Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Terry had five seasons’ worth of comparable WS/40 to Ben Simmons. Such a magnificent player. Trade the entire roster for that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richaun Holmes. Comparable WS/40 to Ben Simmons. Should definitely be a top 3 player on a winning team! Worthy player to go after!!!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew this was the next response, that’s why I’m prepared.
    Then you should have used Porter/Ibaka the first time, rather than make a bunch of irrelevant comparisons.

Michael Porter Jr. Comparable WS/48 to Ben. Denver just gave the bag to this scrub. Let’s build around this idiot. NAH!

Serge Ibaka. IDENTICAL first five seasons WS/40 to Ben. Let’s build around him after his fifth season, and pay him the max. LMFAO.
    Porter is a meh comparison, his sample size isn't very large. Ibaka is better, he really did fall off after his first 5 seasons. There's no way to tell how old he really is, though.

You also need to realize that I didn't say Simmons's WS/48 makes him great. I said it means he isn't terrible. People are trying to act like he's some below replacement level scrub.

And at what point did I advocate for trading away the whole team for Simmons? I said if the price is right I'd pull the trigger. Right now that's in the vicinity of Murray/Young/Aminu/one first. Maybe throw in Walker or Vassell if the Sixers can add an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven Adams. Comparable WS/40 to Ben Simmons. No wonder some dumbass team overpaid him. They relied on WS/40. LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you should have used Porter/Ibaka the first time, rather than make a bunch of irrelevant comparisons.

Porter is a meh comparison, his sample size isn't very large. Ibaka is better, he really did fall off after his first 5 seasons. There's no way to tell how old he really is, though.

You also need to realize that I didn't say Simmons's WS/48 makes him great. I said it means he isn't terrible. People are trying to act like he's some below replacement level scrub.

And at what point did I advocate for trading away the whole team for Simmons? I said if the price is right I'd pull the trigger. Right now that's in the vicinity of Murray/Young/Aminu/one first. Maybe throw in Walker or Vassell if the Sixers can add an asset.
    It’s definitely relevant. As many will misuse the stat as an end all, be all thing to evaluate players. They do it all the time for current Spurs players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, Dejounte, you're the one who is guilty of using WS/48 and WS/48 only as a gauge of a player's worth. I never actually did that. I used that stat, along with Simmons's All-NBA and 2x All-Defensive nods, to make the argument that he isn't a terrible player. Go read my post again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s definitely relevant. As many will misuse the stat as an end all, be all thing to evaluate players. They do it all the time for current Spurs players.
    See, you're arguing against "they", not me. I did not at all use WS/48 in the way you describe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, Dejounte, you're the one who is guilty of using WS/48 and WS/48 only as a gauge of a player's worth. I never actually did that. I used that stat, along with Simmons's All-NBA and 2x All-Defensive nods, to make the argument that he isn't a terrible player. Go read my post again.
    Excuse my rant, really, whenever I see the WS/48 stat mentioned, I gnash my teeth. It’s less you and more other folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE: Ben’s accolades

When guys like Oladipo and Kemba have been All NBA. The award means less to me.

All defense… role players have won the award i.e. Ben Wallace and Marcus Smart so it doesn’t differentiate Ben much to me.

Im not saying Simmons is terrible. In fact, im not in the camp of “no Ben no matter what”. Just saying he’s a lot less ideal than people make him out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE: Ben’s accolades

When guys like Oladipo and Kemba have been All NBA. The award means less to me.

All defense… role players have won the award i.e. Ben Wallace and Marcus Smart so it doesn’t differentiate Ben much to me.

Im not saying Simmons is terrible. In fact, im not in the camp of “no Ben no matter what”. Just saying he’s a lot less ideal than people make him out to be.
    I think we agree more than we disagree. To me, Simmons would instantly be the best player on the team, and I don't think tanking is the answer to being compe ive. At least, not the only answer, and not the one I want the Spurs to choose unless forced to.

Simmons certainly has his flaws and would be harder to build around than most All-Stars. I think that for the right package he would raise both the team's floor and ceiling, and his salary is not at all bad in an absolute (as % of the cap) or relative (taking into account the Spurs' cap situation) sense. The 4 remaining years thing is a big positive in my mind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons is a really good player, but given his mental strength he is never gonna be a no.1 option. Couple with his salary, he is a no no on the Spurs at this moment. A guy earning at least 1.5 times than the next player on this team backs off from challenges, how would the young and role players behave. If you expect some one else to step up in crunch time how would that player feel? Especially when that player's contract extension is up and the team is still not contending, there is gonna be a lot of issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we agree more than we disagree. To me, Simmons would instantly be the best player on the team, and I don't think tanking is the answer to being compe ive. At least, not the only answer, and not the one I want the Spurs to choose unless forced to.

Simmons certainly has his flaws and would be harder to build around than most All-Stars. I think that for the right package he would raise both the team's floor and ceiling, and his salary is not at all bad in an absolute (as % of the cap) or relative (taking into account the Spurs' cap situation) sense. The 4 remaining years thing is a big positive in my mind.
    So where we’ll disagree is Ben’s status on this team if he was traded here. I’m of the opinion that he has reached his ceiling as a player and his skills (or lack thereof) will be exposed on a team that’s definitely going to be worse (fit-wise) than the Sixers. Simmons has reaped the benefits of having an All Star Center and the best 3 and D players around him and took it for granted. Given that, and all the baggage he brings with him makes it a questionable decision to even include two young Spurs for him. Two Spurs whom have shown actual leadership that Ben will probably never sniff in his career. I see an Ibaka-like stagnant career in Ben’s future.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If Spurs are offering Murray, White, Thad and a future 1st rounder for Simmons the 76ers are greedy asshats for not taking that deal. It makes sense for Spurs because they want a star player to surround talent with and for 76ers it makes sense because they are trading him out West to what looks to be not a contender. Murray has potential to be a star player. They are not going to get a star player back for Simmons unless Nets decide to part with Irving.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly hope we aren't offering BOTH Murray and White. I'd be willing to move one of them plus Thad and a pick for Simmons though Philly probably says no to just this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Walker, Young, Pick Bulls 25 - Simmons
    Murray, White, Keldon Johnson, Aminu - Simmons, Milton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Walker, Young, Pick Bulls 25 - Simmons
    Murray, White, Keldon Johnson, Aminu - Simmons, Milton
    With proposals like that 2nd one ur post count needs to never cross 30

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we'll am I bolded...n I didn't even have to get on my knees n ask for it as I never saw value in it. Oh n I'm a veteran when did all this happen? Well nice to be recognized thanks
    Last edited by ismael-robert; 10-03-2021 at 01:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons. Dude is a beta.
    Beta than anyone else on our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, you guys don't think simmons is going to have a huge statement year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, you guys don't think simmons is going to have a huge statement year?
    Actually it could go either way. He’s just as likely to be a wet fart for the season and fade into whiny territory

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here is where I have a problem with peoples thinking. I dont think he would would be the best player on the team. I believe that people massively overate how good he is because he was a pushed player on a good team. I would not trade DJM for him strait up. (yes I know salary does not match) I also believe DJM will have a longer career in the NBA.

Part of what you like about him is exactly what I dont like. max money is only meant for a few people in the league. I was against Collins this summer too because he is not a max player. He is better then Ben but even him I do not consider to be a max player. Haveing to have his contract on the team for 4 more years would hurt the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs are offering Murray, White, Thad and a future 1st rounder for Simmons the 76ers are greedy asshats for not taking that deal. It makes sense for Spurs because they want a star player to surround talent with and for 76ers it makes sense because they are trading him out West to what looks to be not a contender. Murray has potential to be a star player. They are not going to get a star player back for Simmons unless Nets decide to part with Irving.
    Spoiler alert:

The Spurs have offered none of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what his value is on the team. I think Murray/Young and Bulls pick would be the best the 76ers could get from anyone. It really comes down to if you think Hield is better than Murray. But we have the spacing for him now. And if Collins comes back healthy then that just adds another shooting by to our team (assuming Luka learns how to shoot).

Hypothetically, a White, Lonnie, KJ, Simmons, and Luka line up isn’t that bad. If anything it sounds pretty interesting. Especially with Poeltl, McBuckets, Vassell, Zollins as our bench

That being said I don’t want Simmons on this team. him. I’m all team tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert:

The Spurs have offered none of that.
    Do you know what they've offered? I really haven't seen a reliable link or source that claims to know. Have you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know what they've offered? I really haven't seen a reliable link or source that claims to know. Have you?
    Guessing his post was sarcasm ...

Thread Information