Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/...c-226b71232ec2

LOL not even Brian Wright is this stupid.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These idiots are really going to piss away what could have been a contending season with Embiid aren't they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy that they're refusing to trade Simmons for the best package available to fill their roster out and compete in a year with no clear cut le favorite. This is the year to go all in. There is no super GS team, BKN is gimped, LAL will be lucky to make the 2nd round...this is the time to capitalize and make a move. Lol at Morey content to do nothing because he thinks somehow Simmons value will get better over time

Their fans are just as re ed and delusional too. Go on any 6ers forum and look at the deals they're discussing for Simmons they still think they're getting Dame or Beal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These idiots are really going to piss away what could have been a contending season with Embiid aren't they?
    haha at this rate they may piss away his entire career. We’ve added Tobias Harris to the mix so the bidding starts at 10 first round picks, and two future hall of famers but we will settle for Klay, Curry, 5 future FRPs, Moody, Kuminga, Wiseman and a coach swap because we are motivated to get a deal done - Morey

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that's wild.

Would have to be a 3-way deal to make may sense, and probably a reflection that Philly isnt getting assets they want and pivoting to shedding long term money.

Off the top of head something like would work $$ wise:

ATL: Ben Simmons
    CLE: Tobias Harris
    PHI: Love, Galo, Hunter, FRP from ATL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that's wild.

Would have to be a 3-way deal to make may sense, and probably a reflection that Philly isnt getting assets they want and pivoting to shedding long term money.

Off the top of head something like would work $$ wise:

ATL: Ben Simmons
    CLE: Tobias Harris
    PHI: Love, Galo, Hunter, FRP from ATL
    I don’t mind Harris but that contract was always an over pay. I think one thing is for certain we should all put to rest the Spurs even being remotely interested at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind Harris but that contract was always an over pay. I think one thing is for certain we should all put to rest the Spurs even being remotely interested at this point.
    Agree.

On Thobias, for CLE it’s a position of need and just 1 additional year over Love’s contract term I believe. But yeah, that contract sucks ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is straight up on one of the worse contracts. He just isn't good. I've said this for years, and any team giving that contract would regret it instantly. How is this guy not getting the negative attention that all underwhelming max players get, is beyond me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is straight up on one of the worse contracts. He just isn't good. I've said this for years, and any team giving that contract would regret it instantly. How is this guy not getting the negative attention that all underwhelming max players get, is beyond me.
    Agreed but these are the type of contracts we should consider renting our salary cap for if appropriately compensated (young asset, draft capital etc) eapecially given the upcoming free agency landscape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but these are the type of contracts we should consider renting our salary cap for if appropriately compensated (young asset, draft capital etc) eapecially given the upcoming free agency landscape.
    Philly already had to unload Horford, and it cost them multiple #1s. Doubt they be up for a repeat, especially since TH will make almost $80M over the next two seasons. Harris will be 32 when the deal expires, and his shooting has fallen off a cliff this season. Not a huge surprise with Simmons not playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What trade proposals today are being made by the folks who were all in on Ben Simmons? Gotta watch out for those folks… the Spurs would be in much worse shape than they are now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ not me but while we are pulling receipts you had some pretty lofty expectations for the 22-23 Spurs. My favourite being how improved our defense would be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ not me but while we are pulling receipts you had some pretty lofty expectations for the 22-23 Spurs. My favourite being how improved our defense would be
    What I’ll give to these guys who give these takes (good or bad) is that they aren’t afraid to make them… which is a notch above validation-craving black-wannabe pussies like yourself who give no real basketball contribution insights to this forum except for the empty “I watch other NBA teams” posts you give from time to time or the slobbering you give to people you agree with. You are as predictable as the sun going up in the morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons dad ruined his career by switching him from shooting right handed to left handed, thinking his shot would get blocked less. He was right, since Ben no longer shoots his shot almost never gets blocked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did want Simmons. I was wrong, both because Murray had another gear and because Simmons' transmission broke. Honestly I'd still take Ben, especially if they're moving Poeltl, and I am still glad Murray's gone. But the Spurs would've been multiple firsts in the whole had they listened to me.

I also wanted to trade Murray and Aldridge in 2020 to move up and draft Obi Toppin. I also wanted to trade Bonner and a first for Derrick Williams back in the day and loved Bagley in the 2018 draft. I really wanted a high-pedigree PF for many years, and it led me astray many times.
    Last edited by Chinook; 01-28-2023 at 02:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did want Simmons. I was wrong, both because Murray and another gear and because Simmons' transmission broke. Honestly I'd still take Ben, especially if they're moving Poeltl, and I am still glad Murray's gone. But the Spurs would've been multiple firsts in the whole had they listened to me.

I also wanted to trade Murray and Aldridge in 2020 to move up and draft Obi Toppin. I also wanted to trade Bonner and a first for Derrick Williams back in the day and loved Bagley in the 2018 draft. I really wanted a high-pedigree PF for many years, and it led me astray many multiple times.
    haha bro you sound like you are at an AA meeting. I didn’t care for him when the asking price was so high but now?

Given our cap situation and my preference for drafting multiple years in the lottery I’d take a flier on Simmons but I’m not giving up much to get him. McD, JRich and our 2023 SRP would be fair to take that contract on.

He isn’t built for the flashing lights right now but being under the radar in San Antonio could revive his career. In the meantime if he is still a 7/7/7 guy he just becomes an over paid Derrick White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or how you continuously talk an about tre being the worst PG in the league.

People make wrong predictions all the time. That’s why they are predictions. If they are right all the time theyd be prophets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or how you continuously talk an about tre being the worst PG in the league.

People make wrong predictions all the time. That’s why they are predictions. If they are right all the time theyd be prophets.
    What are you talking about? I’ve been a proponent of Tre since early last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I just wanted to trade Murray. I didn’t know the Hawks package was available. I wanted a Ben for Murray swap bc Murray isn’t a winning player and not worth 40 million a year. I’m glad we didn’t do it but I’m also glad we traded Murray. But paying Ben $36 million wouldn’t have hurt this team in any way shape or form. He would’ve added to the tanking and we have a lot of money to spend anyways. Once we get Victor, I would like for us to go big and over pay for a secondary star player (like the Pels did with CJ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also like to trade Murray for Simmons, especially because I saw that Murray’s thug side, started with him barking back at Pop like a juvvy that he is. I always thought Ben can thrive with a great coaching staff like Pop’s, who could slowly fix his game to winning games. Very much what we see Pop is doing with Sochan. Simmons has great vision, big athletic who can rim run and finish, while finding who’s open, great defender. Yes, I’d still take Simmons for the right pieces. It would be a challenge to play him with Sochan not shooting, yet. That would have to get fixed. Simmons for Poeltl plus fillers, I’d take him. It’d be a roster challenge, but I’d leave Pop to figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a path to talk oneself into anything and gambles that become +EV at certain values, but Spurs fans sometimes are too keen to overlook issues and take on risks for no good reason IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I wouldn’t be so sure SA could flip Simmons if things went south. If he didn’t work out here (meaning we didn’t see an improvement in a year or two in his shooting and at ude) then the ceiling and hope is gone with how he’s viewed and his last 2 years of his deal is an albatross you can maybe do a Westbrook/Wall type of deal for.

I’m not so certain Sa could recoup firsts in that situation is all I’m saying (in a situation where we don’t see any improvement)
    Simmons doesn't have to improve to be worth his deal. He's a DPOY candidate who's also a great facilitator and finisher. That's why SA should look at trading for him, not because of potential. The Spurs should look at him as basically anchoring their defense and get him a primary scoring guard and two-way big-wing to run with him. The improvement they'd be looking for is in guys like Primo, Keldon and Vassell/Walker. If they can get another star out of that group, then they'd be in position to make an all-in trade to move toward being a contender. Otherwise, they have to look at two more big trades, which means continuing to ac ulate assets and contracts to match
    We will be having this argument until the end of time lol….players being worth their deals just for playing our their contract vs having a bigger picture asset mentality in mind

Similar to my Jak, Doug and other mindsets and the risks of “bad deals” even if you can afford them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a path to talk oneself into anything and gambles that become +EV at certain values, but Spurs fans sometimes are too keen to overlook issues and take on risks for no good reason IMO
    Have you not done the same thing with your praise in the dynamic duo of Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have drastically improved the FT shooting of both Jak and Sochan. If you could just do THAT for Simmons, he’d be a vastly improved player. All a moot point, though. We’re not likely to give up an asset or assets for him, and his personality profile suggests he wouldn’t do the one hand thing, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benjamin ing Simmons

Ah, the good ole days where a good chunk of ST was dying over trading the sink for this guy. It's too low a blow to look up the receipts on this thread, but y'all know who you are.

Thread Information