Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1898
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ringer podcast folks had a fake trade of Ben Simmons for Jakob and Richardson.

Theory is he comes to a low stakes environment and rehabs his career etc. Didn’t appreciate he only had 2 years after this one (not 3)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ringer podcast folks had a fake trade of Ben Simmons for Jakob and Richardson.

Theory is he comes to a low stakes environment and rehabs his career etc. Didn’t appreciate he only had 2 years after this one (not 3)
    The only way I do that deal now is if it also comes with 2 lightly protected FRPs into the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets quietly have a well balanced roster. Simmons role probably continues to deteriorate to that of a deep bench player lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets quietly have a well balanced roster. Simmons role probably continues to deteriorate to that of a deep bench player lol
    I think I enjoyed watching Brooklyn play last night more than I did with KD on the team... they played hard on both ends... obviously not coming out of the east, but they are gonna make somebody work to knock them out in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I enjoyed watching Brooklyn play last night more than I did with KD on the team... they played hard on both ends... obviously not coming out of the east, but they are gonna make somebody work to knock them out in the playoffs.
    Bridges was brilliant. Johnson missed a lot of shots that he generally makes and he will get into a groove soon. Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie are good additions. And Cam Thomas is a baller on offense. But they have to trade Ben Simmons - he is genuinely terrified of the rim. He wont even take open layups and is a net negative on offense. Completely unplayable in fourth quarters and what a drag on their salary. Just one more shot creator and the Nets could be cooking soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges was brilliant. Johnson missed a lot of shots that he generally makes and he will get into a groove soon. Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie are good additions. And Cam Thomas is a baller on offense. But they have to trade Ben Simmons - he is genuinely terrified of the rim. He wont even take open layups and is a net negative on offense. Completely unplayable in fourth quarters and what a drag on their salary. Just one more shot creator and the Nets could be cooking soon.
    He's the key.... for him to be playable you need 4 other shooters around him so you can maximize what he brings...basically you have to build a team around him ... and I don't see anyone out there willing to do that.... maybe Houston, but I doubt it..

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven given up so much draft capital, they are probably stuck with him. These pariah superstars are hilarious to me. I know the spurs definitely need high end talent, but I’m also glad we don’t have a dumb ass superstar dragging the team down, that might be actually more depressing than our current state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven given up so much draft capital, they are probably stuck with him. These pariah superstars are hilarious to me. I know the spurs definitely need high end talent, but I’m also glad we don’t have a dumb ass superstar dragging the team down, that might be actually more depressing than our current state.
    Brooklyn RECEIVED draft capital in the Simmons trade, 2 FRPs. They sent out Harden.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn RECEIVED draft capital in the Simmons trade, 2 FRPs. They sent out Harden.
    I recall them being heavily indebted to Houston and in general being without a lot of future picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m rooting for the Nets to stay compe ive and not give Rockets high lottery picks . It’s bad that Rockets did not even reach Finals with any of those future Hofers CP3, Harden, Westbrook, putting in the right pieces around. But I have to give it to them, they cashed out getting high picks, what they do with them is another story

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was totally against getting Ben in the DJm trade. but if we could get the 27 and 29 picks from the Suns I would take those to take on his contract. I heard they were willing to give away a 1st rd pick to get rid of him. Nets actually have a good amount of picks coming up over the next few years so I would rather have the Suns picks over theirs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was totally against getting Ben in the DJm trade. but if we could get the 27 and 29 picks from the Suns I would take those to take on his contract. I heard they were willing to give away a 1st rd pick to get rid of him. Nets actually have a good amount of picks coming up over the next few years so I would rather have the Suns picks over theirs.
    Their owner apparently doesn’t care about the tax, or doesn’t want to appear cheap. They did nothing at the deadline to lower a pretty hefty tax bill, and they could have done things not involving Simmons. They’re not sending out the two Phoenix picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their owner apparently doesn’t care about the tax, or doesn’t want to appear cheap. They did nothing at the deadline to lower a pretty hefty tax bill, and they could have done things not involving Simmons. They’re not sending out the two Phoenix picks.
    They also wern't going to trade durant and according to you Ben is so much better then DJM so your information that you try to present as facts is pretty useless. Also it is not always about tax but being able to sign FA or getting other players via trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they will trade Ben Simmons when it's time. They can trade him for another bad contract they prefer. trading two big salary is enough for one season. There are always dumb trades that fail to make sense if you are patient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also wern't going to trade durant and according to you Ben is so much better then DJM so your information that you try to present as facts is pretty useless. Also it is not always about tax but being able to sign FA or getting other players via trade.
    This thread was made 18 months ago when Simmons was on a completely different team, and DJ hadn’t yet been selected as an All Star yet. Keep living in the past, though, and ignore the fact that literally DAYS ago, teams weren’t willing to pay one FRP to rent cap space, let alone two unprotected ones.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread was made 18 months ago when Simmons was on a completely different team, and DJ hadn’t yet been selected as an All Star yet. Keep living in the past, though, and ignore the fact that literally DAYS ago, teams weren’t willing to pay one FRP to rent cap space, let alone two unprotected ones.
    Right because we should only trade on what they currently are not what they are going to become. Heck even at what they were I would not have tradded for simmons as he was living off of his name and not what he could do. I also believe you continued to push for it after he made the all star team but there are to many pages to look through to find it.

I do find it interesting that you say keep living in the past and then talk about the past. Same sentence since trades cant happen till the summer things will change by then. I also saw a tweet that they were willing to give a first to get rid of him. Was it true? who knows besides the GMs. But if it was true then no one was willing to take his contract. As he plays more seasons then teams may require less but for most of next year I could see it being 2 first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right because we should only trade on what they currently are not what they are going to become. Heck even at what they were I would not have tradded for simmons as he was living off of his name and not what he could do. I also believe you continued to push for it after he made the all star team but there are to many pages to look through to find it.

I do find it interesting that you say keep living in the past and then talk about the past. Same sentence since trades cant happen till the summer things will change by then. I also saw a tweet that they were willing to give a first to get rid of him. Was it true? who knows besides the GMs. But if it was true then no one was willing to take his contract. As he plays more seasons then teams may require less but for most of next year I could see it being 2 first.
    So, a tweet is a valid source? Because I saw tweets that they weren’t going to trade Durant.

I also haven’t been interested in a positive asset trade for Ben since he didn’t play the rest of the season after being traded to BKN. Believe what you want.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, a tweet is a valid source? Because I saw tweets that they weren’t going to trade Durant.

I also haven’t been interested in a positive asset trade for Ben since he didn’t play the rest of the season after being traded to BKN. Believe what you want.
    I never said a tweet was valid but I believe it was either shams or woj that tweeted it. If it came from them then I would say it was pretty valid. I had one other that I was following that was throwing out some speculation but mostly news after shams and woj. As far as the Durant thing that was what I was talking about things can change and things that might have been true a few days ago may no longer be.

You do realize that he stopped playing long before this thread even started. He did not play at the 2021-2022 season and you were wanting him with giving up assets in this thread. I cant say what you were willing to give up once he went to Brooklyn as I am not going to dig if you even said it.

I like how you never respond to things that call you out as you ae so wrong most of the time you just ignore it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said a tweet was valid but I believe it was either shams or woj that tweeted it. If it came from them then I would say it was pretty valid. I had one other that I was following that was throwing out some speculation but mostly news after shams and woj. As far as the Durant thing that was what I was talking about things can change and things that might have been true a few days ago may no longer be.

You do realize that he stopped playing long before this thread even started. He did not play at the 2021-2022 season and you were wanting him with giving up assets in this thread. I cant say what you were willing to give up once he went to Brooklyn as I am not going to dig if you even said it.

I like how you never respond to things that call you out as you ae so wrong most of the time you just ignore it.
    I know the whole history of the Simmons soap opera. He was holding out, or he wasn’t holding out. He was injured or he wasn’t injured. Once he was traded, and didn’t resume playing, he became a negative asset in my opinion, whether it was the more likely injury scenario or mental issues or both.

When you mentioned the Durant thing in the same post that you said you got your informational from an indeterminate tweet, I said that the Durant information I got was from a tweet JUST like your information was. Responded. You then made some vague accusation of me still wanting to send positive assets for him, but admitted that you couldn’t bother to track the post. No response needed.

This little exchange all started when you got butthurt about being called out about thinking we could pry two unprotected FRPs for cap rental, when literally days ago, no one got even one unprotected FRP for cap rental. Once cornered, you resorted to vague accusations that you refused to research or back up. I’ll take my W, and move on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the whole history of the Simmons soap opera. He was holding out, or he wasn’t holding out. He was injured or he wasn’t injured. Once he was traded, and didn’t resume playing, he became a negative asset in my opinion, whether it was the more likely injury scenario or mental issues or both.

When you mentioned the Durant thing in the same post that you said you got your informational from an indeterminate tweet, I said that the Durant information I got was from a tweet JUST like your information was. Responded. You then made some vague accusation of me still wanting to send positive assets for him, but admitted that you couldn’t bother to track the post. No response needed.

This little exchange all started when you got butthurt about being called out about thinking we could pry two unprotected FRPs for cap rental, when literally days ago, no one got even one unprotected FRP for cap rental. Once cornered, you resorted to vague accusations that you refused to research or back up. I’ll take my W, and move on.
    You know the whole story of the Simmons soap opera?? Then why dont you know if it was injury or holding out, mental or physical. btw knowing the whole story would mean you would know that.

I dont understand what the durant information has to deal to much with this. I was saying it was reported as fact and then came to be untrue. This was not meant to say you were wrong on it just that things reported to be true turn out not to be. I did not say you still wanted to I was saying when it was going down and He was not playing you were still wanting to send out positive asst to get him. You can find this through the first several pages of this thread. I said once he went to Brooklyn I could not say what you wanted. (learn to read) This is what I was not going to did for because I did not know if you even stated it once he went to Brooklyn if you were willing to give up assets.

The response that you did not reply to was how you say dont live in the past and then go to the past in the same sentence. Its more recent but is still the past as the next trades cant happen until the summer. And also how you like to present things as fact although you are wrong.

Once again you are presenting this as fact that we cannot got 2 first round picks for his contract. You do not know this. You may think this will not happen but you do not know this. I would have never thought that Gobert or KD would be able to get the # of picks/players they got for them. I also would not have thought LA would have got off of Wetbrooks contract and get back what they got. So you cannot say what will or will not happen in the future.
    As far as what I sad was what it would take for me to consider it a trade the spurs should make not what we could get. If it was much less then that I would walk. I never said we could get that. I said "if we could get the 27 and 29 picks from the Suns I would take those to take on his contract. " This does not say we will but if we could get that then I would take on his contract.
    This started because you came in here trying to sound like it was a crazy Idea of it happening because you know everything. There is no way to know what he would be traded for or if he would be traded. You cannot say with certainty if that could or could not happen though currently. Just like when you you were trying to give away DJM and acting like Ben was so much better you were wrong on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the whole story of the Simmons soap opera?? Then why dont you know if it was injury or holding out, mental or physical. btw knowing the whole story would mean you would know that.

I dont understand what the durant information has to deal to much with this. I was saying it was reported as fact and then came to be untrue. This was not meant to say you were wrong on it just that things reported to be true turn out not to be. I did not say you still wanted to I was saying when it was going down and He was not playing you were still wanting to send out positive asst to get him. You can find this through the first several pages of this thread. I said once he went to Brooklyn I could not say what you wanted. (learn to read) This is what I was not going to did for because I did not know if you even stated it once he went to Brooklyn if you were willing to give up assets.

The response that you did not reply to was how you say dont live in the past and then go to the past in the same sentence. Its more recent but is still the past as the next trades cant happen until the summer. And also how you like to present things as fact although you are wrong.

Once again you are presenting this as fact that we cannot got 2 first round picks for his contract. You do not know this. You may think this will not happen but you do not know this. I would have never thought that Gobert or KD would be able to get the # of picks/players they got for them. I also would not have thought LA would have got off of Wetbrooks contract and get back what they got. So you cannot say what will or will not happen in the future.
    As far as what I sad was what it would take for me to consider it a trade the spurs should make not what we could get. If it was much less then that I would walk. I never said we could get that. I said "if we could get the 27 and 29 picks from the Suns I would take those to take on his contract. " This does not say we will but if we could get that then I would take on his contract.
    This started because you came in here trying to sound like it was a crazy Idea of it happening because you know everything. There is no way to know what he would be traded for or if he would be traded. You cannot say with certainty if that could or could not happen though currently. Just like when you you were trying to give away DJM and acting like Ben was so much better you were wrong on it.
    Take your L with some grace. You were operating on old information, both with what I thought of Simmons, and what current compensation models for cap rental are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take your L with some grace. You were operating on old information, both with what I thought of Simmons, and what current compensation models for cap rental are.
    Why would I take the L I am correct. You are not really trying to say you were correct on Simmons are you? As I said previously When you know you are wrong do dont respond you deflect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow, things must be bad when I find myself agreeing with Perk...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad your took your L by quoting yourself.

Thread Information