Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got that triple out 'em, Mult. It was a miracle we got that out of 'em, and a miracle we didn't get more.

I don't know, but if Jackson would've taken command and control when it started going sideways perhaps things would've been different. Just paranoia but sometimes I think Jackson sabotaged it because it was going to be too much work for him with no assurance that it would work out, so he just threw gasoline on the banked embers and it burnt to the ground.
    Naw Vlade just outplayed and completely outsmarted Shaq.
    Your almond headed guy also got worked by Bibby.

Twas just a better team that 2002 Kings Championship.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Naw Vlade just outplayed and completely outsmarted Shaq.
    Your almond headed guy also got worked by Bibby.

Twas just a better team that 2002 Kings Championship.
    Still in denial. Still don't know what hurt you most:::Horry making that Howitzer, or, them selling your . The sound of that horn as Horry's shot comes in I shall take to the grave.

You know what bugs me no end? That in' Stoyakovic getting straightened out in Texas like that. What even compounds that deed? Him never playing another NBA game.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If we're talking about teams whose core never won a le, I'd say Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder. Just one good coach away from easily getting one or more le imo. If it's individual season, it's undoubtedly gotta be the either one of the Warriors' seasons

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If it's just an individual season, I think the 2015/16 Spurs have to be up there. 1st defensively, 4th offensively and the best net rating in the league on their way to 67 wins.

02 Kings were pretty damn good, too.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    If we're talking about teams whose core never won a le, I'd say Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder. Just one good coach away from easily getting one or more le imo. If it's individual season, it's undoubtedly gotta be the either one of the Warriors' seasons
    oh man yeah idk how i forgot about that one

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If it's just an individual season, I think the 2015/16 Spurs have to be up there. 1st defensively, 4th offensively and the best net rating in the league on their way to 67 wins.

02 Kings were pretty damn good, too.
    All that lunkhead had to do was climb into Horry's shorts and stand fast in the ranks, don't even look at the hoop. But Webber was always a stubborn jackass. A coach could never tell him a blessed thing that he would obey.

Kobe and Daddy rushed their attempts, especially Kobe. But that GD Horry stayed right- in'-there.

***Though I was always glad, relieved even that Jason Williams got his ring, because it was grudged by a number of factions in Media.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think they are better than those Jazz teams ...
    I think teams that have a core that never won a le should be the answer here not a team like the Spurs who won multiple after that mavs loss ...

I love how people on Karl Malone for 30 years pedophile choker etc. But overrate the out of the Jazz. Malone and Stockton were all time great, horanacek solid (but past his Suns prime) but the rest of that roster mediocre at best ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1996 Sonics
    1973 Bucks
    1978 Blazers
    1973 Celtics
    2016 Warriors
    Last edited by Isitjustme?; 08-21-2021 at 09:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...The Triplets...Brewer,,,memory ain't worth a no more---who's the other 2, amb?
    Breuer, mokeski and englar? Definition of the BWS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got that triple out 'em, Mult. It was a miracle we got that out of 'em, and a miracle we didn't get more.

I don't know, but if Jackson would've taken command and control when it started going sideways perhaps things would've been different. Just paranoia but sometimes I think Jackson sabotaged it because it was going to be too much work for him with no assurance that it would work out, so he just threw gasoline on the banked embers and it burnt to the ground.
    That’s Jackson’s style. He picks favourites to make himself look like some sort of saviour so players get attached to him. It’s going to burn out eventually. Horace grant, kukoc, Kobe then MVPau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 8 on 5 referees that blatantly stole the le from 2002 Kings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as much as the refs were kind of purple and gold in the 2002 series......the Kings didn't help themselves by flopping and flailing all over the court. I mean, if you clapped your hands really loud, Vlade would hit the floor like a fainting goat. The refs saw through that whole facade and stopped calling fouls on the Lakers. Also, don't leave Big Shot Bob wide open in critical moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mid-80s Bucks had Paul Pressey, Ricky Pierce, Terry mings, Sidney Moncrief, and Craig Hodges......not a bad group. The following year, they added Jack Sikma. So, they were not devoid of talent at all.....just not good enough to compete with Philadelphia or Boston.

In the first 8 years of the 80s, they lost to Philly 4 times in the playoffs, Boston 3 times. When they finally beat Philly, the lost to Boston the Con. Finals for the 2nd loss.

I am sure that in the 80s, the 2 most hated teams to come through that town were Philly and Boston. They probably had discounted beer night to make the fans even more rowdy.
    Last edited by Biggems; 08-22-2021 at 08:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 2006 Spurs Mavs series was a ing farce. How the purely perimeter team shoots over 50 FTs in a playoff game is beyond me. Just by stepping on the court, the Spurs were whistled and the Mavs shot FTs, sheesh.

But you know, karma is a fickle . The same way the refs one-sided the calls in that series, and helped the Mavs barely squeak by, they reversed their favor after game 2 of the Finals. I guess the Mavs took them for granted or didn't pay in full, cause the next 4 games, Wade and the Heat absolutely lived at the FT line.

It was the absolute definition of poetic justice.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bless-their-hearts.

You've nary room, Rummy. You've partook from that same equation.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Breuer, mokeski and englar? Definition of the BWS.
    I had it all screwed up, amb, it was (The Triplets) while at Arkansas in the late '70's. They never played together on the Bucks.

Marvin Delph
    Ron Brewer
    Sidney Moncrief

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the 2006 Spurs Mavs series was a ing farce. How the purely perimeter team shoots over 50 FTs in a playoff game is beyond me. Just by stepping on the court, the Spurs were whistled and the Mavs shot FTs, sheesh.

But you know, karma is a fickle . The same way the refs one-sided the calls in that series, and helped the Mavs barely squeak by, they reversed their favor after game 2 of the Finals. I guess the Mavs took them for granted or didn't pay in full, cause the next 4 games, Wade and the Heat absolutely lived at the FT line.

It was the absolute definition of poetic justice.
    you clearly have no clue what youre talking about, considering the mavs were top 5 in free throw rate that year, while the spurs were the 4th worst

so by your logic, the series was actually called HEAVILY in the spurs favor considering they actually shot more FTs throughout the series

additionally, the mavs were top 10 in terms of shortest FGA distance average (tied with the spurs), and were in the bottom 10 in terms of the average number of shots taken from 16ft and farther

so they clearly were not a purely perimeter team at all, and were actually among the teams that least utilized the perimeter game in the entire NBA
    Last edited by Neo.; 08-22-2021 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers were hosed at the end of Game 5 of the Kings series so it all evens out. There was a 7th game on their home floor and they proceeded to miss half their FTs and air balled lots of crunch time shots. I can see why this board loves them, though. Kids here love championing groups of people who blame others for their shortcomings.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lakers were hosed at the end of Game 5 of the Kings series so it all evens out. There was a 7th game on their home floor and they proceeded to miss half their FTs and air balled lots of crunch time shots. I can see why this board loves them, though. Kids here love championing groups of people who blame others for their shortcomings.
    funny how this gets overlooked so much tbh

also game 4 blowing a 20 pt lead and missing a key FT at the end

the kings shot themselves in the foot as much as any team ever tbh, which is another reason why as good as they were, its hard for me to consider them better than a number of other teams that didnt win a championship
    Last edited by Neo.; 08-22-2021 at 11:23 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    funny how this gets overlooked so much tbh

also game 4 blowing a 20 pt lead and missing a key FT at the end

the kings shot themselves in the foot as much as any team ever tbh, which is another reason why as good as they were, its hard for me to consider them better than a number of other teams that didnt win a championship
    The previous year when they played and the Lakers swept it was actually a lot closer than people thought. 3/4 games were nailbiters but just like the 2002 series, Sacto always found a way to choke away the close games (shady Game 5 notwithstanding). Same with Game 5 against Utah in 1999 or Games 3 and 7 against Minny in 2004. That team was born to choke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers might not have been swept with real refs.
    They had Big Shot Rob.
    They may well have won one game, they had a decent team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as much as the refs were kind of purple and gold in the 2002 series......the Kings didn't help themselves by flopping and flailing all over the court. I mean, if you clapped your hands really loud, Vlade would hit the floor like a fainting goat. The refs saw through that whole facade and stopped calling fouls on the Lakers. Also, don't leave Big Shot Bob wide open in critical moments.
    True, they still could have won the series if they were more disciplined tbh

And Adelman, as great as a coach he was, screwed up by playing Stojalovic who had just come back from an injury, Turkoglu was killing the Lakers…..
    it backfired with Peja airballing a wide open 3 at the end of game 7

Also in the last minutes of game 5, Lakers got screwed by the refs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Facts. Teams they hate Lakers/Mavs/Warriors play 8 on 5 ...but teams they like overcome this bias Spurs/Bucks/Raptors/Heatles which makes no sense...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Everyone focused on 2002 but what if Webber doesn't blow his knee the following postseason?

Kings still pushed the Mavericks to 7 after losing Webber in Game 2

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Everyone focused on 2002 but what if Webber doesn't blow his knee the following postseason?

Kings still pushed the Mavericks to 7 after losing Webber in Game 2

Webber, like "Jake Spoon" was "too leaky a vessel to put your faith in."

He was a lot like Dwight Howard before he saw the light upon returning to the Lakers. That is rare is professional sports. (They) say they've seen the light and will abide, but just a trace amount ever seen it all the way thru...Artest, the aforementioned Howard, et al.

CW claimed to have saw this light, even a couple times, but he was just screwin' around trying to get a foothold and another million or 5 before they shut the door on his ass for good. He'd get the additional boodle, then forget about (the light) and carry on like he always had...that's how he ended up turning his back on Horry and wandering up that lane after Adelmann had begged him on hands and knees not to do that.

Now, once in a while he has to sit on that TnT dias while Daddy & Smith smirk at him,,,"But it's all in fun." says Kenny.

My ass.

Thread Information