Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1898
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeh thats crazy that all we asked for was Ben Simmons and the sixers said no for Kawhi. Glad how its all turned out in hindsight. Much rather the roster we have than having Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Alex Kennedy this morning Philly has a list of 30 players they would consider for Simmons and they've had discussions with Detroit around Jeremi Grant and Olynyk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Alex Kennedy this morning Philly has a list of 30 players they would consider for Simmons and they've had discussions with Detroit around Jeremi Grant and Olynyk.

I read an article yesterday about that. In that article it also said many of those 30 players might become available within the next 2 years lol. The Sixers are legit hinting that they don't mind waiting this out for 2 ing years!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read an article yesterday about that. In that article it also said many of those 30 players might become available within the next 2 years lol. The Sixers are legit hinting that they don't mind waiting this out for 2 ing years!
    Excellent. Sixers holding out is what it is going to take to put these prima donnas and the bag agent in their places.
    Normally i am for the players 100% vs Mr. Burns owners but Simmons situation is pure b.s. on his part.

Any Philly area posters here? I would think Simmons would get hammered if he showed his vagina in public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT: The 76ers and Pistons have discussed a trade that would send Ben Simmons to Detroit and Jerami Grant, a young player, filler, and a pick to Philadelphia, via @PompeyOnSixers.

So if Spurs don’t get to include Thad in this Simmons trade, we keep him until trade deadline?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT: The 76ers and Pistons have discussed a trade that would send Ben Simmons to Detroit and Jerami Grant, a young player, filler, and a pick to Philadelphia, via @PompeyOnSixers.

So if Spurs don’t get to include Thad in this Simmons trade, we keep him until trade deadline?
    I wouldn't be opposed to edging in on that trade using Thad (or White) and taking back longer-term salary to pry Bey out of that deal.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't believe the dumbass Sixers passed on trading for Nephew tbh
    So he could keep Markelle Fultz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit can’t trade any future first round picks unless they make the pick they owe OKC unprotected, which would be monumentally stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit can’t trade any future first round picks unless they make the pick they owe OKC unprotected, which would be monumentally stupid.
    I haven't seen picks mentioned in the Detroit rumors...Bey has been included instead it looks like..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers are not taking white or thaddeus young

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers are not taking white or thaddeus young
    I don't think that's necessarily true..if they do the grant deal it'll require 10-15M it make it work for everybody. Right now they are talking about Olynyk but, they might prefer Thad because of his shorter contract...or White for extra ball handling that they'd lose with Ben leaving over 3 years of Olynyk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's necessarily true..if they do the grant deal it'll require 10-15M it make it work for everybody. Right now they are talking about Olynyk but, they might prefer Thad because of his shorter contract...or White for extra ball handling that they'd lose with Ben leaving over 3 years of Olynyk.

keep hoping broski

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep hoping broski
    People thought we’d get nothing for DeRozan, too, and that’s sitting at a first, two seconds, and Young. Thad has played in Philly before, and is a stand up guy.

I’m not sure how this will work, anyway. Detroit has no extra firsts, and the way the first headed to OKC is super protected, it will likely never convey, or maybe only in 2027, tying up all of the intervening firsts until after the lottery each year. What pick is supposedly headed to Philly?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People thought we’d get nothing for DeRozan, too, and that’s sitting at a first, two seconds, and Young. Thad has played in Philly before, and is a stand up guy.

I’m not sure how this will work, anyway. Detroit has no extra firsts, and the way the first headed to OKC is super protected, it will likely never convey, or maybe only in 2027, tying up all of the intervening firsts until after the lottery each year. What pick is supposedly headed to Philly?
    I haven't seen any mention of Philly getting any picks from Detroit...it was just Grant, Olynyk, and Bey...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen any mention of Philly getting any picks from Detroit...it was just Grant, Olynyk, and Bey...
    He definitely wouldn’t be the point guard in Detroit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see either young or white being involved instead of Bey and bey coming here. They need a PG so white could be a good fit and Young is older and more seasoned. Bey is still inconsistent. I think Bey also fits better on the Spurs then either of these people. I dont see us getting a pick out of it but Bey would be pretty good. I could also see philly liking Bey better though as more long term upside and cheaper contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not buying that Detroit rumor, although that would be like the biggest F You to Ben Simmons to trade him to the pistons lmao

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not buying that Detroit rumor, although that would be like the biggest F You to Ben Simmons to trade him to the pistons lmao
    I doubt Simmons would play a minute for the Pistons. They would just sit him out and tank imo, while trying to get a haul from another team to flip Simmons to them. Detroit will want a very different return package than Philly so the market might open up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said before the season that I would not trade Murray for Simmons as Murray was better. While I think more people agree with me I wonder if Exstatic or Chinock would still do they trade? Others that disagreed with me I wonder if they are willing to admit it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said before the season that I would not trade Murray for Simmons as Murray was better. While I think more people agree with me I wonder if Exstatic or Chinock would still do they trade? Others that disagreed with me I wonder if they are willing to admit it?
    Not that these guys would ever change their mind to begin with (it’s just tooooooo hard to admit when we’re wrong), but gloating about something you could be right about makes the other party even more steadfast in their opinion and it helps absolutely nothing. You should have expected nothing before you made this post but now more excuses will flood in after your post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he is surely making a believer of me. And to think that Murray could just be scratching the surface. He could still get stronger and finish more with contacts and earn free throws, that would make him an even better closer/finisher, and he needs to be that if he’s to carry this team. Right now, I don’t doubt he would get there the way he’s improved his game every year. He’s almost a triple-double average and has a case in the most improved player conversation and a nod in the AS if this continues.
    Last edited by John B; 12-05-2021 at 10:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to lie. I came in here to basically point out that while Murray is playing well, Simmons is still better. But looking at the stats, I don't know that that's true. Don't get me wrong -- defensively and impact-wise, Simmons last year is still ahead of Murray this year. There are certainly still ways to say Ben is a tier or so above Murray. But even adjusting for minutes, DJM is outperforming BS in terms of production while also having a more diverse game. The shooting is a real issue for Murray -- but there's hope that he'll find his way toward overall efficiency soon. Simmons' TS% was superior, and that is a product of him being a much better driver and strong finisher. But without learning to shoot threes or improving his FT%, there's not really any upside that he'll get better. I still lean toward the idea that if you could take last years' Simmons and trade that guy for Murray, Ben would look better, and the Spurs would win more games. But it would rely on all of the other players being great three-point shooters -- especially with Jakob also playing. That hasn't really been the case this year, so it's dicey.

And that's just on-the-court stuff. If Simmons is really going through mental stuff, then he might well be damaged goods. If he isn't, then it's hard to trade for him trusting that he wouldn't do this the next time he wanted out of a situation. I don't have to speak on the cultural impact that Murray's basically had since Day 1. It would be a huge hit to the Spurs losing him for a guy who's listless, whether due to medical issues or just at ude.

I don't think it makes sense to trade Murray for Simmons at this time, and given the team's shooting issues and DJM's high usage, I don't think Simmons makes sense for the Spurs with Murray still on the roster. That can change if Ben gets back to playing and shows he can be the All-NBA player he was before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People see them as similar, but they’re really not. DJ is a better shooter, but Simmons is elite at the rim, and he gets there easily in spite of a janky jumper. They both rebound at a high level, and dish out a high number of assists. When you have two players who are close, you look for tie breakers. Size is the most obvious one, and that gives the edge to Ben. He’s also a more natural distributor. DJ has gotten better at the pick and roll, but still misses too many perimeter shooters. I’d still make the trade, although it’s not quite as cut and dried as it was in training camp. It’s all academic, though. According to sauces, neither White nor DJ were offered. This is just a thought exercise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People see them as similar, but they’re really not. DJ is a better shooter, but Simmons is elite at the rim, and he gets there easily in spite of a janky jumper. They both rebound at a high level, and dish out a high number of assists. When you have two players who are close, you look for tie breakers. Size is the most obvious one, and that gives the edge to Ben. He’s also a more natural distributor. DJ has gotten better at the pick and roll, but still misses too many perimeter shooters. I’d still make the trade, although it’s not quite as cut and dried as it was in training camp. It’s all academic, though. According to sauces, neither White nor DJ were offered. This is just a thought exercise.
    I would rather keep DjM than trade for BS. DjM has been improving every year and BS actually regress a little yearly. Give it another year or 2 their impact on the game would swap around. DjM is also showing his 3s are coming around nicely these last few games. If not for his ACL injury, he might already be better than BS.

Thread Information