Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointed if KJ was traded.
    At least that particular one was a fake Shams account... look at the handle last name: Charaiia

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‎Chad Ford's NBA Big Board - NBA Draft Podcast: NBA Power Rankings w/ Marc Stein on Apple Podcasts

At 1:05:53, Stein says: "I mean, the Spurs, as you know, they would love to get in the Ben Simmons sweepstakes, they just, I don't think have enough to, you know, somebody would have to really fall in love with some of their young guards to, for any kind of multi-team Simmons scenario to materialize for San Antonio."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‎Chad Ford's NBA Big Board - NBA Draft Podcast: NBA Power Rankings w/ Marc Stein on Apple Podcasts

At 1:05:53, Stein says: "I mean, the Spurs, as you know, they would love to get in the Ben Simmons sweepstakes, they just, I don't think have enough to, you know, somebody would have to really fall in love with some of their young guards to, for any kind of multi-team Simmons scenario to materialize for San Antonio."
    Good, would rather go thru an evaluation year than invest four years of cap space, draft capitol, and young players that haven't plateaued yet.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean the Spurs don't have for talent to send out, but it's not like the Wolves are going to send anything decent out if they win the Simmons sweepstakes either. I don't see how Philly isn't getting raped in whatever deal they do between now and September 30th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stein is still peddling this horse .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the Spurs don't have for talent to send out, but it's not like the Wolves are going to send anything decent out if they win the Simmons sweepstakes either. I don't see how Philly isn't getting raped in whatever deal they do between now and September 30th.
    Yup. Sactos offer was Hield, a player they’ve been trying to dump for a year, and Bagley, another player they’ve been trying to dump for a year. They won’t part with Fox or Haliburton, nor will Minny part with KAT or Ant.

If you start with the premise that Philly is getting boned, I think our talent stacks up with what other teams are willing to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Sactos offer was Hield, a player they’ve been trying to dump for a year, and Bagley, another player they’ve been trying to dump for a year. They won’t part with Fox or Haliburton, nor will Minny part with KAT or Ant.

If you start with the premise that Philly is getting boned, I think our talent stacks up with what other teams are willing to offer.
    Minnesota won't even consider Russell much less Edwards or Towns. Can't wait to see the sandwich Morey is going to have to swallow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering that young still hasn't been traded, seems to me that the spurs are still in the talks involving something bigger. I assume sixers would want Young but also want a two way guard. A Young and Murray package appears to be one of the better deals out there. Amazing really how much simmons stock has tanked.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But is there a chance one of those teams give in and cave? Say sacto can agree to give haliburton for instance. Or wolves on Russel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But is there a chance one of those teams give in and cave? Say sacto can agree to give haliburton for instance. Or wolves on Russel.
    I think Halliburton might have more value in the league, but sixers aren't winning with them. And they need to win now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many would want to take at high risk for a $40M player that you can defend in late 4Q by hack a Shaq and screw him mentally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Morey will get screwed, he's too good a GM for that. Whomever is involved in the deal with Philly will lose several players and picks. I still say the spurs could be involved just not getting Simmons but maybe a a higher draft pick for T. Young or even a younger player and a 2nd. I know this has been discussed before but its usually where we get Simmons and lose half our starting lineup. In this deal we lose Young but we get a pick(s) and possibly a replacement player just not Simmons. That seems more plausible that us getting Simmons and losing part of the starting lineup and a ton of future picks.

Morey is a very experienced GM and make deals all the time unlike our front office. He'll screw someone over to get rid of problem boy Simmons. I just hope its not the spurs.
    Last edited by jjspur; 09-20-2021 at 07:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Morey will get screwed, he's too good a GM for that. Whomever is involved in the deal with Philly will lose several players and picks. I still say the spurs could be involved just not getting Simmons but maybe a a higher draft pick for T. Young or even a younger player and a 2nd. I know this has been discussed before but its usually where we get Simmons and lose half our starting lineup. In this deal we lose Young but we get a pick(s) and possibly a replacement player just not Simmons. That seems more plausible that us getting Simmons and losing part of the starting lineup and a ton of future picks.

Morey is a very experienced GM and make deals all the time unlike our front office. He'll screw someone over to get rid of problem boy Simmons. I just hope its not the spurs.
    Morey isn’t that going to get screwed because he’s a bad GM, he’s going to get screwed because of bad cir stances. Simmons wants out, and everyone knows it, knocking his value way down. In addition, there is a countdown. Simmons gets paid half his salary on October 1st, and if Philly still has him as an asset, they have to pay that, and that’s money they’ll never get back.
    I also think other front offices are tired of wonder boy Morey, and would like to take him down a peg or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey isn’t that going to get screwed because he’s a bad GM, he’s going to get screwed because of bad cir stances. Simmons wants out, and everyone knows it, knocking his value way down. In addition, there is a countdown. Simmons gets paid half his salary on October 1st, and if Philly still has him as an asset, they have to pay that, and that’s money they’ll never get back.
    I also think other front offices are tired of wonder boy Morey, and would like to take him down a peg or two.
    The wonder boy shtick is overrated too. Morey got a heist of a deal when he got Harden from Thunder, but those were cir stances driven rather than any special insight into Harden's game that only Morey had. His deal for Howard was a bad one, the way it played out. He got Paul in a good deal with the Clippers, but that was also cir stances driven and the deal for Westbrook made the Rockets worse off. The Rockets should never have let Paul go, but they yielded to Harden who scooted the first opportunity he got.

Morey's teams barely worked out drafted talent and let them bloom into good players too. They were mostly dumped to make the next big move with a lot of bombast only for the Rockets coming up short. Morey's greatest contribution is the acceleration of the three point shooting drive that sucked the all-round joy out of basketball and made it like a video-game when the Rockets played. It was no wonder that the fans hated the Rockets despite their high scoring. It didn't yield them much success either unlike more well rounded teams that used three point shooting as *one* major weapon in the arsenal rather than making it the only weapon. Mid-range shooting stars like Durant, Middleton, Kawhi, who also played an all round game are now very valuable as are unicorns who dominate in the paint.

The RCB era in San Antonio lasted a long time and ever since Wright has taken over, there have been mistakes galore by the front office. That has taken the sheen off RCB a bit, but RCB towers way above Morey in success and defining how teams are constructed for the long haul.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In some ways this case screams for being the first test case where a team say “f you” to the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In some ways this case screams for being the first test case where a team say “f you” to the player.
    They can say that now because it's the offseason but wait til he doesnt report to camp, or if he does and starts giving 0 effort like Harden did before Houston traded him. Them wasting a year of Embiid's prime is hurting them more than Simmons who will get paid regardless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can say that now because it's the offseason but wait til he doesnt report to camp, or if he does and starts giving 0 effort like Harden did before Houston traded him. Them wasting a year of Embiid's prime is hurting them more than Simmons who will get paid regardless
    Sure, buts it’s a good test case for
    withholding pay. I’m sure Morey is litigious as F too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, buts it’s a good test case for
    withholding pay. I’m sure Morey is litigious as F too.
    They have to pay Simmons on October 1st and he wouldn't have missed anything but three days of training camp by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Simmons is super high risk to trade good assets for. No one is going to offer Morey much to get him. Everyone looking at Simmons right now is thinking of getting him off the scrap heap for pennies on the dollar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The same Morey that traded away Paul for Westbrook? That same GM that is too good to get screwed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Philly wants to ensure that they don't get free agents in the future they should definitely be as punitive as possible with Simmon's pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same Morey that traded away Paul for Westbrook? That same GM that is too good to get screwed?
    The same Morey that wouldn't put Simmons on the table for Houston so he could get Harden to Philly dude sucks as a GM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny comment I read on Yahoo NBA:

With all due respect to Rudy Gobert, Simmons is far and away the best defensive player on the planet. He is the only player capable of destroying both team's offense at the same time.”

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny comment I read on Yahoo NBA:

With all due respect to Rudy Gobert, Simmons is far and away the best defensive player on the planet. He is the only player capable of destroying both team's offense at the same time.”

That reminds me of a dig against Bob Hill, saying that he should have won DPOY because nobody else could hold the Admiral under 20 points per game (ostensibly by limiting his playing time).

Am I remembering this right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons makes a lot of money. Maybe include Young to help match salary in order to get that 1st round pick?

Thread Information