude to them in person

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard people say he was rude to them in person
    Every public figure probably had this said about them at least once. People have bad days. There are no exceptions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congrats to Danny ... he can marry wherever he likes to

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at ppl acting like danny paid a few costumed actors 100k apiece

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming that my HoF avatar is a star, Danny Green is 2nd behind Coby Dietrick, with Patty Mills 3rd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny's wedding was in Houston btw. That's where his wife is from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure during the championship years, Pop wouldn't even play Forbes.

The last 3 years Pop hasn't really been that demanding on defense. But I think, and hope, that's about to change.
    With beloved Forbes back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every public figure probably had this said about them at least once. People have bad days. There are no exceptions.
    Agreed. It's something "regular people" take for granted.

Imagine you are just trying to run into HEB real quick to pick up a jar of molasses, and random people want to stop you and ask to take a picture with their daughter.

All kidding aside, that has to get old after a while. Even if you put up a nice front 95% of the time, that other 5% is going to immediately tell the story about how they met an NBA player and he was such an asshole because he wouldn't take a selfie or sign the random piece of paper they had in their pocket.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Agreed. It's something "regular people" take for granted.

Imagine you are just trying to run into HEB real quick to pick up a jar of molasses, and random people want to stop you and ask to take a picture with their daughter.

All kidding aside, that has to get old after a while. Even if you put up a nice front 95% of the time, that other 5% is going to immediately tell the story about how they met an NBA player and he was such an asshole because he wouldn't take a selfie or sign the random piece of paper they had in their pocket.
    my sisters ex bf was a semi known r&b singer & he would get mobbed everywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seconded. He was as much a sign of the Spurs' renaissance as Leonard, if not more so. There were games where he would come in and play like a star, and his shot-blocking ability added another dimension to Duncan's paint control and Leonard's passing-lane protection. If the Spurs had traded him for Josh Howard, they would still only have four les.
    There were also games in particular away games in PO where he would go 1/12 from 3 and miss one of his 2 FTs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were also games in particular away games in PO where he would go 1/12 from 3 and miss one of his 2 FTs
    And in those games, he'd still make amazing defensive possessions like blocking James one on one in transition to get his team the ball back with a minute left in the game. Danny was no less consistent of a shooter than Bowen was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in those games, he'd still make amazing defensive possessions like blocking James one on one in transition to get his team the ball back with a minute left in the game. Danny was no less consistent of a shooter than Bowen was
    of course and also games when he would do nothing on both end of the floor. Don't get me wrong I do like some DG but he was a role player like Bruce was except Bruce has his jersey on the rafters. Bruce shot the occasional 3s but were much more impactful on Defense at a time when offense was not the main priority. Not sure I'm with you with your DG part of renaissance stuff tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course and also games when he would do nothing on both end of the floor. Don't get me wrong I do like some DG but he was a role player like Bruce was except Bruce has his jersey on the rafters. Bruce shot the occasional 3s but were much more impactful on Defense at a time when offense was not the main priority. Not sure I'm with you with your DG part of renaissance stuff tbh...
    So obviously none of this. Before Green left the Spurs and won two more les, we could pretend like this was true. Now he's proven himself to just be a good player. You're also misremembering if you think there were games where Green was ineffective on both ends of the floor. His worse series ever (2012 against the Thunder) still has him as the most impactful defensive player of that series. If you're going to try to pull the "well a guy still scored a lot against him in this one game", that happened to Bowen all the time. Part of that is Pop misusing him by trying to make him guard Dirk or Nash. Part of it is that the standards for perimeter defense (in terms of actual impact on scoring) were lower in Bowen's era. Making guys work was the standard for good perimeter defense. The Medium Three Spurs could literally shut stars out of games, and a lot of that is because they had elite defenders at all three levels. The 2014 Thunder couldn't just go with the guy Leonard wasn't guarding, because that guy was going against Green, who'd force a turnover or block the shot.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So obviously none of this. Before Green left the Spurs and won two more les, we could pretend like this was true. Now he's proven himself to just be a good player. You're also misremembering if you think there were games where Green was ineffective on both ends of the floor. His worse series ever (2012 against the Thunder) still has him as the most impactful defensive player of that series. If you're going to try to pull the "well a guy still scored a lot against him in this one game", that happened to Bowen all the time. Part of that is Pop misusing him by trying to make him guard Dirk or Nash. Part of it is that the standards for perimeter defense (in terms of actual impact on scoring) were lower in Bowen's era. Making guys work was the standard for good perimeter defense. The Medium Three Spurs could literally shut stars out of games, and a lot of that is because they had elite defenders at all three levels. The 2014 Thunder couldn't just go with the guy Leonard wasn't guarding, because that guy was going against Green, who'd force a turnover or block the shot.
    The last couple of years here during the season grind at times Green could definitely lose focus on the defensive end especially when he was in an Icy stage shooting wise. It wasn't horrible and it's somewhat understandable but it's also arguably unprofessional. I can't think of any games in particular that it cost the team, directly because it wasn't happening when games were close but I do distinctly remember it happening a few times.

That said I have always like the guy. Suprised none of the snakes made the wedding photos. Though of the non-star Spurs for favorites I would go with Hill, and Bowen before Green. I am also borderline on placing Stephen Jackson ahead of him but also kinda question weather or not he counts as a star, a dwarf star but a star none the less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is a perfect illustration of a streak shooter. As a 40% 3G shooter, he never shot 2/5. It was alternating games of 4/5 and 0/5.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is a perfect illustration of a streak shooter. As a 40% 3G shooter, he never shot 2/5. It was alternating games of 4/5 and 0/5.
    2 for 5, never 4 for 10, as a Spur
    January 5, 2012 vs. Dallas
    January 29, 2012 @ Dallas
    January 30, 2012 @ Memphis
    February 4, 2012 vs Oklahoma City
    April 12, 2012 @ Memphis
    December 7, 2012 vs Houston
    February 2, 2013 vs Washington
    February 24, 2013 @ phoenix
    April 21, 2013 playoffs vs Lakers
    May 14, 2013 playoffs vs Golden State
    December 11, 2013 @ Milwaukee
    April 3, 2014 @ Oklahoma City
    April 23, 2014 playoffs @ Dallas
    May 8, 2014 playoffs @ portland
    November 5, 2014 vs Atlanta
    October 30, 2015 vs Brooklyn
    November 16, 2015 vs portland
    November 18, 2015 vs Denver
    February 5, 2016 @ Dallas
    April 13, 2016 @ Dallas
    May 6, 2016 playoffs @ Oklahoma City
    December 2, 2016 @ Milwaukee
    December 22, 2016 @ Clippers
    January 21, 2017 @ Cleveland
    January 27, 2017 @ New Orleans
    January 31, 2017 vs Oklahoma City
    February 2, 2017 vs philadelphia
    February 13, 2017 @ Indiana
    March 21, 2017 @ Minnesota
    April 27, 2017 playoffs @ Memphis
    November 5, 2017 vs phoenix
    December 8, 2017 vs Boston
    February 28, 2018 vs New Orleans
    March 27, 2018 @ Washington
    April 22, 2018 playoffs @ Golden State

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 for 5, never 4 for 10, as a Spur
    January 5, 2012 vs. Dallas
    January 29, 2012 @ Dallas
    January 30, 2012 @ Memphis
    February 4, 2012 vs Oklahoma City
    April 12, 2012 @ Memphis
    December 7, 2012 vs Houston
    February 2, 2013 vs Washington
    February 24, 2013 @ phoenix
    April 21, 2013 playoffs vs Lakers
    May 14, 2013 playoffs vs Golden State
    December 11, 2013 @ Milwaukee
    April 3, 2014 @ Oklahoma City
    April 23, 2014 playoffs @ Dallas
    May 8, 2014 playoffs @ portland
    November 5, 2014 vs Atlanta
    October 30, 2015 vs Brooklyn
    November 16, 2015 vs portland
    November 18, 2015 vs Denver
    February 5, 2016 @ Dallas
    April 13, 2016 @ Dallas
    May 6, 2016 playoffs @ Oklahoma City
    December 2, 2016 @ Milwaukee
    December 22, 2016 @ Clippers
    January 21, 2017 @ Cleveland
    January 27, 2017 @ New Orleans
    January 31, 2017 vs Oklahoma City
    February 2, 2017 vs philadelphia
    February 13, 2017 @ Indiana
    March 21, 2017 @ Minnesota
    April 27, 2017 playoffs @ Memphis
    November 5, 2017 vs phoenix
    December 8, 2017 vs Boston
    February 28, 2018 vs New Orleans
    March 27, 2018 @ Washington
    April 22, 2018 playoffs @ Golden State
    so 7% of games played he shot his average?

pull out all the games he attempted 5 treys

then break out how many
    0 for 5
    1 for 5
    etc

Thread Information