Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, check out McCollum's playoff stats. Only thing Simmons has over him is he's younger and his defense, and his defense is wildly overrated. Plus he can't play down the stretch. Philly with McCollum would be savage. Simmons doesn't even fit Portland that well.
    Hard disagree. Simmons D is the best in the league. Can and will guard 5 to 1. Will only struggling guarding the best 5, which is like 5 teams. You can play Simmons down the stretch. We are talking about one really bad playoff run by him. That points to something was happening in the locker room.

Put it this way, if you can play Poeltl down the stretch, then you can play Simmons.

Finally, we have seen the best of Mccollum. He isn't getting any better. He isn't a good number 2.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I suppose.
    Sorry if that was a y thing to say, I was tired last night and you are a very respectable poster... Anyhow, I think ideally if Morey wasn't being such a buffoon and he could be had, I'd slot him at the point and play with size.

But I've been going back and forth with this. I kind of want to see what we got. A player like Ben has some kind of gravity to him and I know he could help this reimagining of the bgame but you wonder if the ball stops and what does he do when he's open from three... It is what it is. Still think once we get a better idea of what we have that we need to cash in so to speak. We have a glut of wings and bottom line is Primo needs minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if that was a y thing to say, I was tired last night and you are a very respectable poster... Anyhow, I think ideally if Morey wasn't being such a buffoon and he could be had, I'd slot him at the point and play with size.

But I've been going back and forth with this. I kind of want to see what we got. A player like Ben has some kind of gravity to him and I know he could help this reimagining of the bgame but you wonder if the ball stops and what does he do when he's open from three... It is what it is. Still think once we get a better idea of what we have that we need to cash in so to speak. We have a glut of wings and bottom line is Primo needs minutes.
    Primo will get all the minutes he desires leading the Austin Spurs. If you want Simmons it’ll take two of DJ/White/Keldon, Thad plus minimum 2 draft picks with little to no protection. May I remind you we are lottery bound so losing those pics will be painful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's okay. I don't see Simmons as a pure point. I think guards in general are still needed. They move off the ball quicker, move around screens quicker, dribble quicker, drive quicker, etc. Take LeBron for example, he always wanted more point guards on his team. It's like every trade deadline he wanted another point guard. Going forward, i see simmons as a point 4.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's okay. I don't see Simmons as a pure point. I think guards in general are still needed. They move off the ball quicker, move around screens quicker, dribble quicker, drive quicker, etc. Take LeBron for example, he always wanted more point guards on his team. It's like every trade deadline he wanted another point guard. Going forward, i see simmons as a point 4.
    fair enough. I don't really want Ben... it's more of a "so readily available thing." I think a dynamic big with experience would be better. I like our kids right now and need to see more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard disagree. Simmons D is the best in the league. Can and will guard 5 to 1.
    Lol, what the bro. This thread is ing hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d trade everyone on the Spurs roster minus Forbes for Simmons. We need Forbes to stretch the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is just another in the long line of this board getting obsessed with players. That player is suddenly GOD and can SOLVE ALL ISSUES. Earlier in the summer it was John Collins WHO WAS GOD and can SOLVE ALL ISSUES. Then he resigned and no one talks about him anymore. Y'all wildly overrating the dude as bad as you did Collins and Markkannen and... and... and...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is just another in the long line of this board getting obsessed with players. That player is suddenly GOD and can SOLVE ALL ISSUES. Earlier in the summer it was John Collins WHO WAS GOD and can SOLVE ALL ISSUES. Then he resigned and no one talks about him anymore. Y'all wildly overrating the dude as bad as you did Collins and Markkannen and... and... and...
    I hated Markkanen from the get go. To much Samanic energy. I was on board with JCollins, but not overboard. Simmons is on another level from both of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think a single player on this board said any of those players were "GODS" who could solve all issues that's just weird hyperbole you're making up tbh.

People talked about Lauri and Collins because they were FAs and we had cap space...why you rag on people for having discussions on a message board i don't really understand. And no one talks about them because they signed with other teams. Why would we keep discussing them?

No one is obsessed with Simmons. Rumors abound that the Spurs were interested in a young all-star that wanted out, so there's a thread where people are discussing it. Anything else is a weird spin/take on this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated Markkanen from the get go. To much Samanic energy. I was on board with JCollins, but not overboard. Simmons is on another level from both of those guys.
    I'll put Simmons' incredible deficits as a human being and compe ive player aside. He is a good player. But he's insanely overpaid. He is terrible in many facets of the game. He's a horrible fit for any developing team and even worse on the Spurs. And he does absolutey -all to improve this team above where we are now. And then we get into character issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think a single player on this board said any of those players were "GODS" who could solve all issues that's just weird hyperbole you're making up tbh.

People talked about Lauri and Collins because they were FAs and we had cap space...why you rag on people for having discussions on a message board i don't really understand. And no one talks about them because they signed with other teams. Why would we keep discussing them?

No one is obsessed with Simmons. Rumors abound that the Spurs were interested in a young all-star that wanted out, so there's a thread where people are discussing it. Anything else is a weird spin/take on this thread
    Dude, this is my point. People were OBSESSED with Collins. They absolutely DID believe he was the god that solved all problems. It's exactly the stupid nonsense that's centering around this choad. People on this board go tunnel vision. Incapable of evaluating needs, skills, character, anything else, they start imagining this golden future where this player of their made-up dreams is the salve to all poisons. It's absurd every time it comes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, this is my point. People were OBSESSED with Collins. They absolutely DID believe he was the god that solved all problems. It's exactly the stupid nonsense that's centering around this choad. People on this board go tunnel vision. Incapable of evaluating needs, skills, character, anything else, they start imagining this golden future where this player of their made-up dreams is the salve to all poisons. It's absurd every time it comes up.
    We're a team devoid of talent. to me it's moreso posters wanting the team to acquire talent and worry about the fit later. worry abut needs, fits, etc, seems pointless when we need basically everything. And again ,those two players were two of the marquee free agents this year that people thought we might have a legit shot of getting given the price tag. i really dont think anyone here expected John Collins to become David Robinson if he signed here. Fans want to see the team make moves to contend. i don't think that's so unreasonable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like AK47 all over again...how many more pages to go??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll put Simmons' incredible deficits as a human being and compe ive player aside. He is a good player. But he's insanely overpaid. He is terrible in many facets of the game. He's a horrible fit for any developing team and even worse on the Spurs. And he does absolutey -all to improve this team above where we are now. And then we get into character issues.
    He’s terrible at exactly one facet of the game. He’s an outstanding distributor, rebounder, and defender, and those qualities have put him on 3 AS teams, 2 All D teams, and one all NBA team. You don’t make any of those with multiple huge holes in your game.

I get that you don’t want him here, but flat lying and making up isn’t helping your case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol returning to Philly after all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey thinks Simmons value is going to go up while he pulls a Harden on the court and is already checked out? Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey thinks Simmons value is going to go up while he pulls a Harden on the court and is already checked out? Lmao
    This. He’s not going to reconcile with the team. He’s not going to improve his value. He may even damage it more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This might be the better comparison than that of James Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s terrible at exactly one facet of the game. He’s an outstanding distributor, rebounder, and defender, and those qualities have put him on 3 AS teams, 2 All D teams, and one all NBA team. You don’t make any of those with multiple huge holes in your game.

I get that you don’t want him here, but flat lying and making up isn’t helping your case.
    We know that defensive awards are complete , right? They're the worst awards in the league. Murray got one his first year. Duncan never won DPOY. They gave DPOY one year to Marcus ing Camby. They're the idiot box of NBA awards.

Meanwhile, sure, he can rebound, but so can Westbrook. Getting rebounds for guards ain't that hard nowadays. So, sure. Big applause.

The guy is a worse free throw shooter than Jakob Poeltl. He can't shoot a lick. And he can't be played down the stretch because he can't shoot.

C'mon, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is more a favor to Simmons. Rich Paul is freaking out because his money is drying up. No one wants Simmons if he won't even show up to play. Once Harden showed up, he got traded. Teams need at least some guarantee that the player isn't a total nutjob and wants to play basketball. This is Philly trying to help a stupid, stupid, stupid player out. And for once in his life Rich Paul is acting like a professional, because he needs his money.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol returning to Philly after all that.

I can't wait to see the reception he gets. That's going to be some must see .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons needs a better money man if he is hurting with this holdout. I’m pretty sure he’ll be okay financially

Thread Information