Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall is so bad I'd actually take Ben Simmons over him.
    I think Wall is still a good player, but the problem is his salary. You can't blame him for taking advantage of the rules, but hardly anyone can live up to the supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Wall is still a good player, but the problem is his salary. You can't blame him for taking advantage of the rules, but hardly anyone can live up to the supermax.
    He’s not, he’s really, really not. His win shares were NEGATIVE last year.

Derrick White, Thad, and Aminu as salary filler brings more wins for Philly than Wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that sounds like his dad killed his jumpshot lol
    Nah... Not buying it... He seems like a natural beta... Because he wasn't even aggressive when it came to attacking the basket in must-win playoff games... To the point where he didn't wanna take a wide open dunk... His fear of jumpshooting is his own doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs at least reached out and talked to the 76ers about a Simmons trade, but that didn’t get very far, reports Zach Lowe at ESPN.

The Spurs talked with the Philadelphia 76ers about Ben Simmons, but those talks have not gotten far, sources said.

Interestingly, Lowe also reports the Spurs kicked the tires on possible deals for Lauri Markkanen and John Collins, but neither of those came together, either.

The Spurs are rebuilding and looking for their next star player, and while they have a lineup of good players they drafted — Dejounte Murray, Keldon Johnson, Lonnie Walker IV, Derrick White — there is no talent of Simmons caliber among them. San Antonio was right to look around, but with what Daryl Morey was asking for in a trade, the Spurs were right to stay away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbc...ear-trade/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs at least reached out and talked to the 76ers about a Simmons trade, but that didn’t get very far, reports Zach Lowe at ESPN.

Interestingly, Lowe also reports the Spurs kicked the tires on possible deals for Lauri Markkanen and John Collins, but neither of those came together, either.

The Spurs are rebuilding and looking for their next star player, and while they have a lineup of good players they drafted — Dejounte Murray, Keldon Johnson, Lonnie Walker IV, Derrick White — there is no talent of Simmons caliber among them. San Antonio was right to look around, but with what Daryl Morey was asking for in a trade, the Spurs were right to stay away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbc...ear-trade/amp/
    The Markkanen talks were probably an earlier phase of the DeRozan trade, but my guess would be that it was either Markkanen OR Thad + FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I see this dragging out till the start of the season and if he doesn't play they will trade him. I don't think they really want to trade him but they are definitely lowering his value especially if they drag this out to him sitting out and not playing. This is more about the 76ers not giving in to him and not wanting to trade him. He doesn't want to be there anymore and his behavior is highly unprofessional so this is going to get ugly for 76ers. I would be surprised if he shows up and plays for them.
    From what I gather from here, Philly will pay 50% of this year salary starting tomorrow, and start fining Simmons for not attending practice, etc. How soon does the NBA step in? While Simmons could come and just play horribly like what Harden did. This is just not going to end good for Philly with their focus should be getting Embiid and the rest of the team ready on a positive note.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I gather from here, Philly will pay 50% of this year salary starting tomorrow, and start fining Simmons for not attending practice, etc. How soon does the NBA step in? While Simmons could come and just play horribly like what Harden did. This is just not going to end good for Philly with their focus should be getting Embiid and the rest of the team ready on a positive note.
    I still think Philly is screwed here.... Morey could be hard headed and stretch it out a while longer but the longer he does he's only hurting his team at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah... Not buying it... He seems like a natural beta... Because he wasn't even aggressive when it came to attacking the basket in must-win playoff games... To the point where he didn't wanna take a wide open dunk... His fear of jumpshooting is his own doing
    His mental weakness is the biggest reason why i do not want him here, especially with his salary. None of the all time great shy away from a challenge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him staying away from the team is actually better for Philly. Being forced to be presence could be disruptive for the team and make the team lose winnable games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him staying away from the team is actually better for Philly. Being forced to be presence could be disruptive for the team and make the team lose winnable games.

No matter which way you look at it, it's a lose-lose situation for them.

They had all the patience in the world. Instead of being grateful for that, Simmons took advantage and never improved.
    Why would he when he got a huge deal without showing any signs of improvement?

If Sixers were a treadmill team, they'd probably make a statement and make him sit out at least this season.

But they have Embiid who's not going to wait forever.
    Tobias is 29 and on a max deal. Danny is 34, Seth is 31. Definition of a win-now team.

They don't have the luxury to wait and see how things unfold. Every day without a solution is a bad day for them because Simmons' value keeps tanking.
    Simmons doesn't look like a player who particularly cares about his situation. He's a self-proclaimed "young socialite" who'd rather rack up DNPs in LA than play in Minnesota (or San Antonio for that matter).

Sixers aren't good enough without some more legit rotation pieces, but their window for a good trade is long gone by now.
    They'll get fleeced, much like we did when nephew ed us over. Lose-lose situation, as I already said.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if he has to show up for team photos.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ing floored Philly seems to be willing to go down with the ship to spite him. Either way it's entertaining to watch though. Whoever trades for Simmons is going to get him half price for this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL about 4 1/2 hours until Philly has to dump $16.3 million into Little Ben's bank account. Can't believe they haven't traded his ass yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope something happens in the next 4 hours then. I don't mind if its the Spurs getting involved as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL about 4 1/2 hours until Philly has to dump $16.3 million into Little Ben's bank account. Can't believe they haven't traded his ass yet.
    Why are people continually wrong about this? He was paid 1/4th in July. Tomorrow he gets paid another 1/4, not half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people continually wrong about this? He was paid 1/4th in July. Tomorrow he gets paid another 1/4, not half.
    OK, amend it to LOL about 4 1/2 hours until Philly has had to dump $16.3 million into Little Ben's bank account. Can't believe they haven't traded his ass yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Simmons get the loudest boos ever in the NBA when he plays in Philly as a visitor? Philly is famous for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, amend it to LOL about 4 1/2 hours until Philly has had to dump $16.3 million into Little Ben's bank account. Can't believe they haven't traded his ass yet.
    Think of the other owners. Why would they want to pay him thst money. They can trade for him a day later and save 14mil.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think of the other owners. Why would they want to pay him thst money. They can trade for him a day later and save 14mil.
    I believe salary is prorated per game when trading so it doesn't really matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe salary is prorated per game when trading so it doesn't really matter.
    So whoever trades for him cuts the Sixers a check if it's less than halfway through the season? Don't see that happening.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to oversimplify, but is Morey great at numbers and horrible with people? They wasted so much time to repair the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to oversimplify, but is Morey great at numbers and horrible with people? They wasted so much time to repair the situation.
    He’s a commodity trader. I don’t think he even acknowledges that the components of his roster are, in fact, people.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs are tied for 4th for best odds to land ben, per BetMGM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From RealGM so take it for what it's worth. For now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information