Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea sixers arent dealing simmons for a package around dejounte. Regardless of what we feel ben's value is morey isnt dumping him for our peanuts
    DJ is actually playing good basketball right now, his jumpers are falling, really worked hard on them over the Summer, and he has that focus in him (looks like he is proving his naysayers amidst the trade talks) . I wouldn’t be surprised if Sixers take a 2nd look. To me he’s a very good player who can help the Sixers forward, plus Young’s vet experience and defense, the good prospect on Lonnie becoming a very good player, plus Bulls 1st pick. I think Spurs’ offer beats everybody else’s, imo.
    Last edited by John B; 10-14-2021 at 02:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is actually playing good basketball right now, his jumpers are falling, really worked hard on them over the Summer, and he has that focus in him (looks like he is proving his naysayers amidst the trade talks) . I wouldn’t be surprised if Sixers take a 2nd look. To me he’s a very good player who can help the Sixers forward, plus Young’s vet experience and defense, the good prospect on Lonnie becoming a very good player, plus Bulls 1st pick. I think Spurs’ offer beats everybody else’s, imo.
    Sacramento took their top 2 players off the table, as did Minny. We’re the only ones offering a top or top two player.

Lonnie probably isn’t of much interest to the, other than maybe a local boy makes good gate draw. He looks to top out at bench scoring punch at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who on the spurs is better than b simmons?
    DJM is
    KJ probably will be.
    we have a lot of young players so who knows which of them will break out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM is
    KJ probably will be.
    Don’t get your hate on Simmons cloud your judgement Simmons is 3x All-Star, 2x All NBA Defensive Team. Right now, nobody in Spurs is better than him, maybe potentially but not right now

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM is
    KJ probably will be.
    If DJ was actually better than Simmons why wouldn't Philly jump at taking him?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ has looked improved. I know everyone is talking about Primo but this could be DJ’s year. Not expecting a huge leap, but I expect this to be his best year. But hey, we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We will see jb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would think that the play of simmons, along with the records of either the blazers or wizards around the month of December will have an impact on how this all plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would think that the play of simmons, along with the records of either the blazers or wizards around the month of December will have an impact on how this all plays out.
    Wizards will suck, but they won’t trade Beal. Blazers will be in the playoff hunt, and if Dame wanted out, he would have asked by now. The determining factor will be when Morey realizes that he’s not getting 3 first rounders and 3 pick swaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards will suck, but they won’t trade Beal. Blazers will be in the playoff hunt, and if Dame wanted out, he would have asked by now. The determining factor will be when Morey realizes that he’s not getting 3 first rounders and 3 pick swaps.
    a very likely scenario but clouding the future of how this unfolds. of course, morey is full of himself so his own hubris will also be a factor.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ has looked improved. I know everyone is talking about Primo but this could be DJ’s year. Not expecting a huge leap, but I expect this to be his best year. But hey, we’ll see.
    I'm expecting a pretty big leap since he's the best player on the team now and someone has to score. Of course a mostly empty stat leap that'll make everyone overrate the out of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Murray always plays well in the preseason. Remember, he looked great before he tore his ACL back in 2018. We should all hope he does fade back into mediocrity or net-negativity like he has done the last two seasons. But he has a long way to go to reach the All-NBA level Simmons basically came out of the womb at. They haven't been close historically, and despite "eye-testing" aspects one can point to, Murray's yet to markedly improve his impact on the court from his sop re year. Scoring 25 points on middle efficiency while dominating the ball and having a negative net-rating isn't the goal. His issues have literally never been about how much he touched the ball or what option he was offensively. So he's going to have to improve well beyond any leap he's ever taken before anyone can compare him to Simmons.

Let's hope that happens, as I don't see any benefit to wanting him not to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder what it would take for chinook to get on the murray > white train

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Murray always plays well in the preseason. Remember, he looked great before he tore his ACL back in 2018. We should all hope he does fade back into mediocrity or net-negativity like he has done the last two seasons. But he has a long way to go to reach the All-NBA level Simmons basically came out of the womb at. They haven't been close historically, and despite "eye-testing" aspects one can point to, Murray's yet to markedly improve his impact on the court from his sop re year. Scoring 25 points on middle efficiency while dominating the ball and having a negative net-rating isn't the goal. His issues have literally never been about how much he touched the ball or what option he was offensively. So he's going to have to improve well beyond any leap he's ever taken before anyone can compare him to Simmons.

Let's hope that happens, as I don't see any benefit to wanting him not to succeed.
    IIRC, he was dog last preseason, which gives some context for my thought that he was looking better. But overall, yeah, BS is a much more dynamic talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ > Simons for the simple fact DJ doesn’t have to be benched in the clutch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, he was dog last preseason, which gives some context for my thought that he was looking better. But overall, yeah, BS is a much more dynamic talent.
    I did basically forget that there was a pre-season last year. But in terms of the regular season, he definitely played better in the first half than the second. It's clear he works really hard during the off-season on becoming a better one-on-one scorer. Those efforts pay off in an eye-test sense at least. But he also tends to fade as the rest of the team adjusts to the year. Maybe that was something due to vets needing time to reestablish themselves. Or maybe it's because of young players adjusting. Dunno. But I do know that the Spurs will need him to be consistently good if they're going to stay out of the basement, in addition to all the other factors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder what it would take for chinook to get on the murray > white train
    I know you think everyone loves White because of a playoff game or whatever. But Derrick's been better than Murray for years now, and that didn't stop just because he got hurt. I don't mean that "I'm holding out hope that White can have a healthy season and show he's better than Murray." I mean, "Even with his injuries, White is better than Murray." An idealized game-whatever version of White that you think people are clinging to would be a superstar. No one expects him to be that -- definitely more people expect Murray to be that guy on this forum. What I think most people are hoping for is a guy in the 18ppg range with good shooting, play-making and All-Defense --caliber play on that end. It would be nice if he were in the low-20s -- that might make him good enough to be an All-Star in a weak year. But don't confuse me with a guy who thought White was the best player on the team the last couple of years.

Anyway, I don't hate Murray by any means. We've gone over this. I think he'd be great on another team. I think the team should trade him, but they should also get a high price for him, because he's a good player who doesn't fit on the roster. That's not a White thing though. Even if Derrick were traded, I'd still think Murray would need to be moved. That's because of his relationship with the team and its culture, not so that White can be a star or whatever. All that said, DeJounte's been through a lot recently. I wouldn't want the team to force him in a deal right now. A good deal that puts him in a good situation and gives the Spurs a good return? Sure. But if Pop wants DJM to be there for his last season, that's okay too.

Still, he and White don't have my trust as a starting duo. If Murray is going to be on the team and if White is going to be shaky, then Derrick needs to come off the bench and at least one of the many two-guard prospects the team has should be starting instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you think everyone loves White because of a playoff game or whatever. But Derrick's been better than Murray for years now, and that didn't stop just because he got hurt. I don't mean that "I'm holding out hope that White can have a healthy season and show he's better than Murray." I mean, "Even with his injuries, White is better than Murray." An idealized game-whatever version of White that you think people are clinging to would be a superstar. No one expects him to be that -- definitely more people expect Murray to be that guy on this forum. What I think most people are hoping for is a guy in the 18ppg range with good shooting, play-making and All-Defense --caliber play on that end. It would be nice if he were in the low-20s -- that might make him good enough to be an All-Star in a weak year. But don't confuse me with a guy who thought White was the best player on the team the last couple of years.

Anyway, I don't hate Murray by any means. We've gone over this. I think he'd be great on another team. I think the team should trade him, but they should also get a high price for him, because he's a good player who doesn't fit on the roster. That's not a White thing though. Even if Derrick were traded, I'd still think Murray would need to be moved. That's because of his relationship with the team and its culture, not so that White can be a star or whatever. All that said, DeJounte's been through a lot recently. I wouldn't want the team to force him in a deal right now. A good deal that puts him in a good situation and gives the Spurs a good return? Sure. But if Pop wants DJM to be there for his last season, that's okay too.

Still, he and White don't have my trust as a starting duo. If Murray is going to be on the team and if White is going to be shaky, then Derrick needs to come off the bench and at least one of the many two-guard prospects the team has should be starting instead.
    Derrick just hasn't looked right for a while now, and not just from a health standpoint. He lacks confidence with the ball and generally looks shaky when trying to get his. Main improvement has been the quicker release on outside shots but they haven't really been falling anyway. His defense hasn't really been difference making for a while now either.

If you asked me this question a year ago or more, I think i was always pretty consistent that I thought White was the better player, but I don't feel that way anymore, and they really appear to be on different trajectories. Murray's defense is better right now (his DRPM was substantially higher than White's), and he's added to his offense each year, whereas White has been stuck in neutral at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is not a better player than Simmons lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t get your hate on Simmons cloud your judgement Simmons is 3x All-Star, 2x All NBA Defensive Team. Right now, nobody in Spurs is better than him, maybe potentially but not right now
    Simmons is overrated. get him on a team where he is the main player and it will become obvious.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DJ was actually better than Simmons why wouldn't Philly jump at taking him?
    Because they want more and overvalue him. They think they can get an AD or better package. no one has come even close. If he was as good as Philly has been trying to say dont you think there would be multiple teams paying what they wanted. 29 teams have not been willing to pay what they are asking none have even been close to meeting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they want more and overvalue him. They think they can get an AD or better package. no one has come even close. If he was as good as Philly has been trying to say dont you think there would be multiple teams paying what they wanted. 29 teams have not been willing to pay what they are asking none have even been close to meeting it.
    Teams won’t pay what they want, because Ben wants out, and that destroys any leverage Philly might have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams won’t pay what they want, because Ben wants out, and that destroys any leverage Philly might have.
    Teams won't pay what Philly wants is because he has no outside game and has poor FT, its just like Houston does not wants Ben Simmons for James Harden even when James wants out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD, Paul george, Harden seemed to get good returns even though they wanted out. AD was sitting out. Harden was intentionally playing poor and I think George was threatening to sit out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD, Paul george, Harden seemed to get good returns even though they wanted out. AD was sitting out. Harden was intentionally playing poor and I think George was threatening to sit out.
    Paul George asked out, but didn't threaten I think. Kwahi forced Clippers into it and for them to open the bank. If they wanted him, they had to go get George, no matter the cost.
    Last edited by lmbebo; 10-15-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Thread Information