Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m firm with Sa trading ….just not thrilled with Simmons.
    I don’t disagree and sometimes think a Wiggins/asset trade would’ve better.

That said, Simmons is a really good player and it’ll come down to whether he decides to get over himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I just look at it like unless it’s a no brainer trade then best outcome is let these guys play for a season. Either they aren’t what we hope and we know for sure or they are better and we can make trades under such cir stances to put more around them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the -he wants a big market...He’s hiding from one currently and the media is already on him. Not like LA, NY, or CHI type fans are going to ignore his flaws and embrace them. He has talents but are the 6ers seeing a big market for him? I fine with a trade if the spurs keep keldon, vassell, and primo. That’s just me. But I fail to see why this guy would want to continue to be a big market/media whipping boy when he could take his 140mil and run off the grid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons and Lonnie already on the same team. 18 second mark...

Ben Simmons' annual "extended range, I'm an elite jump shooter" video...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think if there's a single player who you should want the Spurs to keep with a Simmons/White back court, it'd be Walker. You'd be able to hide him on defense, and he could provide the scoring punch those guys lack. Vassell sort of fits, as does Johnson. But if I had the chance to move one of them and keep Walker and a pick, I'd do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd be far this, but realistically what do the Spurs offer that would make the sixers better than keeping Simmons

Don't see it. I appreciate PATFO doing due diligence, however

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd be far this, but realistically what do the Spurs offer that would make the sixers better than keeping Simmons

Don't see it. I appreciate PATFO doing due diligence, however
    DeRozan didn’t make us better.

You really don’t want a key player in your locker room unhappy (and he’s clearly indicated that he wants out), and you don’t want to be black balled by Klutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stubborn Pop and a headcase like Simmons - sure that will work out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stubborn Pop and a headcase like Simmons - sure that will work out?
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we are all confident Brian Wright will get fleeced in this trade. Let’s just win 18 games for the next few years and continue to draft a couple of guys who are 2 years away from being 2 years away. Eventually we will get there. Spurs future 1st round picks should be the most coveted asset in the NBA right now but PATFO will probably use them as if we are playoff contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10588473[/URL]]Ben Simmons would not want to stay in San Antonio... the big markets is where he likes to be.
    Would all depend on the conversations that are happening with his agent but, this seems obvious to me. I doubt Spurs trade away all their young culture guys for a guy that makes $40M/yr and would likely bounce after his contract or want a trade after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers don't want Simmons being a cancer to their entire season. As long as teams don't decide to start bidding against each other, someone should score a pretty good deal.

I'll be curious to see what the Sixers end up landing for him. My guess is that they made the initial outrageous request out of the gate not expecting to actually get it, and then if someone does give up some key pieces, plus a couple of first round picks, that team making the trade can look like they were great negotiators to their fans, and the Sixers get about all they realistically expected in the first place.

He'll be traded here soon would be my guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers don't want Simmons being a cancer to their entire season. As long as teams don't decide to start bidding against each other, someone should score a pretty good deal.
    This.
    If everyone would hold out (won't happen), Sixers would cave.

Please don't pull a 50 Paddy Spurs.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Ben Simmons once again shooting in the videos. Yea, not gonna fall for that. We also watched our Instagram baller workout videos for like 3 years now and he still sucks. Same will be with zero defense Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10588473[/URL]]Ben Simmons would not want to stay in San Antonio... the big markets is where he likes to be.
    Would all depend on the conversations that are happening with his agent but, this seems obvious to me. I doubt Spurs trade away all their young culture guys for a guy that makes $40M/yr and would likely bounce after his contract or want a trade after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Ben Simmons once again shooting in the videos. Yea, not gonna fall for that. We also watched our Instagram baller workout videos for like 3 years now and he still sucks. Same will be with zero defense Walker.
    You have such a negative outlook. JFC.
    Every post of yours is ting on someone.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have such a negative outlook. JFC.
    Every post of yours is ting on someone.
    If they were good id say somethint positive. Perhaps they will surprise me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is actually awful. What does he even do besides be 6'10" with guard footspeed?

I wouldn't even trade Murray + filler for him at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is actually awful. What does he even do besides be 6'10" with guard footspeed?

I wouldn't even trade Murray + filler for him at this point.
    You really don’t understand basketball at all. He’s elite defensively, top to bottom. Finished second in the DPOY vote this year. He’s also a top notch finisher with elite court vision and passing. There’s literally one thing he does at a below average level: shooting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10589235[/URL]]You really don’t understand basketball at all. He’s elite defensively, top to bottom. Finished second in the DPOY vote this year. He’s also a top notch finisher with elite court vision and passing. There’s literally one thing he does at a below average level: shooting.
    The game of basketball is centered on putting the ball in the hoop. Being below average at shooting is a pretty big deal lol Especially with “today’s NBA” of 3 pointers/offense over everything

You run against Zone Defense or soft man defense and it’s virtually 4 vs 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really don’t understand basketball at all. He’s elite defensively, top to bottom. Finished second in the DPOY vote this year. He’s also a top notch finisher with elite court vision and passing. There’s literally one thing he does at a below average level: shooting.

if by some miracle England fixed his shot, you’d have a Top 5 player in the league on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if by some miracle England fixed his shot, you’d have a Top 5 player in the league on the team
    It's more than fixing his shot.
    You have to get him to shoot. That's what make a deal for him even riskier.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If England fixed his shot you'd have a Top 1 player in the league on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’d have the best player in the league, a 6’11” Kawhi.

Thread Information