Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's low risk high reward if they don't give up a multiple firsts. If the Sixers think they're getting a Harden like return, no thanks, good luck with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons a Spur? I just don’t see it.

Ben was exposed league wide for the player that he is this past playoff season. What’s comical to me though…this is the exact same player that was game-planned against by the Celtics several seasons ago in the Playoffs. It was thought that the lack of shooting, poor roster construction was the issue (which is somewhat valid). This past season though, no excuse.

You don’t build your team around a Draymond Green…Why do it for one sans a killer instinct?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Walker, Vassell, Poeltl and Bulls first round pick for Simmons, Tolliver and Reed? I don't think I do it but I think that's basically what it'd take if the Spurs want to trade for Simmons but are hesitant to give up one of their first rounders.
    I’d like to see Spurs try to flip Thad for a pick to add to the war-chest first, but otherwise I’m here for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At homers and casuals alike who think a combination of the Spurs' second and third rate youth and lesser/protected picks are getting them a young, signed long term, (flawed) complimentary star.

When Stein says "barge", he's more than likely alluding to pulling in a third or maybe even fourth team to be able to contribute to supplying the 76ers with the type of package that would appeal to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuuuuck this noise.

This is a Kangz-level move, for real now. Y'all have been ing about the "inept FO" moves all off-season long - this is precisely the move an inept FO would do. I too don't buy all this noise and "sources", it's clear the clock is ticking out on Simmons and the Klutch media machine is hoping now more than ever for a bidding war, lest Simmons be on the roster still come training camp.

at naive posters thinking Simmons is a "first domino" and would attract "ring chasers" to SanAn. Insane that after so many years this fantasy is still going strong, for BEN SIMMONS nonetheless... Who's he gonna drag down here? Be ing real... Guy is hardly adequate as a #2 option, probably a #3, with the ego of a diva #1 to boot. Further at posters thinking his "issues are fixable", no they aren't - he literally shoots off the wrong ing hand still, at twenty- ing-five, be real. Chip could more easily get Poeltl shooting 3's than he would Simmons shooting them (matter-of-factly, Poeltl literally has a better jumper and touch than Simmons does, and I see nobody barking up that hopeless tree for some reason...).

Disgusting that it's even a consideration, can only hope it's media BS smoke and mirrors. Definitely would be my breaking point. Simmons and being locked into at least 4 years of mediocrity (the REAL mediocrity) paying his bum, beta ass $140 million dollars. I'd much, much rather bottom out and go get a player off the top lottery who isn't so fatally and fundamentally flawed in the most important aspect of the modern NBA as Simmons. Why do people even want him? You can't even play him for his defense in the 4th, he's been Hack-A-Shaq'd literally every single playoff series last season

Once again... this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The absolute begging for ben simons on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, off you little .
    lmao nah you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude would flake out having to hang in SA
    he could live in austin and buy a chopper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons a Spur? I just don’t see it.

Ben was exposed league wide for the player that he is this past playoff season. What’s comical to me though…this is the exact same player that was game-planned against by the Celtics several seasons ago in the Playoffs. It was thought that the lack of shooting, poor roster construction was the issue (which is somewhat valid). This past season though, no excuse.

You don’t build your team around a Draymond Green…Why do it for one sans a killer instinct?

There couldn't be more red flags hovering all around Simmons. Came into the league a finished product, but supposedly with "sky-high" room for growth. Proceeded to coast off athleticism and get himself a huge bag, to then not work on a SINGLE THING about his offensive game (yes, his defense has gotten better, but it's just as worthless as DeRozan's offense was when you're such an incredible negative on the other side of the floor, whichever side it is). Arguably shoots less now than he came into the league, in maybe the most shooting-inclined league in the entire world. Doesn't recognize his true position of PF and demands having a ball-handling role, when a Simmons-handling PnR is the least threatening one in the entire league. Severely lacking in offensive IQ, can't recognize how he's hurting his team nor how he can help them, it was painfully obvious in Philly year after year - multiple video compilations online of Simmons doing nothing on offense.

Then, after getting embarrassingly exposed in the POs for being the exact same flaw of a player he's always been, proceeds to go dark, cut off comms with his entire team and org (sound familiar y'all?? Insane that some of you want to go through this, again), while Embiid spends all off-season on the Sixers' training facility working on his game and conditioning. And, to top it all off, he demands to be traded off the team, and not to any team, but a specific list of, LA-centric, shortlist.

My god. Let some other, more desperate team have him, Spurs are in need of talent but not this badly. And especially not such fundamentally flawed talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At homers and casuals alike who think a combination of the Spurs' second and third rate youth and lesser/protected picks are getting them a young, signed long term, (flawed) complimentary star.

When Stein says "barge", he's more than likely alluding to pulling in a third or maybe even fourth team to be able to contribute to supplying the 76ers with the type of package that would appeal to them.
    Tbh, the only way the Spurs' offer comes out on top is if the Sixers value getting multiple rotational pieces over a big name or a haul of draft picks. The Spurs don't have a player comparable to Haliburton or FVV and won't add more than one or two draft picks. What the Spurs can offer is three or four players who could add depth and a dash of draft sweetener. If that's not enough (and it probably won't be) then they're not getting him.

Getting third or fourth teams involved is immaterial to the discussion. If the Sixers want to flip pieces to find better fits, that's fine. But the basics of what the Spurs can/will offer remain the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on if Walker is just a body there or is adding value for Philly. He's from PA, so I could see that being appealing. But if he's just a contract, then the Spurs should absolutely add Hutchison into the deal instead and through in a second or whatever. Walker would have his best chance at exceling with Simmons, and even though Ben is actually a very good scorer for someone who can't score away from the rim, the Spurs should want his offense. Forbes is also a good fit, so losing Walker isn't the end of the world. Certainly from my perspective, if that deal is a guaranteed sell for Philly, I do it and feel lucky. They still have Young, Aminu and all of their picks to pursue another piece. Or they can play out the year to see what happens first.

Rotation (assuming they can keep Lonnie)

Simmons, Jones
    White, Forbes, Primo
    Walker, McDermott
    Johnson, Young, Aminu, Tolliver
    Eubanks, Landale, Collins, Reed

Wieskamp, Bates-Diop

Incomplete. It might be worth it to pursue a trade for like Dragic. But I'd be interested in seeing that team grow.
    samanic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuuuuck this noise.

This is a Kangz-level move, for real now. Y'all have been ing about the "inept FO" moves all off-season long - this is precisely the move an inept FO would do. I too don't buy all this noise and "sources", it's clear the clock is ticking out on Simmons and the Klutch media machine is hoping now more than ever for a bidding war, lest Simmons be on the roster still come training camp.

at naive posters thinking Simmons is a "first domino" and would attract "ring chasers" to SanAn. Insane that after so many years this fantasy is still going strong, for BEN SIMMONS nonetheless... Who's he gonna drag down here? Be ing real... Guy is hardly adequate as a #2 option, probably a #3, with the ego of a diva #1 to boot. Further at posters thinking his "issues are fixable", no they aren't - he literally shoots off the wrong ing hand still, at twenty- ing-five, be real. Chip could more easily get Poeltl shooting 3's than he would Simmons shooting them (matter-of-factly, Poeltl literally has a better jumper and touch than Simmons does, and I see nobody barking up that hopeless tree for some reason...).

Disgusting that it's even a consideration, can only hope it's media BS smoke and mirrors. Definitely would be my breaking point. Simmons and being locked into at least 4 years of mediocrity (the REAL mediocrity) paying his bum, beta ass $140 million dollars. I'd much, much rather bottom out and go get a player off the top lottery who isn't so fatally and fundamentally flawed in the most important aspect of the modern NBA as Simmons. Why do people even want him? You can't even play him for his defense in the 4th, he's been Hack-A-Shaq'd literally every single playoff series last season

Once again... this.
    Also a valid opinion, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not even getting in the ballpark (probably looking at multiple other 1sts; maybe Young going to a third team gets them another?) and I'd guess the Spurs would prioritize retaining most of the youth (save Murray, Poeltl, Walker IV) over draft picks and that, that would be the 76ers preferance too.

Same. Even though he's signed for 4 years, if you're trading for a star, especially one unlikely to be happy being traded here at least initially, you've got to start winning sooner than later.
    this is lunacy. im in bizarro world with you chinook and timvp just throwing around our young guys and hard won 1st rd picks all willy-nilly like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe this 100%. I also believe Spurs over value their players and won’t pay what Morey wants in a trade. Morey probably going to take that Kings offer. Makes sense to both teams if Simmons wants to play there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is lunacy. im in bizarro world with you chinook and timvp just throwing around our young guys and hard won 1st rd picks all willy-nilly like.
    To clarify, I'm just stating what it'd take to get a deal done. My initial feeling was to not do a deal for Simmons and I'm still leaning that way, tbh.

It would take four positive value players and a pick for the Spurs to enter this race, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuuuuck this noise.

Once again... this.
    This is the only post that needs to be read in here tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the big 3 era we used to make fun of guys like Derozan and Simmons and now those are the only players the spurs can get

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, the only way the Spurs' offer comes out on top is if the Sixers value getting multiple rotational pieces over a big name or a haul of draft picks. The Spurs don't have a player comparable to Haliburton or FVV and won't add more than one or two draft picks. What the Spurs can offer is three or four players who could add depth and a dash of draft sweetener. If that's not enough (and it probably won't be) then they're not getting him.

Getting third or fourth teams involved is immaterial to the discussion. If the Sixers want to flip pieces to find better fits, that's fine. But the basics of what the Spurs can/will offer remain the same.
    I doubt they'd be willing to include him, but White is comparable to Haliburton and Van Vleet.

As I've said, it's all about Lillard. If they think he's unlikely to ask out this season or that the Spurs and whatever other team(s) they could pull in could give them enough to remain pseudo contenders while having the capital to trade for him or disgruntled superstar/star TBD, I could see them pulling the trigger.

It's more than likely not only essential, but in bent on the Spurs to find that team(s).

I'm just stating what I think it'd take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying we should do a full gutting, but building a team around Simmons would be great. The guy is good and is a below average jumper away being legit stud. And an above average jumper from being a monster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To clarify, I'm just stating what it'd take to get a deal done. My initial feeling was to not do a deal for Simmons and I'm still leaning that way, tbh.

It would take four positive value players and a pick for the Spurs to enter this race, IMO.
    fair enough in your case, but as sugus so eloquently states, why not just dismiss it, and do so with malice aforethought?

maybe im still too butthurt about the nephew debacle but the idea of having another diva on the team that could at any point go toxic, quit supporting the team, want out, etc (ESPECIALLY given we arent a glamour city and his offensive production red flags he already displays with FG attempts and 4th quarter FT et al), I just dont comprehend it. the nephew crisis crashed us harder than we've been in 23 yrs. imagine 2 yrs down the road and Ben is either exactly the same player he is now or worse, which is just as likely an outcome and is miserable in SA, and PATFO cant get a candlestick in return? at that point, you quite literally put the long term future of the team in jeopardy.

long story short, there are simply too many glaring hazards to even consider getting involved in that id much prefer we just dismiss it. that said I understand the requirement you have for speculation so you get a pass for this insanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the big 3 era we used to make fun of guys like Derozan and Simmons and now those are the only players the spurs can get
    No lies told. Players who are flawless stars don’t come onto the market, and if they do, our entire roster wouldn’t be enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board provides the humor. First it was the months-long circle jerk over a picture of John Collins. Now it's an intense circle jerk over a picture of Ben Simmons. Return to the glory days! Get each other off, boys!

x 1,000,000,000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d have to talk to him about abandoning his left handed shooting. Tristan Thompson did when he got to the nba. Could shooting righty be any worse for him?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    the sniffers in here scoffing Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board provides the humor. First it was the months-long circle jerk over a picture of John Collins. Now it's an intense circle jerk over a picture of Ben Simmons. Return to the glory days! Get each other off, boys!

x 1,000,000,000

Son of a ,im in

Thread Information