Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love if SA could land Simmons this off season for Khem + Graham and one of those Suns unprotected picks….Spurs don’t seem to have a cap space plan for next year anyways with taking on Khem+Graham so what’s one more year if you can get a rather tasty pick from BKY/Suns? It’s a risk because while next year FA class sucks and is a throw away for SA, year after where Ben has 40M owed it may not be. But you can kick that can down the road and maybe give up a first to move him then (that’s not as good as the one they got).

Let’s say they trade Khem/Graham for Simmons + PHX 1st and then one year later trade the CHA 1st+Simmons to a team if Sa needs to dump Simmons as a true expiring deal for a team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love if SA could land Simmons this off season for Khem + Graham and one of those Suns unprotected picks….Spurs don’t seem to have a cap space plan for next year anyways with taking on Khem+Graham so what’s one more year if you can get a rather tasty pick from BKY/Suns? It’s a risk because while next year FA class sucks and is a throw away for SA, year after where Ben has 40M owed it may not be. But you can kick that can down the road and maybe give up a first to move him then (that’s not as good as the one they got).

Let’s say they trade Khem/Graham for Simmons + PHX 1st and then one year later trade the CHA 1st+Simmons to a team if Sa needs to dump Simmons as a true expiring deal for a team?
    For BK Simmons is just going to be dead cap. Zero reason to pay assets to get him off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For BK Simmons is just going to be dead cap. Zero reason to pay assets to get him off.
    I mean, not really. If BKY does that deal I said, they could open up a large salary slot vs being an MLE only team…they have no incentive to tank since they don’t own their own picks and I’m guessing they wont be cool with 37M dead money player when they can simply give up a pick and legit pursue who they want with that money

* to get close to a max slot SA would have to take back most of Ben’s salary without sending much back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, I look at it like this: if you have no incentive to tank, have a solid core, would you trade Ben Simmons + a Suns first for Khris Middleton or DLO or Jerami Grant?

Maybe that’s no, but if you don’t improve you don’t get any pick anyways….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, not really. If BKY does that deal I said, they could open up a large salary slot vs being an MLE only team…they have no incentive to tank since they don’t own their own picks and I’m guessing they wont be cool with 37M dead money player when they can simply give up a pick and legit pursue who they want with that money

* to get close to a max slot SA would have to take back most of Ben’s salary without sending much back
    Why would they do that? Cam Johnson’s cap hold alone is probably 15m meaning that cap space has been eaten and they clearly aren’t concerned with lux tax as evidenced by these deadline deals. They are going to consolidate the pieces they have into an all-star or sell for more draft capital. Not the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they do that? Cam Johnson’s cap hold alone is probably 15m meaning that cap space has been eaten and they clearly aren’t concerned with lux tax as evidenced by these deadline deals. They are going to consolidate the pieces they have into an all-star or sell for more draft capital. Not the other way around.
    Their owner is in the five years ago Joe Lacob IDGAF about luxury tax mode. Simmons will be long gone before Tsai has regrets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh I’m confused why you are so dismissive of this scenario lol. I just said why: BKY does not own their own picks. If they don’t improve, it benefits them absolutely none. Beyond that, as you said, they are currently at 145M in money before Cams money and with needing to re-sign Seth too.

So they are right there at the luxury tax if you think Cam gets say 15M+ a year. Why would you pay the luxury tax and be a worse team when you can simply trade Simmons, have no danger of being in luxury tax, spend the money on a player to improve your team instead and all you give up is a pick when you just landed a ton of them?

I mean, sure, I guess if they don’t care about improving despite having no incentive to tank, don’t care about luxury tax again despite not being able to improve due to Simmons money and are ok with 2 years of dead money with an unproductive player sure. But you would at least think they would consider being rid of all those problems completely while simultaneously improving on the court

If you say Cam gets 20M a year, but you shed Ben’s 37M, that’s a 25M net savings of their current situation (Cams QO if 8M, so 20M would be +12 to their current projection of 145M - 37M from Ben) so they go from 145M in salaries to 120M in salaries but that includes having Cam locked up and now you have 14M to get a productive player in place of Ben and be out of tax zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons is 26 years old. How could he possibly fit into the Spurs timeline?

(Assuming the many other problems could be set aside.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything I think it’s Sa that would need to be convinced here more than BKY. Not sure they absorb all of Simmons for just one pick (I’d prob be ok with it since it’s functionally one year since SA doesn’t have a plan for cap space this next season anyways)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons is 26 years old. How could he possibly fit into the Spurs timeline?

(Assuming the many other problems could be set aside.)
    He doesn’t. He’s traded for and benched or bought out or plays very limited minutes to see if value can improve to where SA can dump him when he’s truly an expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh I’m confused why you are so dismissive of this scenario lol. I just said why: BKY does not own their own picks. If they don’t improve, it benefits them absolutely none. Beyond that, as you said, they are currently at 145M in money before Cams money and with needing to re-sign Seth too.

So they are right there at the luxury tax if you think Cam gets say 15M+ a year. Why would you pay the luxury tax and be a worse team when you can simply trade Simmons, have no danger of being in luxury tax, spend the money on a player to improve your team instead and all you give up is a pick when you just landed a ton of them?

I mean, sure, I guess if they don’t care about improving despite having no incentive to tank, don’t care about luxury tax again despite not being able to improve due to Simmons money and are ok with 2 years of dead money with an unproductive player sure. But you would at least think they would consider being rid of all those problems completely while simultaneously improving on the court

If you say Cam gets 20M a year, but you shed Ben’s 37M, that’s a 25M net savings of their current situation (Cams QO if 8M, so 20M would be +12 to their current projection of 145M - 37M from Ben) so they go from 145M in salaries to 120M in salaries but that includes having Cam locked up and now you have 14M to get a productive player in place of Ben and be out of tax zone.
    I didn’t read this novel. You wrote a similar chapter book when I suggested the Nets trade KD after Kyrie was moved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t read this novel. You wrote a similar chapter book when I suggested the Nets trade KD after Kyrie was moved.
    I never said BKY wouldn’t or shouldn’t trade KD…I simply said it seemed disjointed as evidenced by the report Suns offered CP3 for Kyrie. If BKY knew they were going to trade KD, why would Suns have made that offer?

It at least points to BKY making the deal for Kyrie independent of the thought of moving KD as a hedge to keeping KD.

So….don’t get your point and don’t GAF if you can read or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things I can never understand about this message board:

1. Why people are so snarky/rude to each other over different basketball opinions. It's one thing to pick on ducks for being a troglodyte, but the ery and condescension from some folks is unnecessary. Especially when it comes from people who are comically wrong all the time. You know who I'm talkin' about
    2. Why a thread about a player as ty as Ben Simmons is 75 pages long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said BKY wouldn’t or shouldn’t trade KD…I simply said it seemed disjointed as evidenced by the report Suns offered CP3 for Kyrie. If BKY knew they were going to trade KD, why would Suns have made that offer?

It at least points to BKY making the deal for Kyrie independent of the thought of moving KD as a hedge to keeping KD.

So….don’t get your point and don’t GAF if you can read or not
    After Kyrie was traded you held the opinion KD would not be moved as the Nets needed to double down on him and whatever assets they received given their lack of draft capital. That was a specific rebuttal to
    my view. Two days later KD was moved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Kyrie was traded you held the opinion KD would not be moved as the Nets needed to double down on him and whatever assets they received given their lack of draft capital. That was a specific rebuttal to
    my view. Two days later KD was moved.
    Yes. I held the opinion because it was logical. Does not mean I have a crystal ball. Had they known for sure KD was going to want out, I’m not sure they make that same deal with Mavs.

Cool - you guessed right that KD was going to be traded - want a cookie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I held the opinion because it was logical. Does not mean I have a crystal ball. Had they known for sure KD was going to want out, I’m not sure they make that same deal with Mavs.

Cool - you guessed right that KD was going to be traded - want a cookie?
    The lesson to learn is to not be so pompous. Especially when you have had recent and quite simply bad takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lesson to learn is to not be so pompous. Especially when you have had recent and quite simply bad takes.
    You’re an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG is right that we could trade for simmons but again the counter argument is try to trade to graham for a separate pick, keep salary open, simmons is cancer, and brooklyn probably trades Simmons for an equal bad player if it can. As much as we like to white knight the spurs as the savior for bad frnachises there are other teams with dumb ideas too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG is right that we could trade for simmons but again the counter argument is try to trade to graham for a separate pick, keep salary open, simmons is cancer, and brooklyn probably trades Simmons for an equal bad player if it can. As much as we like to white knight the spurs as the savior for bad frnachises there are other teams with dumb ideas too.
    For sure - it’s not just SA that can do it. Will be interesting to see what they do with Simmons. They probably have something they are looking for and a price just have to see how it shakes out.

Haven’t looked at cap space next year for all the teams yet either; not sure how many will have space to take on Simmons (or mostly take him on)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re an idiot
    Take a number. I had a poster following me around the Simmons thread trying to hold up me to an opinion from a year and a half, plus one trade to a different team, ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take a number. I had a poster following me around the Simmons thread trying to hold up me to an opinion from a year and a half, plus one trade to a different team, ago.
    You literally turtle EVERY-TIME you are proven wrong. Like not even debate; you just coward when blatantly proven wrong. When you deflect it means there maybe is an argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You literally turtle EVERY-TIME you are proven wrong. Like not even debate; you just coward when blatantly proven wrong. When you deflect it means there maybe is an argument.
    You ask me if I’m finished eating, I say no. You ask me 15 minutes later and I say yes. Opposite answers, but both true when said.

At one point, in 2021, I thought Simmons was worth positive assets. I no longer do. Is that really so hard to understand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things I can never understand about this message board:

1. Why people are so snarky/rude to each other over different basketball opinions. It's one thing to pick on ducks for being a troglodyte, but the ery and condescension from some folks is unnecessary. Especially when it comes from people who are comically wrong all the time. You know who I'm talkin' about
    2. Why a thread about a player as ty as Ben Simmons is 75 pages long.
    1. Insecure, stubborn people.
    2. It's a long season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love if SA could land Simmons this off season…

Have you had a physical recently? Sometimes physical ailments can produce strange thoughts and behaviors.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dumping 40 million for a lottery protected pick without involving a hostage situation is not happening.

Thread Information