Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1898
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just bringing him back to trade him later... like the clips did with Blake Griffin LUL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is more a favor to Simmons. Rich Paul is freaking out because his money is drying up. No one wants Simmons if he won't even show up to play. Once Harden showed up, he got traded. Teams need at least some guarantee that the player isn't a total nutjob and wants to play basketball. This is Philly trying to help a stupid, stupid, stupid player out. And for once in his life Rich Paul is acting like a professional, because he needs his money.
    He under contract for several more years...how is his money drying up exactly? Are you extrapolating this out to say it's hurting him with other clients?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is more a favor to Simmons. Rich Paul is freaking out because his money is drying up. No one wants Simmons if he won't even show up to play. Once Harden showed up, he got traded. Teams need at least some guarantee that the player isn't a total nutjob and wants to play basketball. This is Philly trying to help a stupid, stupid, stupid player out. And for once in his life Rich Paul is acting like a professional, because he needs his money.
    Simmons has already been paid until basically Thanksgiving. Happened in July. Nobody’s freaking out, except maybe Morey.

Rich Paul dumped Marcus Morris like a ugly girl after that Knicks debacle, so that isn’t even true, either. Do better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the East officially has one less contender this year unless he's traded later.

New Jersey, Miami and Milwaukee, in that order, methinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the East officially has one less contender this year unless he's traded later.

Brooklyn, Miami and Milwaukee, in that order, methinks.
    Fixed it for you, I make the same mistake often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve made this mistake enough times that I just say Nets now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You figure Miami over Milwaukee? Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to see the reception he gets. That's going to be some must see .
    I always thought the Spurs should have played it all the way out with Kawhi.

It will be interesting to see how it goes for Philly if they do.

Perhaps a glimpse into Christmas (or Scroogey anti-Christmas) past.

It's a gamble, but blinking to sell low is also a gamble. Do you want to maintain your image as player-friendly with the workforce? How much is that worth?

Welcome to the modern NBA.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a gamble, but blinking to sell low is also a gamble. Do you want to maintain your image as player-friendly with the workforce? How much is that worth?

Yeah I was the one saying just suspend Leonard for the season and let him sit out another year of his prime. Oh well, got Keldon out of that trade at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Morey, but in a way he’s putting a big “Up Yours” to potential “diva” forcing their way out of a team. I don’t think he gains from it though. I still think he should cut his losses and get the team behind Embiid as early as possible, avoiding any kind of distractions. Still, Morey is showing other teams how to handle it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The 76ers haven't been a contender in the Embiid-Simmons era and won't be post Simmons unless they luck into trading him + whatever is required for for Lillard or Beal.

The Heat aren't contenders either.

Only the Nets, Bucks and maybe Lakers are. The Clippers and probably Nuggets would be, if/when healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops...thanks!! Old habits!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You figure Miami over Milwaukee? Why?
    I think Milwaukee got weaker. And, as we know, it's hard to keep that intensity up after winning the le. I like the addition of Lowry, if he has anything left in the tank. Same for P.J. Tucker. Miami has a nice mix of youth and veterans and some pretty good shooting to boot. I wasn't excited with Milwaukee's off-season. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was the one saying just suspend Leonard for the season and let him sit out another year of his prime. Oh well, got Keldon out of that trade at least.
    I just don't think the Spurs were accustomed to dealing with divas like Kawhi. They certainly didn't score great in their handling of the situation, but nephew also made it tougher on them than it needed to be.

He knocked this franchise on its butt with his antics. The Spurs will climb out of it, but had he played ball a little bit (literally) he could have made it better on everyone. B!tch moves by a little b!tch.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would have been nice but if the Spurs called Kawhi's bluff he'd agree to play then find a doc to sideline him, like Simmons will probably end up doing if he stays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would have been nice but if the Spurs called Kawhi's bluff he'd agree to play then find a doc to sideline him, like Simmons will probably end up doing if he stays
    Could be wrong, but I seem to recall the NBA sets up a neutral panel of doctors at that point. Again, could be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 76ers haven't been a contender in the Embiid-Simmons era and won't be post Simmons unless they luck into trading him + whatever is required for for Lillard or Beal.

The Heat aren't contenders either.

Only the Nets, Bucks and maybe Lakers are. The Clippers and probably Nuggets would be, if/when healthy.
    I haven't really followed the Celtics but what happened to them? Only a few years ago, they were full of youth and picks, and were knocking on the conference finals, but they seemed to have squandered it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have been fine with me. Waste another year of his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be wrong, but I seem to recall the NBA sets up a neutral panel of doctors at that point. Again, could be wrong.

I believe that's only where there's a condition that might be life-threatening, such as Ingram's blood clots, or LMA's heart condition, and a disagreement arises whether he can safely play. In that case an NBA panel of doctors can examine the issue, to decide if the player should be allowed to participate.

In cases of injury, I believe the CBA provides only that the player has a right to a second medical opinion -- which is how Leonard ended up in NY, iirc. He went there for the second opinion, and then never came back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't really followed the Celtics but what happened to them? Only a few years ago, they were full of youth and picks, and were knocking on the conference finals, but they seemed to have squandered it.
    They had too many prime and young star or starter level players 3 seasons ago, which led to inevitable chemistry issues. Since then, they lost Irving, Rozier, Morris, Hayward in free agency, failed to make their dream Davis trade or any big trade period, had some bad luck with teams like the Grizzlies and Kings being better than expected certain years which lessened the value of their picks which they owned and have yet to get much out of many of their post Tatum and Brown picks.

Despite all that and current Heat hype, I actually think they're probably the third best team in the East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I always wondered if it crossed the Spurs mind, or seek some sort of compensation for the year he didn't play due "injury".
    The situations though are not quite the same. Simmons has 4 years left, nephew only 1. They're a little similar as neither had or has much of a market. Neph, because he had only one year left and Simmons because he has 4 years left at high dollar with a huge flaw in his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always wondered if it crossed the Spurs mind, or seek some sort of compensation for the year he didn't play due "injury".
    The situations though are not quite the same. Simmons has 4 years left, nephew only 1. They're a little similar as neither had or has much of a market. Neph, because he had only one year left and Simmons because he has 4 years left at high dollar with a huge flaw in his game.
    Leonard had two years left when he started sitting out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had too many prime and young star or starter level players 3 seasons ago, which led to inevitable chemistry issues. Since then, they lost Irving, Rozier, Morris, Hayward in free agency, failed to make their dream Davis trade or any big trade period, had some bad luck with teams like the Grizzlies and Kings being better than expected certain years which lessened the value of their picks which they owned and have yet to get much out of many of their post Tatum and Brown picks.

Despite all that and current Heat hype, I actually think they're probably the third best team in the East.
    Yeah, and Ainge has no loyalty. I think players have caught on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Tatum is just now good enough to do what the Celtics needed him to do when guys like Kemba and Hayward were physically able to be championship pieces. Brown's a very good player, but the Celtics are likely going to have to trade him in the move for a real star. They're also going to have to draft way better than they have recently. They've had several busts as big as Sam over the years. They should have excellent depth at least, but they are razor thin. It's rather inexcusable how badly Ainge handled his war chest outside of two very good picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and Ainge has no loyalty. I think players have caught on.
    Neither does Morey. The players he’s dumped could become their own entire league. I don’t feel sorry at all about the predicament he finds himself in.

Thread Information