Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This board provides the humor. First it was the months-long circle jerk over a picture of John Collins. Now it's an intense circle jerk over a picture of Ben Simmons. Return to the glory days! Get each other off, boys!

x 1,000,000,000
    congrats, that's the point of a message board dumbass. i suppose you think sniffing Bright Wright's ass and posting terrible take after terrible take doesnt make you look like a re also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is lunacy. im in bizarro world with you chinook and timvp just throwing around our young guys and hard won 1st rd picks all willy-nilly like.
    The team gets a first-rounder every year. Those aren't "hard one", and I've made my views on young guys clear multiple times. One of the best things about this trade is that it gets rid of some of them. The team has to cycle through prospects and be willing to shuffle out guys when they become obsolete. I'm looking at the bush of guards on the team and thinking, "Yeah, if pruning a couple of the weaker branches and tossing in some dirt gets a new horse, I'm happy to do it." I damned sure don't want to see Primo in Austin for two years because the team has "too many guys who need minutes to develop." That doesn't mean there's not a threshold where the price is too high. But I would rather the team know when you move on rather than cling to potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congrats, that's the point of a message board dumbass. i suppose you think sniffing Bright Wright's ass and posting terrible take after terrible take doesnt make you look like a re also
    Yeah, there's this weird sniffing counter-culture where guys act like edgelords about dumb like posters speculating about free agents or trades. "You losers are so naive talking about how the team could possibly be better. You should just accept the status quo and convince yourself it's worth giving your life to defend like I have."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I think this board is more idiotic than pretty much any other NBA board. Every one has its clowns, but here the clowns have this multicolored jack off display on a regular basis. It's very amusing. What's great about this place is no one seems to have any notion of what the Spurs are as a team and a franchise. It's like you have to hit yourself over the head with a mallet at least two hundred times. It's pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's this weird sniffing counter-culture where guys act like edgelords about dumb like posters speculating about free agents or trades. "You losers are so naive talking about how the team could possibly be better. You should just accept the status quo and convince yourself it's worth giving your life to defend like I have."
    I mean, everyone's falling in love with barely-a-star malcontent diva who hasn't improved a notch since he came into the league, couldn't deliver wins at LSU, has been dragged to wins by Embiid, quit on his mother ing Australian team -- when a few years ago we were adoring Manu for never quitting on his Argentinian team.

I think you all are aliens. Mental case aliens. This performance is 1000% embarrassing and y'all should take some stock in yourselves.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, everyone's falling in love with barely-a-star malcontent diva who hasn't improved a notch since he came into the league, couldn't deliver wins at LSU, has been dragged to wins by Embiid, quit on his mother ing Australian team -- when a few years ago we were adoring Manu for never quitting on his Argentinian team.

I think you all are aliens. Mental case aliens. This performance is 1000% embarrassing and y'all should take some stock in yourselves.
    No one is falling in love with Ben Simmons. If the Spurs can get him for Murray plus the Chicago pick plus crap like Walker and such obviously they should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team gets a first-rounder every year. Those aren't "hard one", and I've made my views on young guys clear multiple times. One of the best things about this trade is that it gets rid of some of them. The team has to cycle through prospects and be willing to shuffle out guys when they become obsolete. I'm looking at the bush of guards on the team and thinking, "Yeah, if pruning a couple of the weaker branches and tossing in some dirt gets a new horse, I'm happy to do it." I damned sure don't want to see Primo in Austin for two years because the team has "too many guys who need minutes to develop." That doesn't mean there's not a threshold where the price is too high. But I would rather the team know when you move on rather than cling to potential.
    I'm clearly referencing the Bulls picks that are a long time coming from the nephew disaster. If we can still get something from that we should keep it unless a clear no brainer presents itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is falling in love with Ben Simmons. If the Spurs can get him for Murray plus the Chicago pick plus crap like Walker and such obviously they should.
    No they should not. That's part of the point. Two problems with the dialog in this thread and elsewhere:

1) No one seems to realize the market for Ben Simmons is really low. Catastrophically low, if you're Philadelphia. People are putting together these outragenous packages and Philly would be lucky to get rid of him right now. He's destined for Minnesota. They're made for each other and no one will ever hear from him again.

2) I would only accept draft picks to take on Ben Simmons. No way would I give up good young players or draft picks of my own. He's deadweight as a contract right now at best. A horrendous malconent who just wants to party and claims he'll only play in California. WTF people? I seriously think people don't know how to read or don't know anything about basketball or the Spurs.

Now... the second part is my opinion, but no, not 'obviously' would you trade anything for him. He wrecks your team chemistry, not to mention what a wreck he is on the floor. Can't even play him in crunch time! What the ? If DDR got hammered for not shooting threes, how are you choads gonna love having a guy who won't even shoot layups, much less a jumper?

Ell Oh Ell

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why give up a ton for Simmons, one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time?

There is a big risk of him being a new Nick Anderson, whose career was obliterated by his choking. A very good starter evaporated. Simmons after that colossal choke is primed for collapse, he doesn't work on his game and refuses to try to improve.

Murray, Walker, and Aminu with a lotto protected first is about all he's worth, and that might be a overpay. Murray at least gets better every year.

And if Simmons can't get the team to the playoffs he's not worth a trade, that's why picks have to be protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they should not. That's part of the point. Two problems with the dialog in this thread and elsewhere:

1) No one seems to realize the market for Ben Simmons is really low. Catastrophically low, if you're Philadelphia. People are putting together these outragenous packages and Philly would be lucky to get rid of him right now. He's destined for Minnesota. They're made for each other and no one will ever hear from him again.

2) I would only accept draft picks to take on Ben Simmons. No way would I give up good young players or draft picks of my own. He's deadweight as a contract right now at best. A horrendous malconent who just wants to party and claims he'll only play in California. WTF people? I seriously think people don't know how to read or don't know anything about basketball or the Spurs.

Now... the second part is my opinion, but no, not 'obviously' would you trade anything for him. He wrecks your team chemistry, not to mention what a wreck he is on the floor. Can't even play him in crunch time! What the ? If DDR got hammered for not shooting threes, how are you choads gonna love having a guy who won't even shoot layups, much less a jumper?

Ell Oh Ell
    So Dejounte Murray is better than Ben Simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ell Oh Ell
    So Dejounte Murray is better than Ben Simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is a big risk of him being a new Nick Anderson, whose career was obliterated by his choking. A very good starter evaporated. Simmons after that colossal choke is primed for collapse, he doesn't work on his game and refuses to try to improve.

Murray, Walker, and Aminu with a lotto protected first is about all he's worth, and that might be a overpay. Murray at least gets better every year.

And if Simmons can't get the team to the playoffs he's not worth a trade, that's why picks have to be protected.
    That's the kind of trade I'm talking about. Murray, the Chicago pick (with all its protection), and crap like Walker and Aminu. If they want White, Poetl, or even Young they can off. Same if they want one of the Spurs own picks unless there is a really large amount of protection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something has to shake out regardless. Spurs have a roster crunch with 17 players for slots.

Basically a 3-1 type trade in terms of players makes some sense.

Aminu, Murray, Poertl (preferably Walker) and Bulls 1 for Simmons?

Gotta think Aminu is involved in any trade salary wise regardless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people want to include Poeltl? Spurs have no other proven bigs. Londale is a question mark, Eubanks is a third stringer, and Zollins is unable to walk, he was hanging out at summer league riding around on a mobility scooter because he has to stay off the feet.

Maybe I could see working GS into it and swapping Poeltl for Wiseman. Wiseman is worse, but theoretically has spacing to add to fit with Simmons and Poeltl would have a ton of shooting around him. Might need more from GS because of how good he'd be for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is lunacy. im in bizarro world with you chinook and timvp just throwing around our young guys and hard won 1st rd picks all willy-nilly like.
    The people who feel like they are the smartest in the room feel like they have to make statements like they are the smartest in the room.
    No matter how misguided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There couldn't be more red flags hovering all around Simmons. Came into the league a finished product, but supposedly with "sky-high" room for growth. Proceeded to coast off athleticism and get himself a huge bag, to then not work on a SINGLE THING about his offensive game (yes, his defense has gotten better, but it's just as worthless as DeRozan's offense was when you're such an incredible negative on the other side of the floor, whichever side it is). Arguably shoots less now than he came into the league, in maybe the most shooting-inclined league in the entire world. Doesn't recognize his true position of PF and demands having a ball-handling role, when a Simmons-handling PnR is the least threatening one in the entire league. Severely lacking in offensive IQ, can't recognize how he's hurting his team nor how he can help them, it was painfully obvious in Philly year after year - multiple video compilations online of Simmons doing nothing on offense.

Then, after getting embarrassingly exposed in the POs for being the exact same flaw of a player he's always been, proceeds to go dark, cut off comms with his entire team and org (sound familiar y'all?? Insane that some of you want to go through this, again), while Embiid spends all off-season on the Sixers' training facility working on his game and conditioning. And, to top it all off, he demands to be traded off the team, and not to any team, but a specific list of, LA-centric, shortlist.

My god. Let some other, more desperate team have him, Spurs are in need of talent but not this badly. And especially not such fundamentally flawed talent.
    This man gets it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this. Several of the “young guys” have aged out or are aging out of being prospects here soon. Time to trim the herd and get value.

Rinse and repeat, until you get land 2.5 foundational pieces to build around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, Walker, pick and salary ballast would be great, put probably only the entry point for discussion with PHI.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people want to include Poeltl? Spurs have no other proven bigs. Londale is a question mark, Eubanks is a third stringer, and Zollins is unable to walk, he was hanging out at summer league riding around on a mobility scooter because he has to stay off the feet.

Maybe I could see working GS into it and swapping Poeltl for Wiseman. Wiseman is worse, but theoretically has spacing to add to fit with Simmons and Poeltl would have a ton of shooting around him. Might need more from GS because of how good he'd be for them.
    I think it’s the poor fit next to Simmons. But the Sixers have no need for Poeltl either.

Poeltl on the Warriors would be outstanding for them (if Draymond was the 30%+ from three version of himself)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is easier to build around. The team would be more up tempo but they will lack a go get a basket scorer.
    +1 also think white can be that scorer until a youth like primo gets better or they find a FA to add on. so i think its important they keep white.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing wrong talking hypotheticals

BUT

I see this guy as a locker room cancer.

He is due insane money and isn't desperate, there is going to be zero interest on Simmons part to change.

Chip isn't helping his shot.
    Pop can't go talking family and influence a change.

How he fits this teams culture would be a mystery.

The only interest should be the spurs partaking in helping a 3+ team trade facilitating the move of Simmons so long as it warrants assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way 76ers want Poodle. They got two huge centers already. Maybe Spurs flip add a third team that includes a draft picks for Poodle. I still think the package is DJ or White, Chicago Bulls players filler, two of Lonnie, Vessell, Tre Jones, Luka with a draft pick. Spurs gotta keep Keldon to play with Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kristaps anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been thinking they are trying to get him tbh. Don't forget the Spurs also aquired 2 high 2nd rounders, which are basically the same worth like the 30th pick. Seems to me like they are trying to flip Young to get another 1st rounder for the Simmons sweep stakes or Philly could be interested in adding him as a bench piece.

I'm ok with getting him if we don't give up too much, only because we got Chip Engelland.

Spurs would probably offer something like Murray, Walker, Young, Chicagos 1st and two 2022 2nds

Sixers probably want White, Keldon, Young, Chicagos 1st, two Spurs 1sts

I also think Philly would be interested in White + Murray + picks and Brian Wright better tells them no

if this happens it's most likely a 3-team deal. Depends on what you give up to get him. It's that simple. No need to freak out people.
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 08-20-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a three team trade?

IND: Murray & Samanic
    PHI: Brogdon, Young, SAS 1st, & SAS 2nd
    SAS: Simmons

Thread Information