My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This saga gets more entertaining by the day...lol

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s zero chance Simmons shows up in Philadelphia. Dude does not have the balls.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now Simmons is saying he is injured? Lol
    Time to doctor-shop until one agrees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Sixers are not trading him and forcing him to play? Simmons could just showup and do a Harden. I don’t knows what gives. Sixers cannot find the suitable offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Sixers are not trading him and forcing him to play? Simmons could just showup and do a Harden. I don’t knows what gives. Sixers cannot find the suitable offer?
    Jesus Christ, how many times does this have to be said? No one wants this up. I still can't believe people wasted weeks of their lives in this forum coming up with scenarios trading Spurs players. Good ing Lord.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the ramifications under the CBA? Not that he would ever walk away from his current contract, but could Simmons void the contract for the breach? I have no idea and I am sure the Sixers explored all of this in detail. Even though Morey is a jerk and I think this more likely hurts the Sixers in the long run, I love that someone in the NBA has a set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is not even a beta. He is a gamma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some who will see that the Spurs caved into Kawhi's demands and traded his ass for peanuts while the Sixers are playing hardball. I guess thats the difference between the cut-throat-numbers-only-matter at ude of a Daryl Morey vs the lets-set-a-team-building-culture as the key even as we get the right talent to win at ude of a PATFO. PATFO's time was up and they couldnt' continue the dream run into a third decade, but they have still got youngsters buying into hard work and skill development and I guess, the Spurs are also turning in a profit. The Sixers on the other hand, blatantly tanked to buy top end talent in the draft, playing miserable basketball and burning money in the process and then got so many Top 5 picks that it will take colossal mismanagement to screw things up. And that is precisely what they are doing now.

We can blame Simmons a lot for not developing a game beyond his talents, but the way the Sixers have gone about this, flows directly from the extremist approach of moneyball that Morey has promoted in this league. The Sixers are doomed now, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers fans still think they're getting Anthony Edwards from Minny, SGA from OKC, or Murray and White from the Spurs, etc. Pretty funny what a massive discrepancy there is between his perceived value they'll be lucky to get a Kawhi level package for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons looking to play the Kawhi card. Clever.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers fans still think they're getting Anthony Edwards from Minny, SGA from OKC, or Murray and White from the Spurs, etc. Pretty funny what a massive discrepancy there is between his perceived value they'll be lucky to get a Kawhi level package for him
    SGA?

SGA has to be one of the most valuable players in the league. They wouldn't get him for Embiid much less Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually simmons value technically might be higher than what Leonard was. Because we know he is not injured and in fact pretty damn healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually simmons value technically might be higher than what Leonard was. Because we know he is not injured and in fact pretty damn healthy.
    His brain is hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His brain is hurt.
    You mean his heart. He has feelings dammit!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, how many times does this have to be said? No one wants this up. I still can't believe people wasted weeks of their lives in this forum coming up with scenarios trading Spurs players. Good ing Lord.
    Say it louder in case the people in the back didn't hear.

Sixers aren't obligated to do . Simmons is under contract just like the Sixers, and has given no legitimate medical reason not to honor his contract other than whining about his sandy vagina. They are not at all obligated to trade him for junk just because he doesn't want to play for them anymore.

This will probably turn into some sort of a CBA battle about how his contract is scheduled and what level of involvement is acceptable, so not sure how this is going to really work out for Morey's long term plan, but I for one am glad to see them calling him on his bull and playing hard ball.

There are too many divas in the NBA who think they can sign these huge contracts then leave their old team sitting in the dust. Kawhi falls into that category, but at the least the Spurs were smart enough not to give him the bag as he burned all his bridges.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-01-2021 at 07:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His brain is hurt.
    I thinks he's butt hurt because they wont cave into his demands and trade him to where he wants to be traded to (probably one of the LA teams). Eventually the team will realize that they are better off without him no matter what they get for him. Its addition by subtraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This feels like a turning point in future CBA discussions. Absolutely deplorable behaviour by Simmons. As an Australian and an avid basketball fan, I hate to think of the future ramifications to this. This guy needs the Ben Affleck to Matt Damon speech from ‘Good Will Hunting’.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and is signed for 4 yrs instead of 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt like Doc was a straight up tactless in the post playoff interview answering questions like he did. If you wanted to get rid of Simmons, it was right there that the biggest up happened. Have Simmons' back in the interview to keep this exact situation from happening, and trade him for value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if if I'm wrong here....

Doc after Philly lost in playoffs: Simmons sucks, we're not winning him.

Philly Fans: He's right you know.

Simmons: Well fine, ing trade me.

Doc and Philly fans when Training camp starts: Why isn't Simmons here? We've done nothing but love him and have always wanted him to stay.

Thread Information