Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now it’s time to offer DJ and Thad again. Seriously, DJ has been playing great and really looking he’s on a mission. And last night Thad showed he still has it. I wonder if Pop have PATFO changed their minds.
    Apparently, DJ has NEVER been offered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was DJ part of the HEB commercials? I don't know for sure, but if not, I think he's not untouchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they never offered dj then they must not have been seriously considering simmons

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As he shouldn't be, because when you factor in contracts he is WAY more valuable of a player than Simmons.

Even Wright is smart enough to understand this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they never offered dj then they must not have been seriously considering simmons
    I suspect that is and always was true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was DJ part of the HEB commercials? I don't know for sure, but if not, I think he's not untouchable.
    As far as we know he wasn't. But dude is still grieving and probably doesn't want to be in commercials. I also don't think the team is beholden to HEB as to whom they'll trade.

The Spurs' offer may have been Aminu, Young and sweetener. Would make sense if that's why Morey asked for seven picks or whatever. I do think DJM and White have been part of trade discussions -- just too much smoke over the past couple of years. But I also think the Spurs value them both highly and are probably much more keen to add to them than try to improve upon them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never were. I don't know why people don't get this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trading Murray for Simmons would be borderline stupid. I'm not even sure if Simmons is better than DJ. Give DJ another season and he's a better version of prime Westbrook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still DJ would have been traded if pushed. Maybe Spurs were pushing DDR sign and trade for Simmons.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Simmons on October 1st if they could have gotten him cheap, but November 1st? No thanks. Not eager to pay a guy $33 million this season when he's not going to have training camp and preseason to get into basketball shape and will have to do it in the regular season. And on the off chance that his mental issues keeping him out of games are actually legit, do not want. Plus White and Young look like while Murray is looking like the guy we hoped he would be before tearing his ACL in the 2018 preseason. So you'd be giving up the one real bright spot on this roster for a crew Simmons wouldn't lead to the playoffs while almost certainly losing your tank year first round pick in the trade. Simmons is a total no-go now as far as I'm concerned, that ship has hopefully sailed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JohnB...dj tearing it up let's trade him for a worse player with mental issues. Way to try to resurrect this thread but spurs have not been part of these discussions for months now...notice how it changed to Thad for Smith...no one even talking bout Ben n no one wants him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still DJ would have been traded if pushed. Maybe Spurs were pushing DDR sign and trade for Simmons.
    There's no ing way the Spurs were ever interested in Simmons. Not with his at ude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I’m sure the Spurs were interested. But the asking price was too high and certainly his trade value is diminished. All he can do is tank his value and disrupt the team if he wants a trade. I’m sure lots of teams would trade for him if the price were right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Simmons on October 1st if they could have gotten him cheap, but November 1st? No thanks. Not eager to pay a guy $33 million this season when he's not going to have training camp and preseason to get into basketball shape and will have to do it in the regular season. And on the off chance that his mental issues keeping him out of games are actually legit, do not want. Plus White and Young look like while Murray is looking like the guy we hoped he would be before tearing his ACL in the 2018 preseason. So you'd be giving up the one real bright spot on this roster for a crew Simmons wouldn't lead to the playoffs while almost certainly losing your tank year first round pick in the trade. Simmons is a total no-go now as far as I'm concerned, that ship has hopefully sailed.
    At this point, why would we want Simmons over DJM at a much cheaper price? I would have been on board back then too, but not anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, why would we want Simmons over DJM at a much cheaper price? I would have been on board back then too, but not anymore.
    Think Philly is really going to regret not trading for Murray. Same way they must regret not being willing to give up Fultz when Leonard was available. Simmons' stock just has to be tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Celtics are interested in Simmons this morning according to Shams...others are saying the offer centers around Smart, Nesmith, and filler...(no Brown or Tatum of course)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course the Sixers want one of Brown or Tatum back both who are superior players to Simmons so that's not going anywhere

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a plant by Morey to drum up interest in Simmons again now that they're back to fining him. Stevens doesn't seem to be the type to let front office business leak so blatantly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what Spurs’ offer was. If it includes DJM (plus Young and picks), that’s still a better offer imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a very good video. i never realized how bad ben simmons is. i mean for the money he makes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure why Simmons is still in Philly, if they’re just going to fine him his entire salary anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Celtics are interested in Simmons this morning according to Shams...others are saying the offer centers around Smart, Nesmith, and filler...(no Brown or Tatum of course)..
    Man Celtics are almost as much of a disappointment as the Lakers this year. They gotta be desperate to shake that team up, though their main problems are probably Tatum not finishing at the rim and Brown still not really feeling recovered from COVID.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Celtics are almost as much of a disappointment as the Lakers this year. They gotta be desperate to shake that team up, though their main problems are probably Tatum not finishing at the rim and Brown still not really feeling recovered from COVID.
    I agree....and if they include JB in that deal then Brad Stevens should be fired on the spot.... I could get it if Smart is the centerpiece but no way JB should even be in the discussions..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum also hasn't been the same since his boutique with the Rona last season too tbh. That post-COVID funk is no joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't believe the dumbass Sixers passed on trading for Nephew tbh

Thread Information