Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1898
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Teams won’t pay what they want, because Ben wants out, and that destroys any leverage Philly might have.
    Exactly. They think they can get Lillard for him lol and Taylor Swift will show up out of the blue and sit on my lap. If Nets offer them Irving they need to take that because it's the best return they can get for him in regards to better talent. Of course who knows if Irving will ever play bball again.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they want more and overvalue him. They think they can get an AD or better package. no one has come even close. If he was as good as Philly has been trying to say dont you think there would be multiple teams paying what they wanted. 29 teams have not been willing to pay what they are asking none have even been close to meeting it.
    No, because they don't have leverage. There aren't many teams able to begin with. Again, if Murray was actually better than Simmons our name would have never been mentioned.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because they don't have leverage. There aren't many teams able to begin with. Again, if Murray was actually better than Simmons our name would have never been mentioned.
    look at the other players that the teams did not have leverage and yet they still got a good package. Ben is not as good or valued around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD, Paul george, Harden seemed to get good returns even though they wanted out. AD was sitting out. Harden was intentionally playing poor and I think George was threatening to sit out.
    New Orleans sat AD, because the situation was becoming a distraction. The NBAPA then forced the issue to at least play him minutes. Turns out the Pels were right. It was a distraction. The home fans booed him when he played his 10 minutes per game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans sat AD, because the situation was becoming a distraction. The NBAPA then forced the issue to at least play him minutes. Turns out the Pels were right. It was a distraction. The home fans booed him when he played his 10 minutes per game.
    but if your saying 76ers have no power it is a similar situation. They still got a good package out of it for him. noone wants to give up a similar package for Ben. not even close. He is not as good as people on here want to say he is. If he was he would have been gone a long time ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD, Paul george, Harden seemed to get good returns even though they wanted out. AD was sitting out. Harden was intentionally playing poor and I think George was threatening to sit out.
    Those are all vastly superior players to Simmons and George's case was unique since the Clips needed to get him for Kawhi so in a sense it wasn't just PG for all those assets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelican fans are bunnies compared to Sixers fans. Simmons will get booed and it will be a distraction. Morey wants to show he’s the one in-charge, but ultimately he would have to give in, or he’ll soon see Embiid also asking out to findi a better situation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are all vastly superior players to Simmons and George's case was unique since the Clips needed to get him for Kawhi so in a sense it wasn't just PG for all those assets

But but but Ben is a 3 time all star and 2 time Defense team. Your actually kinda helping my point that he is overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But but but Ben is a 3 time all star and 2 time Defense team. Your actually kinda helping my point that he is overrated.
    I think your issue is more that you're overrating Murray. Simmons is a multi-time all that stuff, but even if he's not as good as the top-five or top-10 guys, Murray is many tiers below them. Like I would say Simmons is a second- or third-tier guy while Harden is a first. Murray is optimistically a fourth-tier guy but has played like a sixth-tier guy. Simmons can be overrated and still be a superior player. The ideas aren't mutually exclusive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop saying a guy is good just because he is a multiple times all star. For all of Duncan's career Spurs has never had 3 all stars and there were even seasons in his prime where Spurs only have one. The Utah has 3 this past season, so does that mean that last year's Utah will wipe every single Duncan's team?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop saying a guy is good just because he is a multiple times all star. For all of Duncan's career Spurs has never had 3 all stars and there were even seasons in his prime where Spurs only have one. The Utah has 3 this past season, so does that mean that last year's Utah will wipe every single Duncan's team?
    Simmons is not a top player on a top team. He is at most a complementary player. He probably thinks to much of him self to where I dont even know if he can be that. This is why I say you are over estimating him. By you calling Murray someone that plays like a 6th but is a 4th really shows how much you under vale him. I knew you were doing this by you other post but it is even more then I thought. Im bad at searching for threads but I hope someone brings this up at the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it makes sense to keep comparing Simmons and Murray. Simmons is a max guy making double the salary of Murray. He's supposed to be better. I'd say the question is whether pairing Murray with a future #1 option would make more sense than trying to find a complementary player to pair with Simmons. It's close, but I think it does. Simmons had trouble sharing the court with a prime Jimmy Butler plus an MVP level center, and I don't think he's aggressive enough to build an offense around like Milwaukee did with Giannis. Hate to bring up bad memories, but in an alternate universe, the starting line up of the Spurs would feature Murray, White, and Kawhi... and that could be a championship worthy trio.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-16-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is not a top player on a top team. He is at most a complementary player. He probably thinks to much of him self to where I dont even know if he can be that. This is why I say you are over estimating him. By you calling Murray someone that plays like a 6th but is a 4th really shows how much you under vale him. I knew you were doing this by you other post but it is even more then I thought. Im bad at searching for threads but I hope someone brings this up at the end of the season.
    Since when did i overestimate Ben Simmons? My stance on him is that he back off challenges and cannot be depend on in clutch. Also when did i mention anything about Murray being a 6th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Ben Wallace was like the leader of the pistons. And simmons is a much better player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when did i overestimate Ben Simmons? My stance on him is that he back off challenges and cannot be depend on in clutch. Also when did i mention anything about Murray being a 6th?
    That was meant to reply to chinock

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Ben Wallace was like the leader of the pistons. And simmons is a much better player.
    They are different players. I also dont think Wallace ever got the max he could but I could be wrong. I would say wallace was actually the better player. Both were bad on offense and simmons can pass but wallace was much better on defense. He actually could anchor a defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a tweet tha today he worked out with the Sixers…. Awkward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a tweet tha today he worked out with the Sixers…. Awkward
    Simmons and Klutch played this very badly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no precedent with someone of his caliber, on a le-contending team, with that long of a contract to ask out. I imagine this would've happened sooner rather than later. If not Simmons it would have been someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no precedent with someone of his caliber, on a le-contending team, with that long of a contract to ask out. I imagine this would've happened sooner rather than later. If not Simmons it would have been someone else.
    ridiculous, Doc and the team and the fans all took a on him. Whether he deserved that ridicule or not, there's absolutely precedence for Simmons to want out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. They put him under the bus and have teased to trade him the last season. He is getting the the 2nd best player on a team on a max contract treatment. We saw that with LMA with us. And look at Porzingis in dallas. Brown in Celtics. Difference is that their coaches haven't put them under the bus. So i understand he wants out. But klutch has handled that poorly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming back looks more pathetic IMO. Then someone leaked a story about him trying to get out of a playoff game using Covid exposure…that’s not going to raise his stock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ridiculous, Doc and the team and the fans all took a on him. Whether he deserved that ridicule or not, there's absolutely precedence for Simmons to want out
    No one ridiculed him. They just said he shouldn't suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the media... You just don't do that in a league where players are know to be bigger divas than the chicks in WWE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s ridicule.

Thread Information