Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,876 to 1,898 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I was rooting for this guy to get better. But if you can’t play good playing with future hofers KD, Embiid, there's just something wrong. As somebody mentioned, you might need to build around him, but right now it’s too much risk. He’d probably fit in a running game, transition offense type, yet plays slow down in playoffs then his sub-par shooting becomes a liability. Sochan was willing to change his shot at the risk of getting ridiculed, but has unlocked his game. Idk if Simmons would be willing to do the same at 26. His time is fast running out and could belong to the bust club.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To receive Simmons we would need more compensation then they want to give. They got some picks back their way with the recent trade but still lost a bunch of picks to Houston from a previous trade iirc. Brooklyn is in a weird situation right now, but finally they are somewhat back to where they started when Sean Marks took over and started making changes: a scrappy team in a big market. But a nightmare they went through chasing superstars to only go full circle with NOTHING to show for it but more debt. Shows how the league is in such disrepair, especially when the league promotes players over teams, much less the actual game experience. (*steps off soap box)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya - I agree it’s more of a question would SA do it. I see reasons for BKY. Not sure one pick, even if unprotected, is enough though. Only reason I lean yes is because SA seemingly doesn’t have cap space plans anyways next season so it would (not from a money perspective but cap plans perspective) functionally only be one year of Simmons

Still, not sure SA ownership would pay 35M for a pick lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Insecure, stubborn people.
    2. It's a long season.
    I’m rarely rude - I’m usually pretty patient and willing to engage in conversation and enjoy it. Been extra annoyed lately, but I am rarely every rude and I don’t troll. Doubt Scott was talking about me, but I know you have taken a few shots at me lately so wanted to address.

But I will leave it at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you had a physical recently? Sometimes physical ailments can produce strange thoughts and behaviors.
    Lmao - look, I’m not a Simmons fan and hold no hope he turns his career around. I’m talking strictly for renting cap space. SA taking on Khem + Graham already so if you aren’t going to use rest of space or instead of doing several smaller deals for 2nds, I would rather go ahead and at least try to get best pick(s) possible IF that is the path SA is going…

But I’m not high on Simmons and not sure SA would even do that for 1 first - even a potentially great one. But I think its something to ponder..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao - look, I’m not a Simmons fan and hold no hope he turns his career around. I’m talking strictly for renting cap space. …

Fair enough, but that Simmons contract runs through 2024-25, with no options. A cap space evaluation would have to look ahead two seasons. That’s too far.

The Spurs have more cap space now than they know what to do with, and may be on track for plenty next season, but in two years? Unknown. Two years can be an eternity in the NBA.

Might be a subject to revisit in the summer of ‘24 if Simmons is still a topic. Mark your calendar. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m rarely rude - I’m usually pretty patient and willing to engage in conversation and enjoy it. Been extra annoyed lately, but I am rarely every rude and I don’t troll. Doubt Scott was talking about me, but I know you have taken a few shots at me lately so wanted to address.

But I will leave it at that.
    Wasn't talking about you, it's all good. Just the couple "I'm a genius, you all stupid", bullying guys...

Sorry if you felt I was taking shots at you, it's always genuine and maybe to tease or make a stupid joke, but never with bad intentions even if I know intentions or second degree can sometimes be wrongly perceived on the Internet, and I sometimes facepalm when I read my own posts... We may not always agree but I like reading you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know who scott and JPB were talking about. There are a few posters who are consistently rude and being assholes to everyone but DPG is certainly not one of them. Most grown up people can handle a basketball disagreement in a civil manner and some arguing can genuinely be a good way to begin perceiving a different point of view as no one here is right all the time, which is completely normal of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but that Simmons contract runs through 2024-25, with no options. A cap space evaluation would have to look ahead two seasons. That’s too far.

The Spurs have more cap space now than they know what to do with, and may be on track for plenty next season, but in two years? Unknown. Two years can be an eternity in the NBA.

Might be a subject to revisit in the summer of ‘24 if Simmons is still a topic. Mark your calendar. Lol
    Definitely fair. But the value imo lies in taking him now since it doesn’t appear Sa cares about this years cap space anyways. Agree it’s far out but it’s functionally one year due to that context. Question in my mind is can you dump Simmons as a true expiring if you need to in 25 for less than you got by taking him here? If so mitigates risk and you come out ahead. But I agree it’s a lot to consider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't talking about you, it's all good. Just the couple "I'm a genius, you all stupid", bullying guys...

Sorry if you felt I was taking shots at you, it's always genuine and maybe to tease or make a stupid joke, but never with bad intentions even if I know intentions or second degree can sometimes be wrongly perceived on the Internet, and I sometimes facepalm when I read my own posts... We may not always agree but I like reading you.
    We all know who scott and JPB were talking about. There are a few posters who are consistently rude and being assholes to everyone but DPG is certainly not one of them. Most grown up people can handle a basketball disagreement in a civil manner and some arguing can genuinely be a good way to begin perceiving a different point of view as no one here is right all the time, which is completely normal of course.
    Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually be slightly intrigued by Simmons as an expensive reclamation project, but it would have to be for more than just 1 FRP, for the reasons JeffDuncan points out. I probably need 3 FRPs to take on that beast of a contract, and I don't think BKY is game. They need the draft capital they just got from Kyrie and Durant, it is in their interest to make Simmons their own reclamation project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seconded. It ain't you, DPG, you're cool. Have enjoy interacting with you on the tweet machine as well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya - I agree it’s more of a question would SA do it. I see reasons for BKY. Not sure one pick, even if unprotected, is enough though. Only reason I lean yes is because SA seemingly doesn’t have cap space plans anyways next season so it would (not from a money perspective but cap plans perspective) functionally only be one year of Simmons

Still, not sure SA ownership would pay 35M for a pick lol
    Hard to imagine the guy has gone from looking like a legit franchise player his first year in Philly to being Alfrederik Hughes 2023, but with $78 million due the next two years one unprotected pick just isn't enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80M dollars would be a really expensive way to get 2 protected FRPs. Hard pass.

On the other hand, if Philly flops this playoffs and are looking to reset some, i'd be prepared to take Thobias Harris at 37M/1 year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80M dollars would be a really expensive way to get 2 protected FRPs. Hard pass.

On the other hand, if Philly flops this playoffs and are looking to reset some, i'd be prepared to take Thobias Harris at 37M/1 year.
    That'd be a negative for me. Unless Embiid blows his knee out they're going to be a playoff team every year and $37 million is way too much to pay for a pick in the twenties.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely fair. But the value imo lies in taking him now since it doesn’t appear Sa cares about this years cap space anyways. Agree it’s far out but it’s functionally one year due to that context. Question in my mind is can you dump Simmons as a true expiring if you need to in 25 for less than you got by taking him here? If so mitigates risk and you come out ahead. But I agree it’s a lot to consider
    If you demand a pick when trading for Simmons then I don't see how you get off of him without giving up a pick. Only teams I can see trying to salary dump that much money are teams that are around the salary cap and they probably don't have anything we want.

Dude is a complete headcase. I don't think their is anything to redeem. I think its a greater than 0% chance he is out of the league when his current contract is up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you demand a pick when trading for Simmons then I don't see how you get off of him without giving up a pick. Only teams I can see trying to salary dump that much money are teams that are around the salary cap and they probably don't have anything we want.

Dude is a complete headcase. I don't think their is anything to redeem. I think its a greater than 0% chance he is out of the league when his current contract is up.
    Exactly. You get an unprotected 1st for taking him with 2 years on his deal. If you need to dump him the next season with 1 year left on his deal, then you trade like CHA pick (which is protected) or another protected pick.

You trade one protected pick (if you need to dump him) for a non-protected pick. So you don’t end up net extra first but you end up with a better one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. You get an unprotected 1st for taking him with 2 years on his deal. If you need to dump him the next season with 1 year left on his deal, then you trade like CHA pick (which is protected) or another protected pick.

You trade one protected pick (if you need to dump him) for a non-protected pick. So you don’t end up net extra first but you end up with a better one.
    Assuming you can pull this off, the $40MM you’ll pay him in one season is waaaaaaaay too steep a price just to upgrade a protected FRP to an unprotected. It ain’t my money, but that would be my line of thinking if I’m the Spurs FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming you can pull this off, the $40MM you’ll pay him in one season is waaaaaaaay too steep a price just to upgrade a protected FRP to an unprotected. It ain’t my money, but that would be my line of thinking if I’m the Spurs FO.
    For sure. Not sure Sa views 35m as an acceptable price for a pick lol

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like Simmons is now part of the John Wall, Westbrook type of revolving door of bad contracts where they get traded around for each other out of desperation. Outside of money, the other downside is him possibly rubbing off on our young players. Sort of the worst type of veteran presence you could have. Though I suppose he could be a cautionary tale, lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd be a negative for me. Unless Embiid blows his knee out they're going to be a playoff team every year and $37 million is way too much to pay for a pick in the twenties.
    Its never too early for a 2030 FRP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its never too early for a 2030 FRP!
    Actually, right now it is. Those aren’t available to trade until the new league year opens in early July.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure. Not sure Sa views 35m as an acceptable price for a pick lol
    At this point, Simmons must be viewed as a 100% negative salary. Assume we dump back and send at least Birch and Graham back to them to offset Simmons' money.

Still, ever after the bad salary for bad salary offset, we'd likely require two future FRPs to take back the remaining 40M in Simmons salary.

I'd do it if the picks were unprotected. I'd be hesitant if any protections were applied. Plus, the year of those unprotected picks matters a lot. Nothing immediate from Nets, Suns, or Philly.

Thread Information