Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attorney who smokes pot...doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10621627[/URL]]Harden wanted Paul gone. That didn’t happen in a vacuum, and wasn’t his choice. It also may be coloring his reactions this time.
    Says Morey through his thirsty podcaster friends. Morey also said he wasn’t trading Chris Paul and Ben Simmons before he offered them up in trades. Morey is overrated af. He makes trades just to make trades. He’s just throwing stuff with Harden hoping something would work. Plus he was tampering with Chris Paul when he was still a Clipper. POS GM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really not hard to believe. Plus it's legal in a lot of places now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if serious tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the Spurs commentators gave relatively critical opinions of Simmons. Not that such opinions aren't understandable, but for a guy whose biggest gripe is the pile-on criticism, what they said probably wouldn't sit well with him if the Spurs end up acquiring him. So either they'll be told not to do it again, or it's a sign the Spurs are out on the Simmons running.

Plus comparing Simmons to Avery is ridiculously dumb. Especially in the context of 99, Simmons is much closer to Robinson, who certainly got his own criticism before Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the Spurs commentators gave relatively critical opinions of Simmons. Not that such opinions aren't understandable, but for a guy whose biggest gripe is the pile-on criticism, what they said probably wouldn't sit well with him if the Spurs end up acquiring him. So either they'll be told not to do it again, or it's a sign the Spurs are out on the Simmons running.

Plus comparing Simmons to Avery is ridiculously dumb. Especially in the context of 99, Simmons is much closer to Robinson, who certainly got his own criticism before Tim.
    Except that Robinson was the an hesis of a head case unlike Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Sean's point is what Avery wasn't a headcase, so Robinson handling his criticism would've made his point much better than Johnson who was a cancer role-player who was a best the fourth-best starter on that le team. Johnson didn't need to "prove he could be a championship point-guard" in the same way Simmons has to. Simmons is already an elite distributor and has tremendous impact. Johnson just had to not take the ball out of Tim's hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in teh current social media age, you can't be sure. David wasn't super confident, he would probably act like Durant. oh and lebron would him out of SA.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in teh current social media age, you can't be sure. David wasn't super confident, he would probably act like Durant.
    lol wut

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao wut

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in teh current social media age, you can't be sure. David wasn't super confident, he would probably act like Durant. oh and lebron would him out of SA.
    lol i think Admiral can easily be considered as one of the most mature/level headed adult in NBA's history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Listen to the comparison again and it’s spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Sean's point is what Avery wasn't a headcase, so Robinson handling his criticism would've made his point much better than Johnson who was a cancer role-player who was a best the fourth-best starter on that le team. Johnson didn't need to "prove he could be a championship point-guard" in the same way Simmons has to. Simmons is already an elite distributor and has tremendous impact. Johnson just had to not take the ball out of Tim's hands.

Avery Johnson a cancer? Lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    58 pages on this is wild, considering the Spurs feel like the absolute last team that would take on Australian Tony Allen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great opinion. And there is more to the story than what we are getting. Rivers needs to be called out for not being a players coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey is looking for an instant impact all star lvl player or very close to it to pair with Embiid, we can't provide that, this thread is a figment of our imagination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    58 pages on this is wild, considering the Spurs feel like the absolute last team that would take on Australian Tony Allen.
    Yeah. There's 0% chance the Spurs had any interest in Simmons on their team. Getting involved in trades? Sure. For the dumbass himself? Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey is looking for an instant impact all star lvl player or very close to it to pair with Embiid, we can't provide that, this thread is a figment of our imagination.
    Getting an instant impact all star is a figment of Moreys imagination. No one is giving him that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    What Morey wants and what teams are willing to give up are two very different things. Based on the offers that have been revealed so far, Morey's expectations are unrealistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite Simmons' tremendous talents he is not THE GUY you build around because you HAVE TO SCORE to be the #1 guy in today's NBA.
    He is an elite player with a big impact on the game, but he is more of a Pippen or a Draymond, an elite 2nd fiddle.
    We need a #1 guy and having Simmons won't get us there any faster. HARD PASS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite Simmons' tremendous talents he is not THE GUY you build around because you HAVE TO SCORE to be the #1 guy in today's NBA.
    He is an elite player with a big impact on the game, but he is more of a Pippen or a Draymond, an elite 2nd fiddle.
    We need a #1 guy and having Simmons won't get us there any faster. HARD PASS
    I'm fine with passing on Simmons but, I'm going to push back a little here .. Having a second fiddle (a Pippen or Draymond) makes it more attractive and easier for a #1 guy to come here...in fact I don't think any #1 would even consider us without a clear #2 being in place...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey just doesn’t want it on his butt again, after Harden forced himself out of Rockets.. not another “diva.” That’s all it is. His personal agenda, however, should not dictate what happens to the future of the team, especially on Embiid’s MVP bid and quest for ring. Embiid will soon be next to ask to leave, if Morey’s actions continues to distract the team.

Maybe Portland or Wiz would lose 10 games in a row and that would be his best bet. But depends also if Sixers continue to play good. If not, fingers would be pointing to Morey for dragging this too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australian Tony Allen.
    some of you are bat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with passing on Simmons but, I'm going to push back a little here .. Having a second fiddle (a Pippen or Draymond) makes it more attractive and easier for a #1 guy to come here...in fact I don't think any #1 would even consider us without a clear #2 being in place...
    In general I agree, however in the specific case of Simmons I'm not sold that he is the kind of #2 to attract a #1 to join him. He has a team right now in Philly with a clear #1 and great supporting cast and he is quitting on that

Thread Information