Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1898
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But i would want McDermott to stay too. Murray/White, vassell, simmons, McDermott, Poeltl line up is solid.
    Come on now, McD is ultra expendable in a Simmons trade. I could see the Sixers not wanting him because he still has 2 more years on his contract, compared to Young who is an expiring, but there's no reason to insist on keeping McD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on now, McD is ultra expendable in a Simmons trade. I could see the Sixers not wanting him because he still has 2 more years on his contract, compared to Young who is an expiring, but there's no reason to insist on keeping McD.
    It would be difficult to find a player that shoots that well at that price and fits well with Simmons. Spurs should find a player for young that sixers would like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put it this way. I prefer having McDermott instead of walker.
    I would package young and Walker for a piece, then save that with White or Murray and perhaps Johnson.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like 3 ASGs and two All NBA teams and Two All D teams. Totally overrated…to casuals.
    You forgot — zero heart

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put it this way. I prefer having McDermott instead of walker.
    I would package young and Walker for a piece, then save that with White or Murray and perhaps Johnson.
    That's fair. If I misconstrued your post as saying that including McD would be a dealbreaker that's my mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Simmons earlier, but since have warmed up with the core that Spurs have now. If ever, I rather part with Keldon, Thad, Bulls’ 1st and our 2nd. Definitely would not part with Devin. He’s my favorite player, and I think will be a very very special player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons just doesn't move the needle for me. He's relatively young extremely talented and productive.
    DJ is younger and paid half as much. I do agree Simmons is more impactful player- but maybe it's narrowed.

I say no for various reasons-
    First and foremost his game has a huge flaw in it. Could he even play with DJ, Poodle etc. When was the last time a contending teams best player couldn't reliably hit a jump shot (for that matter not even try)?
    He's owed ~109 million after this year. As above, his flaws would need a re-eval, probable re-boot of the roster. His salary does not give much flexibility.
    Finally, would he even want to come to SA. You give up assets to get him then you are trying to unload him again.

Of course if he would want to be In SA, fix his Jump shot (and mental block issues) you got something. Those are a lot of ifs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons just doesn't move the needle for me. He's relatively young extremely talented and productive.
    DJ is younger and paid half as much. I do agree Simmons is more impactful player- but maybe it's narrowed.

I say no for various reasons-
    First and foremost his game has a huge flaw in it. Could he even play with DJ, Poodle etc. When was the last time a contending teams best player couldn't reliably hit a jump shot (for that matter not even try)?
    He's owed ~109 million after this year. As above, his flaws would need a re-eval, probable re-boot of the roster. His salary does not give much flexibility.
    Finally, would he even want to come to SA. You give up assets to get him then you are trying to unload him again.

Of course if he would want to be In SA, fix his Jump shot (and mental block issues) you got something. Those are a lot of ifs
    . Ben Simmons is like 60 days older than DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Ben Simmons is like 60 days older than DJ.
    Sorry I meant to add that in- point I didn't make very well is there's a sense that he is still a really young player when DJ is actually two months younger. I really see the appeal of trying to get him while his potential price is really low. A lot of the appeal is based on equal parts how he has performed to date and his huge potential. However, he is entering that age where he is what he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like 3 ASGs and two All NBA teams and Two All D teams. Totally overrated…to casuals.
    U are using popularity awards to justify he is good? FFS Zaza leads ASG voting in a year. Anyway he can has thousands of award but being a diva who refuse to play for the team he owes a contract to is useless to the team. Why do you think he is still stuck at 76ers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U are using popularity awards to justify he is good? FFS Zaza leads ASG voting in a year. Anyway he can has thousands of award but being a diva who refuse to play for the team he owes a contract to is useless to the team. Why do you think he is still stuck at 76ers.

He calls out people as casuals while posting about all-star selections.

Anyone who wants Simmons on his current deal should just find another team to follow.

How many times it has to be said that we'd have to trade more or less the entire roster in order to accomodate a "young socialite" who has less range than Jakob while being paid 40 million a year?

At this point, I wouldn't give up a single asset for him.

16/8/8 with 2 steals in his best season while everyone's focused on Embiid and shooters, pretty much an ideal scenario.
    What do you think will happen if he gets traded to a bad team? You guessed it right, his production will drop because he won't have any space to operate. With Sixers opponents always let him do his thing becasue everyone knew Ben Simmons can't win games with his offense. And offense is still a huge problem for us. Among the worst teams in the league from deep.

Meanwhile, we have DJ averaging 19/8.5/8.5 with 2 steals for half the price. And he's becoming a decent 3pt shooter. 35% on more than 4 attempts. While being great from mid-range.

Just close this thread already, even though PATFO's work has been terrible over the past years, they're not trading for young socialite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He calls out people as casuals while posting about all-star selections.

Anyone who wants Simmons on his current deal should just find another team to follow.

How many times it has to be said that we'd have to trade more or less the entire roster in order to accomodate a "young socialite" who has less range than Jakob while being paid 40 million a year?

At this point, I wouldn't give up a single asset for him.

16/8/8 with 2 steals in his best season while everyone's focused on Embiid and shooters, pretty much an ideal scenario.
    What do you think will happen if he gets traded to a bad team? You guessed it right, his production will drop because he won't have any space to operate. With Sixers opponents always let him do his thing becasue everyone knew Ben Simmons can't win games with his offense. And offense is still a huge problem for us. Among the worst teams in the league from deep.

Meanwhile, we have DJ averaging 19/8.5/8.5 with 2 steals for half the price. And he's becoming a decent 3pt shooter. 35% on more than 4 attempts. While being great from mid-range.

Just close this thread already, even though PATFO's work has been terrible over the past years, they're not trading for young socialite.
    I think you’re undervaluing his size and def he brings to a team, I’m not saying the spurs should trade for him especially since the 76ers want a ransom for him but he’s better then a lot of people around here make him out to be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id rather keep our core and use our large cap space to bring in a good player in the summer. Beal or Ayton would be awesome on this team!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you’re undervaluing his size and def he brings to a team, I’m not saying the spurs should trade for him especially since the 76ers want a ransom for him but he’s better then a lot of people around here make him out to be
    If you need to adjust the entire roster to just one player and that player can't carry the team even when you do, then he's not worth trading for. And if we disregard his huge mentality and work ethic issues, Simmons can look great with 4 shooters around him. But even then he wouldn't be good enough to carry a serious playoff team. And he's on a max deal. Too many ifs and buts for someone who's not a star player. Definitely not worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id rather keep our core and use our large cap space to bring in a good player in the summer. Beal or Ayton would be awesome on this team!
    I've tried to look at this from as many sides as possible but I always come to the same answer. Nope.
    Although he has some serious character and talent flaws, he is still a talented athlete which any team could use . That's one point for the trade for Ben Simmons side.
    Trading for Simmons would cost a good chunk of our starting line up plus future assets. That's one point for the don't trade for Ben Simmons side.
    He likes POP as a coach. That's another point for the trade for Ben Simmons side.
    Pop is going to retire soon. That's one point for the don't trade for Ben Simmons side.
    Simmons would be making 40 million at the end of his contract. That's a scary number. The spurs front office is very conservative when it comes to salary. Then the player possibly quits on you while earning that kind of money Sorry Philly thanks but no thanks. That's like ten points for the don't trade for Ben Simmons side.
    Conclusion: If the spurs want to be part of the eventual Simmons trade, go ahead lets see if we can improve the team, just don't trade for Simmons. Look what's its done to Philly. A pretty talented team that's barely above .500. I guess that's why they want to get rid of him.
    To quote Nancy Reagan, just say "NO".
    Last edited by jjspur; 12-10-2021 at 10:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Russel Westbrook is going to make the All-Star team over DJ is sickening to me. Dejounte has shown great strides in leadership and play. He runs the offense well, he is no longer afraid to shoot the ball or attack the basket, and he is playing A-level defense. This dude NEEDS to be on the all star team this year. I know it's tight at the guard position but I hope Pop rallies hard for this kid to make it to both the media and the coaches.

Steph, Paul, Dame, Westbrook. If Dame can somehow get more votes than Westbrick (which I doubt) that's the only way I cans see Murray making it.

be Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wieskamp will make McDermott redundant. Simmons makes DJ redundant. So, the absolute cost is Vassell.

I’m surprised they’re willing to take two guys 25 and over, one of them being 30.
    primo can make vassell redundant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offer White, Young and Lonnie. If they balk, we walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offer White, Young and Lonnie. If they balk, we walk.
    they'll balk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for an unprofessional head case is lunacy. No way do I swap Murray for Simmons and any trade doesn’t make the Spurs better. If the Spurs want to shake things up, we need to target players that can score on all 3 levels and especially from 3. I rather stand pat for now and let our young guys continue to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons was a coaches selection reserve all 3 times he was an AS. In addition, the All NBA selections can’t be spun as a popularity contest. Try something else, or just flat admit that you hate him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give them McDermott, Thad Young, Walker and the Chicago pick. That’s as far as I would be willing to go and I’m not even sure if that’s a good deal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons looks like damaged goods to me. How long would it be before Simmons is demanding a trade from the Spurs? Not really in the mood to watch the team implode again. I’m just now warming up to this group since it was hard to watch the big 3 retire and then Kawhi pull his stunt. I just don’t think he makes enough of an impact. Especially if we have to give up 3 offensive assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Simmons earlier, but since have warmed up with the core that Spurs have now. If ever, I rather part with Keldon, Thad, Bulls’ 1st and our 2nd. Definitely would not part with Devin. He’s my favorite player, and I think will be a very very special player.
    i believe this too

and seeing the rising of DJ, i believe these 2 can definitely help make this Spurs team relevant again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still would not trade for Simmons. he is not good. he is living off of name. If he could play center he might be good but he is to small to do that against good centers. GS he might be able to do it against. with the spacing even PF would be hard for him to play. He is just overrated. I will be glad when he is traded so people will see how overrated he is.
    I wouldn't want him either personally. He gives me Kawhi vibes. I hate when I see that stupid ass "He needs to get over himself" . Lmmfao But it definitely applies to that fool.

Thread Information