Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1898
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In general I agree, however in the specific case of Simmons I'm not sold that he is the kind of #2 to attract a #1 to join him. He has a team right now in Philly with a clear #1 and great supporting cast and he is quitting on that
    Those are all fair concerns....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is now claiming his back hurts and has mental issues, so won't play on Friday. It seems he intends to sit out indefinitely. I don't see how this helps him. He's still under contract. If he sits out a year, he still owes a year. And his trade value at this point has to be dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons retiring like MJ and coming back with a vengeance to win three more championships hitting big shot after big shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is now claiming his back hurts and has mental issues, so won't play on Friday. It seems he intends to sit out indefinitely. I don't see how this helps him. He's still under contract. If he sits out a year, he still owes a year. And his trade value at this point has to be dog .

Per Morey’s interview with a local radio:

“You’re going to think I’m kidding. I’m not. This can be four years. The conditions I’m pointing out to you don’t change. Unless Ben Simmons is traded for a difference-maker. We’re in the prime of Joel’s career. We have to get back either Ben Simmons playing well for us, who helps us win the championship. Or, we have to get back a difference-maker for Ben Simmons,” Morey said.

Damn, that guy’s an ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“You’re going to think I’m kidding. I’m not. This can be four years. The conditions I’m pointing out to you don’t change. Unless Ben Simmons is traded for a difference-maker. We’re in the prime of Joel’s career. We have to get back either Ben Simmons playing well for us, who helps us win the championship. Or, we have to get back a difference-maker for Ben Simmons,” Morey said.

Damn, that guy’s an ass.
    If you mean Ben Simmons, yes, you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you mean Ben Simmons, yes, you're right.
    There is no good guy. Morey’s determined to be Captain Ahab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moreys such a little lmao I don’t buy for a minute what he’s saying. If im Simmons, I Play and either pretend to get hurt or suck big time on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no good guy. Morey’s determined to be Captain Ahab.
    I'm not sure why people think Morey is acting alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moreys such a little lmao I don’t buy for a minute what he’s saying. If im Simmons, I Play and either pretend to get hurt or suck big time on the court
    Like, literally Simmons is saying he's not going to play and is pretending to be hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, that guy’s an ass.
    He can say all he wants if BS really sits out 4 years his cap still affects who Philly can sign even when they fine him every game. Embiid might bail cos he sees no hope of winning a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can say all he wants if BS really sits out 4 years his cap still affects who Philly can sign even when they fine him every game. Embiid might bail cos he sees no hope of winning a championship.
    Ben Simmons cannot afford to sit out 4 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons cannot afford to sit out 4 years.
    Lol. Dude made 31M just last year alone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the nba is quietly rooting the sixers on here in hopes of sending message to players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the nba is quietly rooting the sixers on here in hopes of sending message to players.
    I get it. But the guy didn’t fake or hide like nephew did. He informed the Sixers FO his intentions to get traded, not through twitter or media. Morey’s just being an ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of you are bat
    Exaggeration to prove a point.

Simmons just isn't that great and combined with his other red flags associated with at ude, he is a negative contract. I am Australian so I have all the reason to have bias towards Simmons, but his act is tired and the lack of growth in his game shows he has little self awareness. He is not going to be another teams "Giannis" and the risks you have to take with him to potential reap some middling reward is definitely not worth it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Doc's fault. Simmons is definitely a diva but Rivers did his usual throw a player under the bus and take zero responsibility bit. Philly certainly should have known better than to hire the mother er and they deserve this nonsense for doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Doc's fault. Simmons is definitely a diva but Rivers did his usual throw a player under the bus and take zero responsibility bit. Philly certainly should have known better than to hire the mother er and they deserve this nonsense for doing it.
    Exactly. It's everyone's fault actually. Rivers is a snake though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s Simmons direction for next year if he’s smart. Collect the July check. Report to TC, and collect the October check. Collect the January check, and leave the team after 62 games, probably late Feb or early March. No stretch run. No playoffs. 75% pay, 75% games played. As Morey said, four years of this.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether it's David Robinson, Kawhi Leonard, or Zach Collins, if the player is physically unable to play, then the team still has to pay.
    Ben Simmons back problem may be fake, but proving otherwise will be tough.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s like a sneaky worker’s comp scam mixed with reality TV.

He may actually have mental health issues but no insight into it. But if he’s using it disingenuously to get out of work…that’s insulting.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Dude made 31M just last year alone.
    They make a lot of money but spend a lot of money according to Pat Ewing.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. I’m all for players getting what they deserve but holding teams hostage with trade demands while torpedoing your trade value has to stop. It’s not good for the league. Even the trade demands with a short list isn’t good for the league. Even though it’s not the same the Anthony Davis type needs to go away too.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. I’m all for players getting what they deserve but holding teams hostage with trade demands while torpedoing your trade value has to stop. It’s not good for the league. Even the trade demands with a short list isn’t good for the league. Even though it’s not the same the Anthony Davis type needs to go away too.
    Yeah, that’s my thought. I used to hate the owners. Now I’m hating the superstars, too. Fans get caught in the middle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the Spurs commentators gave relatively critical opinions of Simmons. Not that such opinions aren't understandable, but for a guy whose biggest gripe is the pile-on criticism, what they said probably wouldn't sit well with him if the Spurs end up acquiring him. So either they'll be told not to do it again, or it's a sign the Spurs are out on the Simmons running.

Plus comparing Simmons to Avery is ridiculously dumb. Especially in the context of 99, Simmons is much closer to Robinson, who certainly got his own criticism before Tim.
    The comparison was that both were PGs that were told they would never win championships. Simmons by the fans, AJ by Damon Stodamire and others. Thats where the comparison ended as Sean went on to draw the stark distinctions on how they approached criticism. The comparison with AJ is better, imo, as the main complain with both is that they can't shoot. I do think there's a comparison to be made with Drob as well though, as the main criticism of him was that he was "soft". I don't have a problem with either.

That being said, that is a very good insight about Bill and Sean being critical of him and how the organization will feel about that. I didn't think about that during the game, but you're spot on. If they do it again, then its probably safe to assume the Spurs are not trying to trade for him.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After not giving a when it was the Spurs getting ed.

Thread Information