Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1898
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just say Portland's self perceived window
    This. If Portland thinks they have a window they will act like it, whether it's true or not.

Overly optimistic GMs make the league go 'round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t going to happen with DJM involved. D White isn’t capable of running a team, Patty is gone, they won’t do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t going to happen with DJM involved. D White isn’t capable of running a team, Patty is gone, they won’t do it
    Isn’t Simmons a PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down 14? Let’s go!! (I’m in the car checking stats) ��.

Wrong thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down 14? Let’s go!! (I’m in the car checking stats) ��.

Wrong thread

wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How close is DJM to rendering himself untradeable?
    He is flat out ballin'! Stronger alpha vibes than Simmons. I can't see the Spurs letting him go. His development is unreal.
    DJ is clearly in the MIP discussion, all-defensive team and the fringes of All-Star team. Pretty amazing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is flat out ballin'! Stronger alpha vibes than Simmons. I can't see the Spurs letting him go. His development is unreal.
    DJ is clearly in the MIP discussion, all-defensive team and the fringes of All-Star team. Pretty amazing.
    I just don't see how the Spurs pull the trigger on a Simmons trade that includes DJM. Unlike in the beginning of the season when one of the prevailing lines of discussion was that DJ couldn't play with Simmons because he couldn't space the floor, Murray is becoming a legit 3-point threat as the next step in his evolution. His game has continually progressed where Simmons' hasn't. Of course, Simmons started at a much higher level and I read where he has really been working on his jumper during this down time (not that I would count on it), so I would love to see a DJM/Simmons pairing. Maybe something like Keldon, White, Young, Chicago's 1st, and Detroit's 2nd can get it done. In the off-season that would probable mean dealing Poeltl if they are at all comfortable with either Landale or Zollins starting at center. The real motivation for this, of course: reinsert Bryn in the starting lineup. LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He absolutely already has rendered himself untradeable (much to my chagrin ).

His major improvements aside, he's always been a fan favorite, and is the clear-cut leader of the team, both in the locker room and on the court, especially with DWhite underperforming this season. He's practically got the org by the balls, the team goes as he goes. It can be a bit worrisome given his hot-headed temper sometimes, but in a star-driven league, it's only logical.

I don't ever see the Spurs trading DJM for Simmons, not even straight up, not even with picks involved coming from Philly. But on the same vein, I don't see the Spurs trading for Simmons at all, his character is a major red flag and the Spurs FO is probably pretty happy with the team they've amassed. If the Spurs were 3-20 right now, I'd say they might jump the gun and go for the "building block" in Simmons, but with the way they've been playing, there's no chance they risk nuking the team, both by getting the leader out, and by replacing him with a diva persona.

This was always a pipe dream thread, and the Spurs playing this season has only made the pipe narrower, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Young, and Lonnie would be the best I'd offer at this point. They wouldn't take it, but that'd be my best offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch did tweets for each player they represent with the ASG hashtags so you’d retweet them to vote. Players had anywhere from single to double digits before lunch…with one exception. Ben Simmons had over 8000 retweet votes this morning.

. People are hilarious, sometimes.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch did tweets for each player they represent with the ASG hashtags so you’d retweet them to vote. Players had anywhere from single to double digits before lunch…with one exception. Ben Simmons had over 8000 retweet votes this morning.

. People are hilarious, sometimes.
    I'm voting for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got like triple the retweet votes of LeBron on their Klutch tweets. Outraged Philly fans quote tweeting and accidentally voting for him is chef’s kiss.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting if he plays 0 games and got starters vote. Probably the coaches will ensure he will not get in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting if he plays 0 games and got starters vote. Probably the coaches will ensure he will not get in.
    Coaches, Media, and players also get to vote on the starters. No way will he get enough votes from any of these groups to get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way Murray has progressed this year, it can be argued that Murray is better than Simmons. Philly should have taken the trade when they had the chance. Conversely, Thaddeus Young's value is shrinking and we needed to have let him go when when his value was much higher.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way Murray has progressed this year, it can be argued that Murray is better than Simmons. Philly should have taken the trade when they had the chance. Conversely, Thaddeus Young's value is shrinking and we needed to have let him go when when his value was much higher.
    I dont know if there was ever a murray for simmons trade or parts added on a side. It was talked about here but I dont know if it was ever talked about by the teams. I was never on the simmons for Murray trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if anything, the Spurs would be involved to facilitate a Simmons trade to another team for draft capital or front court depth. Guys like Thad, Walker and Forbes are decent/solid role players with expiring deals who could be included. Perhaps McNuggets although I believe he signed a multi-year deal. Less likely are guys like White and Poetl who should only be moved to significantly upgrade the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if anything, the Spurs would be involved to facilitate a Simmons trade to another team for draft capital or front court depth. Guys like Thad, Walker and Forbes are decent/solid role players with expiring deals who could be included. Perhaps McNuggets although I believe he signed a multi-year deal. Less likely are guys like White and Poetl who should only be moved to significantly upgrade the roster.
    Forbes has veto rights on any trade, since he’s on a ne year deal. Can’t see him vetoing anything to a contender, but he can be as choosy as he wants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite his undeniable offensive improvement, Murray is still inefficient on ball and sub par off ball, so while I remain skeptical of his place on a good team, between his closing the gap on Simmons and the possible mental state of the latter, it longer makes sense to pursue this considering how many additional assets would be required, as well as the need to find a third team to facilitate it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are FIVE teams left in the race to land Simmons. We break down each possible deal

Ben Cotton
    Ben Cotton from Fox Sports
    ben_cotton15
    December 29th, 2021 3:11 pm
    The NBA’s February 10 trade deadline isn’t far off as Ben Simmons’ standoff with the Philadelphia 76ers continues.

And while a surge of Covid-19 cases is currently dominating the NBA landscape and making it hard for teams to engage in trade talks, the Sixers are expected to again ramp up conversations with rivals soon for the Aussie star.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Sixers “don’t have any real traction on a trade yet” but are set to re-engage with suitors including the Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings and Minnesota Timberwolves before naming the Cleveland Cavaliers as the “team to watch”. The Athletic’s Shams Charania also revealed the Cavs have a “level of interest” in Simmons

Meanwhile, Bally Sports’ NBA Insider Brandon ‘Scoop’ Robinson confirmed the San Antonio Spurs remain keen on Simmons.

It comes after earlier reports that the Sixers are targeting a superstar level talent in return such as James Harden, Damian Lillard, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jaylen Brown — but the reality is Philadelphia may need to start looking a rung down.

In saying that, Simmons is contracted until 2025, meaning suitors aren’t just getting a rental player, thus increasing his value. But how much have the events of recent months affected that?

The 25-year-old Simmons remains away from the Sixers citing mental health issues, while Wojnarowski confirmed Simmons has no plans to return to the team this season, meaning a trade over the next month is the only way to resolve his immediate future.

And so foxsports.com.au has analysed each of the potential five landing spots and their prospects of getting a deal done.

Whether or not they make a move for Simmons, the Pacers are considered one of the teams most likely to shake things up ahead of the trade deadline as they dwindle at the lower end of the Eastern Conference standings. It comes after The Athletic first reported the franchise was open to parting with Caris LeVert and either Domantas Sabonis or Myles Turner in favour of moving towards a substantial rebuild (or tanking) — but this is where a Simmons trade doesn’t necessarily make a heap of sense. While Simmons is only 25 years old, a ‘substantial rebuild’ would indicate accruing long-term assets like draft picks and young upside pieces that won’t help them in the interim (and even makes them worse), so someone like Tyrese Maxey would be a more logical target. Plus any draft picks Indiana took off Philadelphia’s hands would likely be on the lower end of the board. On the Sixers side, the Pacers would be an attractive trade partner as Philadelphia seeks a top-line star that can help them push for the le — with both Sabonis and Turner fitting the bill or not being far off — although it’s unclear how either would mesh with Joel Embiid. The Sixers would ideally get another playmaker in for Simmons, but in terms of who’s actually on the market, Indiana could well have the best assets.

The Kings are another team that, regardless of their legitimate Simmons aspirations, are expected to make moves ahead of the deadline amid another rocky season. Sacramento has maybe the best spread of assets in the league to target a higher-end star and should be bold in trying to climb into the playoff picture after falling short for so many years. This is a team that, as harsh as it sounds, no one has taken seriously for the best part of 20 years, has had one player represent it in the All-Star game since 2004 (DeMarcus Cousins) and just fired its sixth coach in nine seasons. Simmons would make a lot of sense as that franchise star who could potentially help turn their fortunes and make all those years of pain and racking up assets worthwhile. Reports have stated Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley are all on the market, but Sacramento would almost definitely need to include at least one of De‘Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton in any trade for Simmons. Haliburton would surely interest the Sixers as one of the brightest, most well-rounded young guards in the league despite not yet being in the ‘star’ echelon, so too Barnes and Hield as strong pieces who could help them contend. The other bonus of shipping Simmons to Sacramento is sends him out of the Eastern Conference and thus doesn’t make any immediate rivals stronger.

The Timberwolves have long been linked to Simmons as the team looks to climb up the always-compe ive Western Conference standings, but how it gets a deal done is less clear. Any trade would have to centre around D’Angelo Russell, and while the 25-year old is a quality player, he’s a couple of rungs down the neighbourhood the Sixers are reportedly shopping. Malik Beasley and Patrick Beverley could also appeal to Philadelphia but are on a combined $28 million salary to complicate bundling them into a package with Russell, who’s on $30 million. Going off the other players the Sixers have been targeting, you can bet that they’d be asking the question of Anthony Edwards, but the Timberwolves surely wouldn’t be open to dealing the former Pick 1. It means draft picks would likely need to be a big factor in a trade with the Timberwolves, but the Sixers’ preference is finding a star to pair with Joel Embiid during his prime. Therefore a deal with Minnesota seems less likely unless a third of fourth team gets involved.

The “team to watch” according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and one that may now be more serious about plotting a move following its rise to the upper echelon of the East. It’s the dilemma several rising teams face when they have a collection of young budding stars — do they stick with the current crop and see how far it takes them, or at some stage trade for a bona fide All-Star? Don’t get too excited Cavs fans, as any deal would need to centre around more than just Colin Sexton, thus complicating a potential Simmons-to-Cleveland move. Darius Garland and Evan Mobley would both have appeal but are likely untouchables. Jarrett Allen could loom as the key piece, but how he’d fit alongside Joel Embiid is a huge question mark, plus Fanspo.com. reported Allen can’t be traded until after this season because of his new deal’s Bird Rights. Plus Cleveland would probably be hesitant to trade him anyway after emerging as an All-Star level talent. So that leaves the likes of Kevin Love, Lauri Markkanen, Isaac Okoro and Ricky Rubio as potential trade chips but ones who the Sixers surely wouldn’t look twice at as centre pieces of a deal. Like Minnesota, the Cavs would likely need to get more teams involved in a swap to make it happen.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS

According to NBA insider Marc Stein, Simmons would be keen to play for Gregg Popovich if the Spurs could find a way to land him. But could San Antonio realistically make it happen without parting with Dejounte Murray? Murray has emerged as an All-Star calibre player this season and one who’s proven he can be the new face of the Spurs as the franchise transitions into a new era. And Simmons would certainly help fast-track Popovich and co.’s pathway back to the playoffs. However, beyond Murray, Derrick White, Jakob Poeltl, Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell are all attractive pieces, but none stand out as a bold win-now additions that could really help Philadelphia. The other issue if the Spurs could somehow find a way to acquire Simmons without giving up Murray is how the pair would fit together given they’re best maximised handling the ball and neither shoot it well (despite Murray’s improved form). This isn’t to write off the Spurs as a landing spot, but a direct swap doesn’t make much sense on the Sixers side unless it included Murray.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...d5ab3a81377cc8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are FIVE teams left in the race to land Simmons. We break down each possible deal

Ben Cotton
    Ben Cotton from Fox Sports
    ben_cotton15
    December 29th, 2021 3:11 pm
    The NBA’s February 10 trade deadline isn’t far off as Ben Simmons’ standoff with the Philadelphia 76ers continues.

And while a surge of Covid-19 cases is currently dominating the NBA landscape and making it hard for teams to engage in trade talks, the Sixers are expected to again ramp up conversations with rivals soon for the Aussie star.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Sixers “don’t have any real traction on a trade yet” but are set to re-engage with suitors including the Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings and Minnesota Timberwolves before naming the Cleveland Cavaliers as the “team to watch”. The Athletic’s Shams Charania also revealed the Cavs have a “level of interest” in Simmons

Meanwhile, Bally Sports’ NBA Insider Brandon ‘Scoop’ Robinson confirmed the San Antonio Spurs remain keen on Simmons.

It comes after earlier reports that the Sixers are targeting a superstar level talent in return such as James Harden, Damian Lillard, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jaylen Brown — but the reality is Philadelphia may need to start looking a rung down.

In saying that, Simmons is contracted until 2025, meaning suitors aren’t just getting a rental player, thus increasing his value. But how much have the events of recent months affected that?

The 25-year-old Simmons remains away from the Sixers citing mental health issues, while Wojnarowski confirmed Simmons has no plans to return to the team this season, meaning a trade over the next month is the only way to resolve his immediate future.

And so foxsports.com.au has analysed each of the potential five landing spots and their prospects of getting a deal done.

Whether or not they make a move for Simmons, the Pacers are considered one of the teams most likely to shake things up ahead of the trade deadline as they dwindle at the lower end of the Eastern Conference standings. It comes after The Athletic first reported the franchise was open to parting with Caris LeVert and either Domantas Sabonis or Myles Turner in favour of moving towards a substantial rebuild (or tanking) — but this is where a Simmons trade doesn’t necessarily make a heap of sense. While Simmons is only 25 years old, a ‘substantial rebuild’ would indicate accruing long-term assets like draft picks and young upside pieces that won’t help them in the interim (and even makes them worse), so someone like Tyrese Maxey would be a more logical target. Plus any draft picks Indiana took off Philadelphia’s hands would likely be on the lower end of the board. On the Sixers side, the Pacers would be an attractive trade partner as Philadelphia seeks a top-line star that can help them push for the le — with both Sabonis and Turner fitting the bill or not being far off — although it’s unclear how either would mesh with Joel Embiid. The Sixers would ideally get another playmaker in for Simmons, but in terms of who’s actually on the market, Indiana could well have the best assets.

The Kings are another team that, regardless of their legitimate Simmons aspirations, are expected to make moves ahead of the deadline amid another rocky season. Sacramento has maybe the best spread of assets in the league to target a higher-end star and should be bold in trying to climb into the playoff picture after falling short for so many years. This is a team that, as harsh as it sounds, no one has taken seriously for the best part of 20 years, has had one player represent it in the All-Star game since 2004 (DeMarcus Cousins) and just fired its sixth coach in nine seasons. Simmons would make a lot of sense as that franchise star who could potentially help turn their fortunes and make all those years of pain and racking up assets worthwhile. Reports have stated Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley are all on the market, but Sacramento would almost definitely need to include at least one of De‘Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton in any trade for Simmons. Haliburton would surely interest the Sixers as one of the brightest, most well-rounded young guards in the league despite not yet being in the ‘star’ echelon, so too Barnes and Hield as strong pieces who could help them contend. The other bonus of shipping Simmons to Sacramento is sends him out of the Eastern Conference and thus doesn’t make any immediate rivals stronger.

The Timberwolves have long been linked to Simmons as the team looks to climb up the always-compe ive Western Conference standings, but how it gets a deal done is less clear. Any trade would have to centre around D’Angelo Russell, and while the 25-year old is a quality player, he’s a couple of rungs down the neighbourhood the Sixers are reportedly shopping. Malik Beasley and Patrick Beverley could also appeal to Philadelphia but are on a combined $28 million salary to complicate bundling them into a package with Russell, who’s on $30 million. Going off the other players the Sixers have been targeting, you can bet that they’d be asking the question of Anthony Edwards, but the Timberwolves surely wouldn’t be open to dealing the former Pick 1. It means draft picks would likely need to be a big factor in a trade with the Timberwolves, but the Sixers’ preference is finding a star to pair with Joel Embiid during his prime. Therefore a deal with Minnesota seems less likely unless a third of fourth team gets involved.

The “team to watch” according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and one that may now be more serious about plotting a move following its rise to the upper echelon of the East. It’s the dilemma several rising teams face when they have a collection of young budding stars — do they stick with the current crop and see how far it takes them, or at some stage trade for a bona fide All-Star? Don’t get too excited Cavs fans, as any deal would need to centre around more than just Colin Sexton, thus complicating a potential Simmons-to-Cleveland move. Darius Garland and Evan Mobley would both have appeal but are likely untouchables. Jarrett Allen could loom as the key piece, but how he’d fit alongside Joel Embiid is a huge question mark, plus Fanspo.com. reported Allen can’t be traded until after this season because of his new deal’s Bird Rights. Plus Cleveland would probably be hesitant to trade him anyway after emerging as an All-Star level talent. So that leaves the likes of Kevin Love, Lauri Markkanen, Isaac Okoro and Ricky Rubio as potential trade chips but ones who the Sixers surely wouldn’t look twice at as centre pieces of a deal. Like Minnesota, the Cavs would likely need to get more teams involved in a swap to make it happen.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS

According to NBA insider Marc Stein, Simmons would be keen to play for Gregg Popovich if the Spurs could find a way to land him. But could San Antonio realistically make it happen without parting with Dejounte Murray? Murray has emerged as an All-Star calibre player this season and one who’s proven he can be the new face of the Spurs as the franchise transitions into a new era. And Simmons would certainly help fast-track Popovich and co.’s pathway back to the playoffs. However, beyond Murray, Derrick White, Jakob Poeltl, Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell are all attractive pieces, but none stand out as a bold win-now additions that could really help Philadelphia. The other issue if the Spurs could somehow find a way to acquire Simmons without giving up Murray is how the pair would fit together given they’re best maximised handling the ball and neither shoot it well (despite Murray’s improved form). This isn’t to write off the Spurs as a landing spot, but a direct swap doesn’t make much sense on the Sixers side unless it included Murray.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...d5ab3a81377cc8
    Nothing new here. Trade Poeltl, White, Thad and Bulls picks for Simmons. If I were Morey, I’d grab that. Poeltl would be upgrade over Drummond and cheap. White gives them a facilitator, Thad experience. I think Simmons can co-exist with DJM’s new-found 3pt range. Fellow Aussie Jock would play perfect opening the lanes. I think the Spurs jump to 4-5th seed over Lakers with that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing new here. Trade Poeltl, White, Thad and Bulls picks for Simmons. If I were Morey, I’d grab that. Poeltl would be upgrade over Drummond and cheap. White gives them a facilitator, Thad experience. I think Simmons can co-exist with DJM’s new-found 3pt range. Fellow Aussie Jock would play perfect opening the lanes. I think the Spurs jump to 4-5th seed over Lakers with that trade.
    If you do that trade, you find a reason to sit him out most of the season, tank, and go full throttle next season with your Lotto pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is racing for Simmons at the current asking price and it’s not a 5 horse race. NOT a single team is interested at the current BS (Bull ) ask for BS (Ben Simmons).

This isn’t stubborn Pop refusing to deal with 90% of the league and willingly taking money and players off the table in the Kawhi trade for his own ego. This is Morey holding a losing hand with a poker face. Once GMs get a better understanding of where the actual market for BS is it’ll be liquid and half the league will once again be interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounding like Philly still wants BS to return. Astronomical, original asking price really
    hurt them. Very interested to see what the trade price is that clears the market. Philly wanting him back and acknowledging it publicly will probably make BS more stubborn. It’s dating 101. Two FRPs and a decent win now player clears the market in my opinion but if I’m the Spurs i’d offer less; White, 2023 Spurs FRP, McLovin/Thad and the 2022 Detroit SRP. Holler!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounding like Philly still wants BS to return. Astronomical, original asking price really
    hurt them. Very interested to see what the trade price is that clears the market. Philly wanting him back and acknowledging it publicly will probably make BS more stubborn. It’s dating 101. Two FRPs and a decent win now player clears the market in my opinion but if I’m the Spurs i’d offer less; White, 2023 Spurs FRP, McLovin/Thad and the 2022 Detroit SRP. Holler!
    I’ve suggested similar in another thread but included KJ. Long term he is an energy guy off the bench for a contender. I exchanged the Bulls pick instead of the Spurs 2023 pick, but I don’t think that is a big difference. I think you have to move Poeltl as the fit with Simmons would seem undesirable, but I think you wait for the summer and let the dysfunction reign the rest of the year to maximize this year’s pick.

Thread Information