Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing I've been thinking about Ben and to his defense is that he has had the shooters around him but with Embiid with him how much has he ever been the focal point? I believe that first year when Embiid was recovering etc he did really well.

As a focal point he may be far better then we know at this stage of his career. With that being said, I'd trade for him as long as we kept Primo and KJ. Anyone else is varying tiers depending on what the return is. Preferably like to keep White with Ben, but if he had to go that's fine. Murray wouldn't fit with Ben at all but... it is what it is.

Ben Simmons
    Josh Primo
    Keldon Johnson
    Doug McDermott
    Yak Poetl

This definitely looks like a playoff team at least on paper. At the very least ben is a potential DPOY candidate and amazing at orchestrating an offense. Defensively he is ELITE. He is much better then Derozan as he's not a liability on Defense. Then you argue offensively Ben is a liability but then again in a meaningful game so is Demarr. lol
    Yak cannot be on the same floor with Simmons, or he would need to come off the bench. I’d play Jock or Luka at C until Zollins gets healthy. Watching the last 2 games, I’d seriously pursue Simmons tbh. It would take years to draft a top player and develop, and I don’t really see anyone from our roster being a tier 1 player, maybe Primo. KJ would have to really work on his mid-game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is the 19th highest paid player in the NBA. this is not a second star salary. Yes I realize Philly has 3 on the list.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/highest...053749702.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is the 19th highest paid player in the NBA. this is not a second star salary. Yes I realize Philly has 3 on the list.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/highest...053749702.html
    Did you actually read that list? Most contenders have multiple players in the top 25. Brooklyn, LAL and Philly have three. Most other playoff teams have 2. Unless you have a guy on a non-DPE second-year deal, you are likely not getting stars for cheaper than Simmons. He certainly can make what he does a second fiddle and be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing I've been thinking about Ben and to his defense is that he has had the shooters around him but with Embiid with him how much has he ever been the focal point? I believe that first year when Embiid was recovering etc he did really well.

As a focal point he may be far better then we know at this stage of his career. With that being said, I'd trade for him as long as we kept Primo and KJ. Anyone else is varying tiers depending on what the return is. Preferably like to keep White with Ben, but if he had to go that's fine. Murray wouldn't fit with Ben at all but... it is what it is.

Ben Simmons
    Josh Primo
    Keldon Johnson
    Doug McDermott
    Yak Poetl

This definitely looks like a playoff team at least on paper. At the very least ben is a potential DPOY candidate and amazing at orchestrating an offense. Defensively he is ELITE. He is much better then Derozan as he's not a liability on Defense. Then you argue offensively Ben is a liability but then again in a meaningful game so is Demarr. lol
    That team is still lottery bound and Primo is not seeing any real minutes this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has shooters lots of shooters on his team. I also said give me specific examples. I am also more talking about bigs since you said Embid was not a good fit for him. But the rest of the team is made up of shooters to make it work better for him.
    I’ll repeat this one more time, since you seem to have comprehension problems: he and Embiid need the exact same thing; shooters, and control of the ball. Bens USG is a tad over 20. Embiids is 35. There’s only one ball. He ain’t getting it. He wants out.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak cannot be on the same floor with Simmons, or he would need to come off the bench. I’d play Jock or Luka at C until Zollins gets healthy. Watching the last 2 games, I’d seriously pursue Simmons tbh. It would take years to draft a top player and develop, and I don’t really see anyone from our roster being a tier 1 player, maybe Primo. KJ would have to really work on his mid-game.
    Curious to see why you think him and yak wouldn't work....

For me it would work because Ben wouldn't be playing off ball all the time, he would be orchestrating the offense and be the focal point. The problem with Embiid was his gravity as a Number 1 option. Yak doesn't need the ball ever to produce. He's a pick and roll big who can play around the rim for drop offs like Tiago. It would be interesting to see the usage of the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious to see why you think him and yak wouldn't work....

For me it would work because Ben wouldn't be playing off ball all the time, he would be orchestrating the offense and be the focal point. The problem with Embiid was his gravity as a Number 1 option. Yak doesn't need the ball ever to produce. He's a pick and roll big who can play around the rim for drop offs like Tiago. It would be interesting to see the usage of the players.
    A Poeltl, Ben, Johnson front court won't work. If McDermott was there instead, i don't see the issues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll repeat this one more time, since you seem to have comprehension problems: he and Embiid need the exact same thing; shooters, and control of the ball. Bens USG is a tad over 20. Embiids is 35. There’s only one ball. He ain’t getting it. He wants out.
    All I ever hear is people say shooters. Philly has tons of shooters on the team. They built the team to have shooters on the team for Ben. That is precisely why I said give examples of players he would work with. Since it is so easily to build around him you should be able to provided a decent list of who would work well with him. You talk about me having comprehension problems but yet you have yet to be able to answer a specific question of who would work good with him? If you cant think of anyone then HE is the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons’ USG is low because of Ben Simmons, and not Embiid. The stat is largely determined by the number of field goals he takes and obviously we know his lack of aggression in scoring contributes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I ever hear is people say shooters. Philly has tons of shooters on the team. They built the team to have shooters on the team for Ben. That is precisely why I said give examples of players he would work with. Since it is so easily to build around him you should be able to provided a decent list of who would work well with him. You talk about me having comprehension problems but yet you have yet to be able to answer a specific question of who would work good with him? If you cant think of anyone then HE is the problem.
    They never built the team for Ben. It was built for Joel. Look at the USG: Joel 35, Ben 20.4. Basically, Joel gets SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT more touches than Ben, and Philly wants Ben to be OK with that.

I’ve ignored your question because it’s moronic. When you’re hypotheticizing, you use hypothetical players. You say “a shooter” rather than Steph Curry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you actually read that list? Most contenders have multiple players in the top 25. Brooklyn, LAL and Philly have three. Most other playoff teams have 2. Unless you have a guy on a non-DPE second-year deal, you are likely not getting stars for cheaper than Simmons. He certainly can make what he does a second fiddle and be fine.
    Yes I did look at the list and I know most top teams will have more then 1 on it. However Philly has 3 and has not made it to the finals. and before you say Brooklyn. They have for 1 season (and not even a full season) and had a weird season and they also had lots of injuries. The only time Philly made it to the eastern conference championship Ben was not playing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never built the team for Ben. It was built for Joel. Look at the USG: Joel 35, Ben 20.4. Basically, Joel gets SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT more touches than Ben, and Philly wants Ben to be OK with that.

I’ve ignored your question because it’s moronic. When you’re hypotheticizing, you use hypothetical players. You say “a shooter” rather than Steph Curry.

Embid seems to think different. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ound-pgs-needs

Usg rate is a really poor stat to look at as even you say he is a distributor and defender. Usg is based mostly on shots. Since he does not shoot some because he is unwilling his USG rate will be lower.

When the hypothetical player is already on his team and your saying he is not a good fit you need to give examples of players that would fit. Embid is a good 3 pt shoot. Since I have asked for a Center and you come with Curry your reading comprehension must be really poor. Either that or you dont understand that Curry does not play Center. BTW Curry is more ball dominate then Embid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You’re using the stat wrong, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embid seems to think different. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ound-pgs-needs

Usg rate is a really poor stat to look at as even you say he is a distributor and defender. Usg is based mostly on shots. Since he does not shoot some because he is unwilling his USG rate will be lower.

When the hypothetical player is already on his team and your saying he is not a good fit you need to give examples of players that would fit. Embid is a good 3 pt shoot. Since I have asked for a Center and you come with Curry your reading comprehension must be really poor. Either that or you dont understand that Curry does not play Center. BTW Curry is more ball dominate then Embid.
    USG = any possession by a player that ends in a shot, an assist or a TO. That accounts for assists, but thanks for letting us know how little you know about the stat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don’t listen to that ing idiot who keeps misusing the stat.

Here’s the actual formula, and not a simplified version that’s making him misunderstand what the stat means.

Usg% - Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (TmMP / 5)) / (MP * (TmFGA + 0.44 * TmFTA + TmTOV)).

the player’s own FG attempts IS accounted for. This dumbass doesn’t realize that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USG = any possession by a player that ends in a shot, an assist or a TO. That accounts for assists, but thanks for letting us know how little you know about the stat.
    Reading comprehension. Dont see AST anywhere in the formula.

Usg% - Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV)). Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../glossary.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Charania, the 76ers offered up Simmons for McCollum, three first-round picks and three pick swaps but the Blazers said no.… Morey’s proposals are so ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Charania, the 76ers offered up Simmons for McCollum, three first-round picks and three pick swaps but the Blazers said no.… Morey’s proposals are so ridiculous.
    I would take McCollum over Simmons any day; the picks and swaps should go the other way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I did look at the list and I know most top teams will have more then 1 on it. However Philly has 3 and has not made it to the finals. and before you say Brooklyn. They have for 1 season (and not even a full season) and had a weird season and they also had lots of injuries. The only time Philly made it to the eastern conference championship Ben was not playing.
    That doesn't mean anything. Your point was that Simmons being the 19th-highest-paid player is too much for a second option. I'm assuming you mean second option on a contender, since he'd the the best player on this team any many others. The issue is that contenders have multiple players making more than Ben and if they don't it's only because their guys are on rookie deals or maxes that keep their salary lower than Simmons. Like for Utah, both of their best players are going to be on huge maxes. Their deals just happen to not be bigger than Simmons' this season. Denver signed Jokic earlier, and Murray signed the same contract but didn't meet the requires ... because he's not as good as Simmons. If the Spurs draft some superstar and also trade for Simmons or get Simmons and bring in some guy making more money or whatever, it wouldn't be a big deal for Ben to be on his contract. You can't moneyball in the NBA. It doesn't work. You pay out the nose and you gun for it when you can. Ultimately, even a marginal increase is worth a ton of money in a league with a soft cap and max contracts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you lead NBA in USG it means you have to pass more. The way I understand it.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Poeltl, Ben, Johnson front court won't work. If McDermott was there instead, i don't see the issues.
    He's a point..?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has played some point forward the last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take McCollum over Simmons any day; the picks and swaps should go the other way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, check out McCollum's playoff stats. Only thing Simmons has over him is he's younger and his defense, and his defense is wildly overrated. Plus he can't play down the stretch. Philly with McCollum would be savage. Simmons doesn't even fit Portland that well.

Thread Information